Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 416612 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'People will be glad when Tom Lynch's season ends': Hamish Hartlett (HeraldSun)
« Reply #1680 on: October 16, 2020, 04:00:59 AM »
Hamish Hartlett ramps up verbal war against Tom Lynch

news.com.au
16 October 2020

Port Adelaide defender Hamish Hartlett has ramped up the verbal war against divisive forward Tom Lynch, saying people will be glad when his season ends.

“(Lynch) obviously gets caught up in the emotions of the game a probably a bit more frequently than others do,” Hartlett told Adelaide radio station FIVEaa.

“I guess others are able to control their instinct and reactions perhaps on their emotions a little bit better than what Tom does.

“I think there’d be plenty of people out there who would like to see his season come to an end... I’ll leave it at that.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-young-guns-todd-marshall-and-xavier-duursma-push-preliminary-final-case-at-training/news-story/01052ec840f4e75f0cf842add15a9963

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1681 on: October 16, 2020, 07:12:47 AM »
Who is Hamish hartlett?

Nobody

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1682 on: October 16, 2020, 01:21:54 PM »
I think he's that unfunny flog that hangs out with that other unfunny flog who Hamspud stole Megan Gale from... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1683 on: October 16, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1684 on: October 16, 2020, 02:04:12 PM »
Speaking on SEN Breakfast, former AFL captains Garry Lyon and Tim Watson outlined why they liked the comments from Hartlett, which is likely to set the tone for a brutal battle.

“I don’t know if it was as measured as that (Port planning to target Lynch),” he said.

“When you talk in team meetings for two weeks as they have, things seep into your subconscious and you then go and do you media and some of the messaging comes out.

“To me, that says we’re are going after him’. Not going after him, but we will bait him and try and get him sucked in. He’s made his bed Tommy Lynch, we’ll see if he can lie in it tonight.”

Watson suggested it would lead to a number of Port Adelaide players attempting to bait Lynch into an indiscretion.

“Bump him, say something to him. Have a crack at him, see if you can’t get under his skin,” he said.

“What he has shown us to this point, he does lose it. He does allow people to get under his skin and he does transgress from time to time and he is going to have to live with that and he’s going to have to try and contain the fact.”

Lyon believed the Power had thrown the “first little psychological one” as the minor premiers aim to defeat a red-hot Tigers team.

“What Hamish Hartlett is saying, he’s shown he can’t contain himself and the line is there and a little bit of encouragement, he can tip over. That is some byplay tonight that I am going to watch closely,” he explained.

“Who is the bloke who is going to walk up to him and say ‘Tom, you make one more mistake win or lose, you are not playing next week. You’re going to miss a Grand Final, you’re on 800,000, you’re going to cost the club. You’re that close to being suspended Tom, don’t you dare go over’. All that sort of stuff.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/he-gets-caught-up-in-the-emotions-port-star-fires-barb-towards-undisciplined-tiger/news-story/18dbe1c5d4b0c313bba64fff6c737e6c

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1685 on: October 16, 2020, 02:29:35 PM »
Lynch just needs to put it in the memory bank and bring out a reply if we have the game won as that will sting even more and for longer :yep. Tom's best response tonight will be to kick the goals that he should and help us get over the line.

Who is Hamish hartlett?

Nobody
Hartlett missed his chance to join us in 2017  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1686 on: October 16, 2020, 03:09:18 PM »
Campbell Brown (who was Lynch's teammate at the Suns) on SEN just now said he sent Hartlett's comments to Lynch last night and told Tom to memorize them and put them away for extra motivation and if Hartlett is waiting under a high ball ;D.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1687 on: October 16, 2020, 03:33:33 PM »
“Who is the bloke who is going to walk up to him and say ‘Tom, you make one more mistake win or lose, you are not playing next week. You’re going to miss a Grand Final, you’re on 800,000, you’re going to cost the club. You’re that close to being suspended Tom, don’t you dare go over’. All that sort of stuff.”

Man things have changed since I played football. Too many words, too many nice words. No wonder Lyon didn't win any premiership. Lynch would just laugh at any one saying those words.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1688 on: October 16, 2020, 04:28:00 PM »
The only way Lynch would have to worry about suspension and missing the Granny is if we win. So is Port expecting to lose?!  :wallywink
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 05:29:17 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1689 on: October 16, 2020, 04:54:12 PM »
Flat track bullies Port are with no runs on the board.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1690 on: October 16, 2020, 10:20:39 PM »
Hamish Hartlett’s highlight is when he got rag dolled with a don’t argue from Martin in 2017.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1691 on: October 16, 2020, 10:43:31 PM »
Ch7 just showed some vision of Tom after an interview comforting a young Port Fan who was in tears

All class
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1692 on: October 16, 2020, 11:06:18 PM »
Ch7 just showed some vision of Tom after an interview comforting a young Port Fan who was in tears

All class

Nice of him but if I was that kid I wouldn’t want any piece of that from an opposition player that just knocked out my team lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1693 on: October 16, 2020, 11:12:15 PM »

All class

Nice of him but if I was that kid I wouldn’t want any piece of that from an opposition player that just knocked out my team lol

Poor kid, was there with a huge group of Tiger fans....

Maybe Tom was trying to convert him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1694 on: October 16, 2020, 11:50:43 PM »
Some loser (presumably a Port fan) chucked their cup of bourbon & coke at Lynch while he was being interviewed post-game. The cops took the cretin away.