Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 107783 times)

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #405 on: September 13, 2022, 08:03:17 AM »
I can't find the vision but Matthew Lloyd on Footy Classified last night said he disagreed with Richmond going after both Taranto and Hopper because they are same type of player. Both inside mids & both ordinary kicks. He added that Richmond should only be going after one of them and then going for different type of player.

Lloyd is a dumb campaigner. No wonder Knighter sacked him

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #406 on: September 13, 2022, 08:41:04 AM »
You may be right but in 2021, we were coming off back to back flags and Pies were coming off 17th. Ladder position has to be a consideration.
My analogy would be an auction where 2 guys are bidding - one has just sold his house with a 30 day settlement and the other guys is not yet on the market.
The urgency is different.

end of 2021 we weren't coming off a flag, we were 12 months post a flag.

the urgency was starting to become apparent after having a poor year, and a serious injury to our best player, and so what did we do. Extend the contract of George mid year, and not even bother with FA or adding to our fitness department. We are good to go again they would have thought, and they were 100% wrong.

Freo finished 11th and picked up brodie for virtually nothing. 12 months later and with many stars past 30 we are scrambling for one more shot at the title.

Not bagging them for going after these 2. I feel the club is just too late to the party, and if one more flag was the aim then they stuffed this up 12 months ago.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #407 on: September 13, 2022, 08:53:44 AM »
I can't find the vision but Matthew Lloyd on Footy Classified last night said he disagreed with Richmond going after both Taranto and Hopper because they are same type of player. Both inside mids & both ordinary kicks. He added that Richmond should only be going after one of them and then going for different type of player.

He has no idea ordinary kicks there not elite , but not ordinary same goes for some of the best players in the game.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: September 13, 2022, 08:55:37 AM »
You may be right but in 2021, we were coming off back to back flags and Pies were coming off 17th. Ladder position has to be a consideration.
My analogy would be an auction where 2 guys are bidding - one has just sold his house with a 30 day settlement and the other guys is not yet on the market.

the urgency was starting to become apparent after having a poor year, and a serious injury to our best player, and so what did we do. Extend the contract of George mid year, and not even bother with FA or adding to our fitness department. We are good to go again they would have thought, and they were 100% wrong.

Freo finished 11th and picked up brodie for virtually nothing. 12 months later and with many stars past 30 we are scrambling for one more shot at the title.

Not bagging them for going after these 2. I feel the club is just too late to the party, and if one more flag was the aim then they stuffed this up 12 months ago.

We did the right thing picked up 5 quality kids last year had to be done that was most important.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: September 13, 2022, 08:56:36 AM »

He has no idea ordinary kicks there not elite , but not ordinary same goes for some of the best players in the game.

Fyfe anyone.
Bont

Plenty of ordinary kicks but tol shelf

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #410 on: September 13, 2022, 11:03:32 AM »
It staggers me that any so called expert thinks getting Taranto AND Hopper is in any way a negative thing.

They clearly don't do any in depth analysis before shooting off their mouths in the media.

This a huge get for us. Any fool knows that.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2022, 04:17:45 PM »
Least with Jackson now requesting a trade the media focus will shift to that deal.  We can just get it done.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2022, 08:56:49 PM »
Junior (Willy) Rioli has made a decision on his future and informed West Coast of his desire to be traded to Port Adelaide.

The Power are also chasing Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley, who is weighing up long-term offers from the Power, Brisbane and the Dogs.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/842663/goalsneak-wants-power-switch-eagles-bitterly-disappointed-

A caller to SEN claimed Dunkley had been offered a 7-year deal by a club other than the Bulldogs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2022, 09:19:49 PM »
Saw this posted on BF.

According to sen this morning
Tigers interested in Robbie Fox and Mitch Crowden
i can see why Crowden that midfield half foward role

Source: BigFooty.

-----------------------

ROBBIE FOX

Position: Defender
D.O.B.: 16 April 1993 (age 29)
Height: 185 cm (6 ft 1 in)
Weight:  84 kg

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/R/Robbie_Fox.html
https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/sydney-swans-defender-robbie-fox-is-in-careerbest-form-with-teaching-to-fall-back-on/news-story/a444897896bc3516182c8bd590dd53f8

Mitchell CROWDEN

Position: Midfielder
Height: 175cm
Weight:  83kg

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/M/Mitch_Crowden.html#20220
https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/players/1561/mitch-crowden

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #414 on: September 13, 2022, 09:39:20 PM »
Least with Jackson now requesting a trade the media focus will shift to that deal.  We can just get it done.

Fmd this kid is overrated.

If Grundy has taught us anything it's that you don't need a gun ruck and you don't pay them big coin.

The million dollar/year suggestions are laughable.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: September 14, 2022, 01:51:29 AM »
Robbie Fox signed a contract extension less than a week ago lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #416 on: September 14, 2022, 07:17:45 AM »
Robbie Fox signed a contract extension less than a week ago lol
Cheers TK  :laugh:.

Got to love this time of the year!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: September 14, 2022, 07:21:12 AM »

We did the right thing picked up 5 quality kids last year had to be done that was most important.

Not talking about the kids I am happy with Gibcus and Sonsie only. The rest are a dime a dozen and i think especially T Brown is a total bust at this stage.

I'm talking about FA and we could have given them this years picks which is essentially what Freo did to GC. Pies gave dogs pick 43 for a player who has similar stats to Hopper.

Instead of signing George we could have offloaded him.

Dusty coming off a serious injury, and we were asleep at the wheel 12 months ago.

Those are the facts.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #418 on: September 14, 2022, 07:22:45 AM »
Trade Radio starts 10am this morning.

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame