Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 167563 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dusty tweeted this tonight:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZGgm-U8AECafA.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/dustinmartin4?lang=en

Call me cynical, but I don't think Dusty "tweeted" (read wrote) that. Dusty hasn't been on Tweeter for months

Looks like another example of good ole' Ralph. Why? because it brings Ralph into the conversation, Ralph shouldn't be mentioned, it's not about him.   >:(

Yep I am cynical and didn't trust Carr at all
100% agree. Dusty didn't actually pen that. Hardly cynical, blind freddy can see that wasn't him  ;)

Based on what exactly?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Dusty tweeted this tonight:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZGgm-U8AECafA.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/dustinmartin4?lang=en

Call me cynical, but I don't think Dusty "tweeted" (read wrote) that. Dusty hasn't been on Tweeter for months

Looks like another example of good ole' Ralph. Why? because it brings Ralph into the conversation, Ralph shouldn't be mentioned, it's not about him.   >:(

Yep I am cynical and didn't trust Carr at all
100% agree. Dusty didn't actually pen that. Hardly cynical, blind freddy can see that wasn't him  ;)

Based on what exactly?

Read it

Outside of Dusty not being on twitter since Nov last year, just read it.

Just the words used, the perfect grammar

And simple because Ralph is mentioned

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Perfectly reasonable points to be cynical about it. But to claim "blind freddy can see that wasn't him", especially from someone who presumably hasn't even talked to him down a dark alley, is hilarious

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Barrett tonight said North Melbourne are the latest club wanting Dusty.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'Shy guy's' contract won't become side show: Cotchin

Matt Thompson 
afl.com.au
March 17, 2017 7:29 AM

DUSTIN Martin's contract negotiations won't become a sideshow if Trent Cotchin has anything to do with it.

As Cotchin waits to be ratified as Richmond captain for a fifth season, he and his teammates are bracing themselves for a year of questions about the club's biggest star.

Martin becomes a restricted free agent at the end of this season and, through his agent Ralph Carr has made it clear he has no intention of deciding on his future until the final siren sounds on 2017.

However, unlike Patrick Dangerfield in the past, and even Nat Fyfe in the present, Martin isn't going to be the one constantly peppered with questions.

That's because he stays out of the media, perhaps more than any other high-profile player in the game.

"Well he's a footballer, he's not a media personality, and that's his job," Cotchin said on Thursday.

"He's a shy guy, he has a lot of things that are important to him but he doesn't need to share them in front of cameras and that's the way he feels."

Cotchin is confident Martin's future won't become a distraction to Richmond's quest to return to the finals after a disappointing 2016.

" I don't think it'll be a side show," Cotchin said.

"He's had a fantastic pre-season and I'm really looking forward to seeing what sort of footy he produces."

Cotchin, who is a close mate of Martin, even taking him in for a time as a housemate, believes the 25-year-old cops a bad rap in the media.

"I think they're very critical of him given some of his misdemeanors in the past, but I think if people knew the real Dusty they'd have different opinion of him," Cotchin said.

However, "the real Dusty" will likely remain a mystery to fans because of the extreme lengths his minders take to help keep him from talking publicly.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-17/martin-contract-news-wont-become-a-sideshow-says-cotchin

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
good response from Cotch, the problem is that it will only make the media more determined to make it into a circus.

Dust is an easy target for them and they will be like dogs with a bone.
I would much rather see them put the same energy and commitment in their questioning of Hardwick and his performance, but that would take a bit more resilience and bottle, so they will stick with stirring the Dusty pot
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Barrett tonight said North Melbourne are the latest club wanting Dusty.
Wishful thinking for your Roos, Barrett  ::). Yep, Dusty is going to move to another club on the downward spiral onfield and playing in front of a man and his dog  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
There is no more Sideshow at Richmond  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From Prez Peggy O'Neal:

What are we doing to ensure Dustin Martin doesn’t leave?

We obviously want Dustin to remain a Richmond player and remain confident that that will be the case long-term. The communication lines between the Club and Dustin’s management remain open but there is no time line on when something will be agreed.

Of course, we would prefer to have Dustin's contract settled sooner rather than later but, equally, we need to respect Dustin and his management’s right to work through what is an important decision - and that is not uncommon in the modern football environment.

Importantly, Dustin has indicated that is very happy at the Club and working hard to get the best out of himself this season.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-03-20/from-the-president-excitement-for-2017

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Give the man 1.25mil a year and throw in a few trophy wives to clinche.

Give him. Anything.

Can't let him go
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

Makes me
Laugh hearing Adelaide and he saints publicly state they have no interest in dusty whatsoever. Bit of an insult hope he sticks it right up them and has an even better season.

In the Absolute elite bracket of the comp

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Loved his game tonight TM
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Buddy deal coming up. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm so glad we can match any offer.

Hopefully it's something like 5-6 years for $1-1.2million/year. I could live with that...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rex Hunt says Richmond must resist offering Dustin Martin whatever he wants

3AW
March 24, 2017 - 2:27PM

Rex Hunt says Richmond must not offer Dustin Martin an open cheque book to remain with the club.

Hunt, who played in two premierships with the Tigers, said Richmond should only keep Martin for the right reasons.

He said loyalty must come before money.

Martin simply dominated the season opener against Carlton, collecting 33 disposals, four goals and all-but-certainly three Brownlow votes in the Tigers' 43-point win.

Speaking on 3AW's new Footy Nightline program, Hunt rejected suggestions the Tigers had to offer Martin whatever he wanted.

"I don't think money can buy this man," Hunt said.

"One thing money can't buy is loyalty and a real feeling for a club."

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/rex-hunt-says-richmond-must-resist-offering-dustin-martin-whatever-he-wants-20170324-gv5rry.html