Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 362570 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Umpiring 2014
« Reply #450 on: March 28, 2014, 08:49:26 AM »
back to being a joke was last night regarding the umpiring

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #451 on: March 28, 2014, 09:06:23 AM »
Can't believe that idiot reported Martin.

Ralphy was already talking about 2 weeks, down to 1 with a guilty plea!!

All from that footage where you can't tell if it was a slap, push, or a strike!?!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: March 28, 2014, 09:08:10 AM »
The notion of teaching youngsters to play in front or be first to the ball is history based on last night.

the umpires are clueless to the notion of prior opportunity or being able to make a genuine attempt to get rid of the ball.

they are umpiring as if they want to encourage blokes to be second in with the sole intent to tackle rather than be first and get the ball.

as for throws, how many did the scum get away with?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Rampstar

« Reply #453 on: March 28, 2014, 10:02:35 AM »
the umpire call on the Griffiths play on in the last quarter was a disgrace and nearly caused the kid a serious leg injury. the club should actually make a deal about this particular decision because it could have cost the kid his career. it was disgraceful decision although it wasnt the only one. the blooz had the umpiring with them last night.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #454 on: March 28, 2014, 10:08:09 AM »
Discussing !!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

dwaino

« Reply #455 on: March 28, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #456 on: March 28, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »
the umpire call on the Griffiths play on in the last quarter was a disgrace and nearly caused the kid a serious leg injury

That was a howler ! I thought the worst one was in the last minutes when Carlton kicked out poorly after a point and Petterd got done for holding or some crap. That cost us a goal at a vital stage.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
the umpire call on the Griffiths play on in the last quarter was a disgrace and nearly caused the kid a serious leg injury. the club should actually make a deal about this particular decision because it could have cost the kid his career. it was disgraceful decision although it wasnt the only one. the blooz had the umpiring with them last night.

I second this. I almost had an aneurysm when I heard the play on call.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #458 on: March 28, 2014, 11:40:02 AM »
it was disgraceful

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: March 28, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
We got mauled and everything Waite got away with we got pinged for. There were some dead set howlers. Haven't seen the replay so might be missing something but what about when Hampson got busted for shepherding in the ruck... when he was the ruckman... and Warnock proceeded to jump on him.
The umpiring was a disgrace but that was a free kick. Griff stepped straight into him and wasn't looking at the ball.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: March 28, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
the umpire call on the Griffiths play on in the last quarter was a disgrace and nearly caused the kid a serious leg injury

That was a howler ! I thought the worst one was in the last minutes when Carlton kicked out poorly after a point and Petterd got done for holding or some crap. That cost us a goal at a vital stage.
Did you see Petterd have a crack at Yarran for being a weak dog?

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: March 28, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »
Did you see Petterd have a crack at Yarran for being a weak dog?

I did. Little stager. Reckon Waite should cop a fine from the tribunal for his pathetic stage too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:10:30 PM by WilliamPowell »
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

dwaino

« Reply #462 on: March 28, 2014, 12:40:34 PM »
We got mauled and everything Waite got away with we got pinged for. There were some dead set howlers. Haven't seen the replay so might be missing something but what about when Hampson got busted for shepherding in the ruck... when he was the ruckman... and Warnock proceeded to jump on him.
The umpiring was a disgrace but that was a free kick. Griff stepped straight into him and wasn't looking at the ball.

Thanks didn't see that part.

In the back in a marking contest was fairly inconsistent too. And what is the point of tackling if blokes can just chuck the ball out?

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #463 on: March 28, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »
It was a howler. Griff was standing under the ball with hands up and Warnock just jumped straight into him without even raising his arms. The umpire was sucked in.

gerkin greg

« Reply #464 on: March 28, 2014, 01:53:40 PM »
It was a howler. Griff was standing under the ball with hands up and Warnock just jumped straight into him without even raising his arms. The umpire was sucked in.

Agree. Some think Griff should have moved out the way and let his opponent just win the tap.