Author Topic: Biggest sooky little babies?  (Read 200773 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Biggest sooky little babies?
« Reply #555 on: May 30, 2020, 10:56:28 PM »
Quote from: 7AFL
Richmond fans have continued to buy club memberships during the coronavirus pandemic.

The AFL powerhouse is still in a very strong position:
https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1266154164993720321

Quote from: GoDees.
They will claim they have 150000 members now.
https://twitter.com/teamvanders/status/1266206672831176704

Quote from: Michael E
So have a bunch of other Clubs...just ssying..
https://twitter.com/Michael_60/status/1266203828530982919

Quote from: Josh
not like 7afl to only post about richmond
https://twitter.com/joshhowe101/status/1266258585203249154

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #556 on: May 31, 2020, 05:34:26 AM »
Green eyed monster tracking well at every other clubs supporter base lol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #557 on: June 02, 2020, 04:51:07 AM »
Quote from: Mark Stevens
Cutout fans gaining momentum ... Pies a lock Round 2, Dogs Round 3 ... will superpower Richmond join in?
Quote from: Wayen blue tick OG
Superpower Richmond. You really are a key contributor to.... http://ratemyturd.com
Quote from: Chris Rode
Don’t call them a superpower. It goes straight to their head
https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL/status/1267034737811419143

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #558 on: June 02, 2020, 09:08:32 AM »
God, these sooks are embarrassing.

I don't really use social media. Do Richmond fans reply to these remarks? Or do the sooks generally go unchecked?

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #559 on: June 02, 2020, 12:03:02 PM »
This is by far my most favourite thread on any site. Check it daily. Best laugh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2020, 02:07:10 PM »
Quote from: Benjamin Woolford
I'd pick Harry Taylor over Cotchin every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Taylor is a quality key defender who can swing forward, Cotchin is just a seagull
Quote from: Samuel Wyatt
Cotchin hasn't won a Brownlow
https://www.facebook.com/pg/FOXFOOTY/posts/

Quote from: Catsnlakers
I think it has to do with opposition fans being genuinely miffed as to how this Richmond team ( with a few top end stars but a lot of honest players ) have been able to achieve multiple flags...With us & the Hawks it was a non issue because we had genuine superstars on every line & winning just made sense.... Whereas with this Tigers team the narrative is that they are successful because of the MCG advantage...I don’t subscribe to this theory at all, but it gets profligated often from what I read/hear.
Quote from: kaiserchief13
Exactly, you admit it's not an even playing field. That [GF at the MCG] is the reason people say Richmond have been successful, because of the rules of the league, not that their team has been that good.
Quote from: kaiserchief13
2019 was better, but 2017 definitely was not deserved. They got pumped by Adelaide away that year, along with losing @ GWS, @ PA, @ Fremantle I think
Quote from: Dirty Bird
But why should any team deserve home ground advantage?

I’ve thought it for years

Play it at defending premiers home state

So I would’ve had Richmond vs gws at Perth stadium
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/which-premiership-side-is-the-best-of-the-last-four-years.1239787/page-24

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2020, 02:18:24 PM »

I don't really use social media. Do Richmond fans reply to these remarks? Or do the sooks generally go unchecked?
If it's an AFL forum or the AFL facebook, instagram or twitter accounts then Tiger supporters reply but some of these sooks are obscure twitter accounts or opposition forums.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 03:33:37 PM by one-eyed »

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »

If it's a AFL forum or the AFL facebook, instagram or twitter accounts then Tiger supporters reply but some of these sooks are obscure twitter accounts or opposition forums.

I see...

Cheers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #563 on: June 04, 2020, 02:19:16 AM »
Quote from: @FOXFOOTY
The six MCG clubs are set to cash in from a shock multi million dollar deal
Quote from: Lachlan Steele
Vic bias
Quote from: Kingm1806
Geelong should never have to play a home game against an MCG tenant, at the MCG ever again. It's called a home and away season for a reason. Good luck to these MCG tenant clubs in getting this money, but you can't have it all....
Quote from: Brian Speaking
Another example of an inequitable competition.
Quote from: Keyser
So the AFL agrees to play the GF at the MCG for 40 years and the tenant clubs already advantaged by that arrangement get a loyalty payment from the MCG. Get stuffed
Quote from: Miguel Sanchez
#stilltheVFL
Quote from: Kelly Combe
Gladly, AFL house refund licence fees with inflation to SA & WA and happy to go back to state leagues.
https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1268076066293202946

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #564 on: June 08, 2020, 01:13:49 PM »
Quote from: Realist
Very well summed up. The only thing I would seek verification of is a comparison of Richmond’s recent interstate record to the other big Melbourne Clubs.
Quote from: Stirling Coates
A fair question. Collingwood are probably the only reasonable comparison given Carlton and Essendon have been poor over the same period, but here goes.

They’re [RICH] 2-4 at the Adelaide Oval, 1-1 at Optus Stadium, 0-3 at Giants Stadium and 0-1 at GMHBA Stadium. Even just down the road at Marvel Stadium (7-4) they haven’t been as consistent. Only the Gabba (2-0) and Metricon Stadium (3-0) have been happy hunting grounds.

COL: 8-2 at Marvel, 2-1 at Adelaide, 2-1 at Optus, 2-1 at SCG, 0-2 at Giants, 2-0 at Gabba, 2-0 at Metricon

ESS: 17-9 at Marvel, 2-1 at Adelaide, 2-3 at Optus, 0-3 at SCG, 1-2 at Giants, 2-0 at Gabba, 3-0 at Metricon

CAR: 5-17 at Marvel, 0-3 at Adelaide, 1-1 at Optus, 1-2 at SCG, 0-1 at Giants, 0-2 at Gabba, 2-1 at Metricon

Given the Tigers have won two premierships in this span, the fact their record is comparable to sides who have four combined finals appearances across the same span is damning.
Quote from: Realist
Good point Stirling. It’s definitely something they need to turn around. Dimma has always said….any team, anywhere, anytime but they need to back up with results.
https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/06/05/four-burning-questions-for-richmond-ahead-of-the-afl-restart/

Quote from: @TheTruthNMFC
Will crowds be allowed at North Melbourne’s game against GWS at Giants Stadium on June 14?
Quote from: Geoff Mathers
AFL will knock it back due to being unfair because 300 people might influence the result. But Grand final always at Richmond's home ground is fine.
https://twitter.com/GNMathers/status/1269508910689312769

Quote from: Daniel Knowles
Ridiculous, if fans are allowed to attend in one state let them go. If you want equalisation you wouldn’t have a hub for 4 clubs and you wouldn’t give Richmond after playing 12 of their last 14 at home an away game against WC in QLD.
https://twitter.com/DanielK1733/status/1269128112157032448

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #565 on: June 11, 2020, 11:42:45 PM »
Quote from: Piesnchess
I actually dont reckon they are all that great, one of the worst premiership teams ever, really, we can beat em, but not if we miss easy goals as we have tonight.
Quote from: WarrenerraW
Lynch can basically do as he pleases. Rules don't seem to apply to him unless of course they're in his favour.
Quote from: Haff
Lynch cheated for 2 goals.
Quote from: Piesnchess
Tigers are not that great, or flash, but umps seem to love the bastards.
Quote from: doriswilgus
It’s disgusting what the umpires let Martin get away with,
Quote from: piedys
You'll notice what a talentless rabble Richmond are; their entire skillset evolves around scragging players off the ball when they aren't in possession, while the maggots let them get away with it.
https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=87282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #566 on: June 20, 2020, 08:15:51 PM »
Quote from: csharp
Looking at their team tonight, I didn't realize how weak it looked without Dustin Martin.

So many key players are in their 30s too, like Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Houli, with Grimes, Lynch, Pickett, Caddy, Prestia, Astbury and Martin in their late 20s.

Can they really keep up the pace this year? Or next year for that matter?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/are-richmond-hitting-the-slope.1241312/
Quote from: Bunk Moreland
Lol it looked weak at the 2017 GF. Every player who got called up was “who?”.... “who?”

Hasn’t hurt them
Quote from: Brunswick Trap King
Richmond are done. Riewoldt, Houli and Cotch look past it and Dusty can't stay fit.

Long decade ahead.
Quote from: Xtreme
Just like corona virus the Richmond curve is flattening!
Quote from: matey
Worrying signs. All the hype around Stack, Pickett, Bolton, Rioli, Graham .... the next wave to take them into a long period of success 😂😂😂😂😂.

Cotchin moves like he is older than Burgs!
Quote from: FlowersByIrene
Richmond's team has always been a bunch of largely talentless, skillless, useless pricks who got a winning culture driven into them through extreme running, pressure and knocking the ball forward at all costs. That gameplan only worked because it had a few stars to act as the circuit breaker when things weren't going their way m- Dusty, Rance, Riewoldt etc.

Now theres no Rance, last night there was no Dusty and they are beginning to be exposed for what they are. The same bottom 8 team they've been for the last decade with a conditional hunger for the ball. They're still the same bums who can't kick a footy, can't take a mark. They're still the average Asbury's of the world. The conditional Caddy's. The can't-stand-up Castagnas. The bad-news Broad's. The worst-in-the-family Rioli.

They're done. Hope you enjoyed your time in the spot-light Tiget fans because it's over.
Quote from: CakeEater
Given they hijacked the Ross Lyon gameplan, its no surprise they are.

Lucky they got 2 premierships out of it, will make the pain more bearable.
Quote from: La Dispute
Did anyone real see either premiership team as all-time great lineup?

The Tigers did well to capitalise on a good gameplan, but they're nothing more than a reasonable team largely carried by Martin, a few other A-graders and then a whole bunch of disciplined roleplayers. They also happen to play an exorbitant number of games at the MCG, which gives them a nice little advantage through any finals series they participate in.

I suspect they are pretty much done as genuine premiership threat.
Quote from: La Dispute
Cotchin won his Brownlow in 2012 and didn't play anywhere near that level across either 2017 or 2019. He's now slowing down and virtually a bit player himself. Rance fair enough, though overrated, Riewoldt was a very good player who is currently in complete free fall.

Lynch, Grimes, Prestia, Edwards are all good players - no question (I'd add Houli in here too, though soft, as we saw last night). After that there is a big drop off in quality. I'd say between 10-12 C-D graders who make the most of their limited talent or are fairly young - that's a huge amount for a supposedly dominant team. Someone like Soldo wouldn't make the best 22 in any other team in the AFL, to show you the unusual mechanics of the Richmond lineup.

The team has looked complacent in each of the games they have played so far, but that's not a bad thing at this point of an already compromised season. They can still correct whatever it is that's bringing about this current malaise.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #567 on: June 24, 2020, 01:18:48 PM »
Some valid points with a truck of poison.

Need to respond next week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #568 on: June 27, 2020, 03:36:21 AM »
From the Herald-Sun comments section of their Lynch article:
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/inside-story-how-richmond-beat-collingwood-and-hawthorn-to-secure-tom-lynch/news-story/5216cc9a0d611edabd14344ce098b101

After watching Lynch last week the Tigers can have him. Oh and let’s not forget the Tigers offered considerable more money to him
Let it go. He's a solid fwd, good for 50-60 goals per year. He's not Tony Lockett.
He’s not the biggest free agent ever, what about Ablett and Franklin
Is it possible for HS to feature other clubs and players other than RICHMOND, RICHMOND and RICHMOND!!!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #569 on: August 05, 2020, 04:07:25 AM »
Quote from: BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS
Bugger it. If the Lions had hit even half of those early missis they would have ended up running all over these flogs.

Quote from: sweatyman
Richmond 2017-20 are the closest thing to Essendon 2000 I can remember.
Quote from: alex.f.94
Geelong 2007-2011. Tougher, better skilled, more invincble.
Richmond were, and are, a we coached team of good average players with a few superstars to drag them over the line.
Quote from: darkknightpheonix
i remember people saying after 2017 win that they were the worst premiers ever almost.
they went to a prelim the next year not losing many games
they wont it last year with alot of injuries disrupting the first half of their season.
They will probably be the team to beat this year at the business end.

Think people need to wake up and realise maybe just maybe they are you know not just a team filled with average players with a “couple” of superstars.

cos you could technically make a case that that is any side. you could say that about geelong, hawthorn, brisbane if you really wanted to, doesn’t make it any more true than it does now.
Quote from: Alex.f.94
mmm I think Geelong, Hawks and Brisbane had better cattle across each and every line than what Richmond does.

Richmonds success is an indictment on the rest of the competition, more than anything imo,

Quote from: mcdonaldtriplemfooty
Richmond just never take the pedal off, they are the anti essendon, just one gear all game
Once they build a small lead they’ll just keep at you, it’s awesome to see

Quote from: mcdonaldtriplemfooty
The Essington hangover strikes again.
We are such a blight on the game we lull ■■■■■■ teams into faux form, when really they got used to not having any pressure applied to them for a game then get shellacked when playing a real football team full of actual footballers.
Richmond will kick over 100 against us.

Quote from: scotty21
We legit might not even score Dreamtime

Can we forfeit the Dreamtime game?
Quote from: Heffsgirl
the only highlight I see is if Martin breaks his arm doing a high fend off.

I’m really ■■■■■■■ sick of Richmond
Quote from: Finding_Nemo
Townsend to grab his fend off arm and pull it out of his socket as he’s getting brought to ground
https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/non-essendon-games-in-the-20-days-of-footy-mega-thread/19118/1045