Author Topic: Injury update  (Read 22093 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Injury update
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »
Conca's latest injury is typical of the player he is. He sastained that injury because he failed to do the simple thing of using the first option when he had the footy.
It sums him up imo.

I re-watched the first quarter again yesterday and there was another instance where he was just to lazy to chase his man which resulted in an Adelaide goal. The footage was from behind the goals and he showed no respect to his opponent.

I've liked Conca in the past but the reality is he is barely up to AFL standard. He does some really good things but then does some things that make you think he is never going to be more than just back up. All players that are drafted have talent so they are all going to have good parts in games but it's the ones that minimise their mistakes that become good AFL footballers.
Rance is the perfect example of this, he showed he had something in his first few years but the knock on him was his brain fades, but he has learned to minimise those as well as improve his good stuff.

I'd trade him out at the end of the year. We as a club need to make tough decisions on these types of players.
He unfortunately has been a flop and pick 6 has been wasted.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2017, 01:53:11 AM »
RICHMOND

INJURIES

Dion Prestia (hamstring) test

Nick Vlastuin (shoulder) TBC

Nathan Broad (shoulder) 4 weeks

Reece Conca (foot) 4 weeks

Nathan Drummond (knee) season

Shane Edwards (hip) 1 week

Jack Graham (ankle) 5 weeks

Ben Griffiths (concussion) indefinite

Shaun Hampson (back) indefinite

Jacob Townsend (eye) 1 week

Source: Herald-Sun website

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2017, 08:09:22 AM »
Can't believe I'm saying this but losing Reece hurts I reckon. Was playing well.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2017, 09:39:31 AM »
I'm hearing Griffiths might be done and will retire due to concussion issues.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2017, 12:16:49 PM »
Would be foolish not to

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
Can't believe I'm saying this but losing Reece hurts I reckon. Was playing well.

I can believe it as Reece can play!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2017, 01:19:24 PM »
Injury update

Physical Performance Manager, Peter Burge, provides an update:

As mentioned in the other thread, Vlastuin has a fracture of his right scapula. Out for 3-4 weeks.

Townsend - right to go this week. Needed a week of no footy after that poke in the eye.

Edwards - resumes skill training this week. So if all goes will should be ready to play.

Conca - Injury can come in varying degrees (minor to serious). He's be in a boot for the next 2-3 weeks. If his foot has healed after taking off the boot then he can progress towards normal training.

Prestia - They narrowed it down to a slight hammy. 50/50 call although given his limited preseason he's more likely to miss this week. Good news is there's no issues with is knee. His training load will increase towards the second half of the season and he should be hitting his peak by then.

Graham - running on the alt-G. We need to get him to the stage where he can run carrying his own body weight. Still 4-5 weeks away. He's a young player so we will take our time to get him right as he'll be a long term player for us.

Broad - Doing conditioning at the moment. He's scheduled for a round 11 return.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-05-09/injury-update

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2017, 02:34:37 PM »

Edwards - resumes skill training this week. So if all goes will should be ready to play.

So who's he coming straight in for?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2017, 03:23:49 PM »
A kid with a higher ceiling than him...

...or Castagna....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »
A kid with a higher ceiling than him...

...or Castagna....
What don't you like about George?

I know you don't think he is a good kick but is that it?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2017, 08:38:29 PM »
Injury update

As mentioned in the other thread, Vlastuin has a fracture of his right scapula. Out for 3-4 weeks.

Townsend - right to go this week. Needed a week of no footy after that poke in the eye.

Conca - Injury can come in varying degrees (minor to serious). He's be in a boot for the next 2-3 weeks. If his foot has healed after taking off the boot then he can progress towards normal training.

Prestia - They narrowed it down to a slight hammy. 50/50 call although given his limited preseason he's more likely to miss this week. Good news is there's no issues with is knee. His training load will increase towards the second half of the season and he should be hitting his peak by then.

Graham - running on the alt-G. We need to get him to the stage where he can run carrying his own body weight. Still 4-5 weeks away. He's a young player so we will take our time to get him right as he'll be a long term player for us.

Wasn't there a recent article about, how Conca has finally put his injury infested career behind him?

Like a week before this? :rollin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2017, 08:47:03 PM »
Injury update

Wasn't there a recent article about, how Conca has finally put his injury infested career behind him?

Like a week before this? :rollin

Yeh but I immediately called the bluff of the article

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2017, 09:14:54 PM »
and the club will again persist.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2017, 03:51:04 AM »
Injury List - May 8, 2017

Player    Injury    Scheduled return

Nathan Drummond    Knee    Season
Shaun Hampson    Back    Indefinite
Ben Griffiths    Concussion    Indefinite
Jack Graham    Ankle     4-5 weeks
Reece Conca    Foot    4-5 weeks
Nick Vlastuin    Shoulder    3-4 weeks
Nathan Broad    Shoulder    3 weeks
Dion Prestia    Hamstring soreness    Test
Shane Edwards    Hip    Test
Jacob Townsend    Eye    Available

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/season/injury-list

More injury info here: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-09/tigers-lose-utility-prestia-5050-to-face-dockers

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2017, 07:03:04 PM »
Sheds could come in for one of either Castagna or Butler I reckon. Naturally plays better as a forward and has good hands in close. Of course we should be developing the kids but if they are tired I am sure Sheds would be a good addition