Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 166549 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Oh no..."Luke" has the hot sauce.....

:shh

I can believe this, Looks like Luke and Dusty share the same barber

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Shouldn't his price go down after Saturday night?

Every time he fires it's supposedly going up

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Shouldn't his price go down after Saturday night?

Every time he fires it's supposedly going up

Yep $200k less after that performance :whistle

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Lol 65 probably hasn't seen Waynes World, too busy watching communist propaganda films on the ol' 8mm  :shh

Two things

1. WTF is "Waynes World"?

2. I have an old 8mm projector in the cupboard. An old Eumig Mark 8.

:thumbsup

Surely you've seen Bugs Bunny? Bugs vs the Raging Bull, all time classic with one of his finest endings...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Make sure we match the offer and get 2 first rounders plus a player.  Saints have 2 first rounders don't they??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dusty's manager Ralph Carr hits out at The Footy Show's claims (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2017, 03:07:23 AM »
Ralph Carr hits out at The Footy Show after claims he’s holding out on new Richmond deal

Michael Warner,
Herald Sun
July 11, 2017

DUSTIN Martin’s manager has hit out at claims he is holding out on a deal with Richmond because of bitterness over a previous contract.

Ralph Carr said the claim aired on The Footy Show last Thursday night was “ridiculous”.

“I’ve been a manager for 25 years — do you really think I would let emotion get in the way of such an important deal?” Carr told the Herald Sun from Los Angeles.

“It’s just not true and Richmond Football Club knows it’s not true. Neil Balme has clarified that.”

Martin, 26, becomes eligible for free agency at the end of this season.

Carr said talks with the Tigers were continuing in good faith.

Richmond’s long-term, $1 million-a-season offer to Martin is already the biggest tabled in the club’s history.

Tigers chief executive Brendon Gale conceded two weeks ago that the time was “probably approaching” for Martin and his management to give the club an indication.

“We’re probably approaching that time where we’d like to get a sense of where their heads are at,” Gale told ABC radio.

“We do have to plan and we’ve got the salary cap and other players, so I guess we’re approaching that point.”

Up to six clubs including Essendon, North Melbourne and St Kilda have been linked to the 2016 Jack Dyer Medallist.

But Gale said Martin’s status as a restricted free agent meant the Tigers would have the option of matching a rival offer.

“The other thing is — he’s a restricted free agent,” Gale said.

“So we’ve always got the right to match any sort of offer. I guess we do have that in the background.

“But I’m fairly confident it won’t come to that. It’s not an ideal scenario and it’s probably uncomfortable for our fans who obviously love the guy.

“But all I can say is that I’m very confident in the people looking after it and I’m very confident in our position. I’m sure it will be resolved in due course.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/ralph-carr-hits-out-at-the-footy-show-after-claims-hes-holding-out-on-new-richmond-deal/news-story/beb5263adb584496bd56df9cf70d4814

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Josh McCabe‏ @JoshMcCabe91
Anything on Dusty and Rockliff Tony ?

Tony Sheahan‏ @TonySheahan
Rockliff is back in favour. Dusty to stay a Tiger

daz singer‏ @thedazsinger12
What will dusty do?

Tony Sheahan‏ @TonySheahan
Staying at Punt rd.

https://twitter.com/TonySheahan

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Of course he will stay just need to find another 500k to wrap up the deal :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin contract: Richmond chief Brendon Gale confident star free agent will stay at Punt Road

Ben Broad,
Herald Sun
13 July 2017  1:00pm

RICHMOND chief Brendon Gale is confident of retaining star free agent Dustin Martin, saying the Tigers have a “really strong, compelling offer” for their midfield bull.

Gale, the former Tigers forward who led the AFL Players Association before returning to an off-field role at Punt Road, said it was in Martin’s rights to explore his worth on the open market.

But he believes the Tigers star will still be in yellow and black in 2018.

“I am (confident),” Gale told the Talking Footy podcast.

“I mean there’s obviously a hysteria surrounding Dusty, he’s a guy that attracts enormous (attention) ... there’s huge curiosity in Dustin the person, the footballer, so it goes with the territory.

“One thing that’s important is it doesn’t affect the kid. He just stays in the moment and it doesn’t impact us because we understand this is how the market works these days.

“He’s got every right to go and see where he sits, and plus we reckon we’ve got a really strong, compelling offer for him — and that’s not just money, that’s everything.

“We love Dustin, he’s really important to us (and) not just for his football but as a person and as a leader too.

“He’s really grown and he should take credit for that and we look forward to him continuing with us into the future.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-chief-brendon-gale-confident-dustin-martin-will-stay-a-tiger/news-story/9f247a6eaf7dd26562c28cce991f6932

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Grimes confident Dusty will stay (ESPN)
« Reply #294 on: July 17, 2017, 11:44:28 PM »
Grimes confident Dusty will stay

Jonno Nash and Charlie Happell
ESPN
17 July 2017

Richmond defender Dylan Grimes is confident out-of-contract superstar Dustin Martin will re-sign, as the Tigers march to September glory.

Martin is a free agent in career-best form being lured by multiple clubs on lucrative, multi-year deals.

But Grimes is adamant the 26-year-old Brownlow Medal favourite will reaffirm his commitment to Punt Rd.

"I've been confident from the start that Dusty wasn't going to go anywhere," Grimes told ESPN.

"I think a lot of it's been external hype. It's not something that's talked about from a playing group. We worry about what we can control.

"Dusty is an absolute star of the competition, so I'm looking forward to playing with him next year."

As the hysteria surrounding Martin's future swells, Grimes said the hoopla has had little impact on the playing group.

"We've invested a hell of a lot in our game-day culture where we can control what we can control. It doesn't really come up in conversation in the locker rooms at all or around the club," he said.

"We've had such great management from a list management perspective, that our list is in a great spot and Dusty will be a part of that going forward."

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/20084752/front-centre-dylan-grimes-confident-dustin-martin-stay-richmond

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread [merged]
« Reply #295 on: July 18, 2017, 10:35:44 AM »
Interesting to see if the Fyfe signing has any impact on the Dusty negotiations. Hes been offered 1.3m a season, reckon thats about what Dusty is worth. Unfortunately it means with one less A grader on the market his price may go up.

Strikes me as positive when players start publically stating theyre confident a player will resign. More substance to it than when managers/coaches/presidents/ceos say it IMO.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Grimes confident Dusty will stay (ESPN)
« Reply #296 on: July 18, 2017, 11:39:24 PM »
" It doesn't really come up in conversation in the locker rooms at all or around the club," he said.

Funny, I'm sure we've been told different...

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: July 20, 2017, 07:55:20 PM »
Numbers being bandied around have Norf in front of the Tigers by $500k. That gap would get the deal done allegedly....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: July 20, 2017, 08:10:30 PM »
the non commital of martin at this stage oif the season would suggest that is pretty close to being correct.

The fact that the eba has been signed off and yet martin has put off talks is a concern

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: July 20, 2017, 09:10:43 PM »
I get the feeling that Dusty is also putting off contract talks until he knows what the future holds for the coach.