Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 107787 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #735 on: October 12, 2022, 09:17:10 AM »
Does anyone think we will do anything else?  Pick swaps for an earlier pick?
Or are we done.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #736 on: October 12, 2022, 09:24:00 AM »
Or are we done.

Dunno how much higher up the draft we could trade.

May as well draft 2 tall forwards who aren't highly rated, hope one of them does a Mitch Lewis.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #737 on: October 12, 2022, 10:02:41 AM »
Or are we done.

I think we are done

Unless someone comes knocking asking about a fringe player that's unlikely to get AFL games in 2023
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FooffooValve

« Reply #738 on: October 12, 2022, 11:38:54 AM »
RCD?

Broadsword

« Reply #739 on: October 12, 2022, 12:11:11 PM »
RCD?
Gotta keep him. How many other 190cm+ mids do we have on the list? Answer: one -- Kamdyn Mcintosh. Taranto and Hopper at 188 and 187 have addressed this a little, but I reckon if you have a 191cm mid like RCD starting to get big numbers in the VFL you keep him on the list.

FooffooValve

« Reply #740 on: October 12, 2022, 12:14:08 PM »
RCD?
Gotta keep him. How many other 190cm+ mids do we have on the list? Answer: one -- Kamdyn Mcintosh. Taranto and Hopper at 188 and 187 have addressed this a little, but I reckon if you have a 191cm mid like RCD starting to get big numbers in the VFL you keep him on the list.

Tend to agree, but all the talk before trade week was that he was gawn, personality clash with Dimma etc. Then nothing. Maybe other clubs see what Dimma sees in him.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #741 on: October 12, 2022, 12:36:50 PM »
RCD?

Tend to agree, but all the talk before trade week was that he was gawn, personality clash with Dimma etc. Then nothing. Maybe other clubs see what Dimma sees in him.

Blair Hartley on trade radio just now said they told him and Stacky that they’d have to wait until after trade period to see where the list stood before they could see whether they’d be offered new deals.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #742 on: October 12, 2022, 12:51:02 PM »
RCD?

Blair Hartley on trade radio just now said they told him and Stacky that they’d have to wait until after trade period to see where the list stood before they could see whether they’d be offered new deals.

Well in the absence of a significant draft hand you'd think they'll both be retained on cheap contracts. Last chance saloon.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #743 on: October 12, 2022, 12:59:27 PM »
RCD?

Well in the absence of a significant draft hand you'd think they'll both be retained on cheap contracts. Last chance saloon.

Think with RCD it depends on a couple of things. From his end is there a team keen on him where he think he’d get better opportunities. From the clubs end are they planning on using both the late picks in the national draft. Given we didn’t lose any players to trade, I suspect if we are going to use both picks then RCD wouldn’t be offered a contract however if we are only using one then there may be a spot for him.

With stack I don’t think they’d consider putting him on the primary list so would need to be delisted and rerookied. I suspect both the club and stack would be happy with this as well have a few rookie spots available and I haven’t heard of any interest from other clubs in stack.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #744 on: October 12, 2022, 01:03:35 PM »
I'd be dirty on the club if RCD walks to the PSD and carves it up at another club.

Going off his VFL form you'd think he'd have had more changes but with Taranto and Hopper coming in he's in strife so wouldn't surprise me if he walks.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #745 on: October 12, 2022, 01:32:32 PM »
Meh.

It doesn't sound like there has been huge demand for RCD in the trade period.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #746 on: October 12, 2022, 01:41:59 PM »
Meh.

Think there ahs been enquiries Willy but end of the day, if your a Club who thinks he's going to get delisted why would trade when next week you can pick him up for nothing in the Delisted FA signing period?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #747 on: October 12, 2022, 01:43:04 PM »
I'd be dirty on the club if RCD walks to the PSD and carves it up at another club.

Going off his VFL form you'd think he'd have had more changes but with Taranto and Hopper coming in he's in strife so wouldn't surprise me if he walks.

AFL.com reported that clubs were interested in RCD.

I think we should jump on the chance to trade him out. 4th Round Pick at least?

I think RCD will walk to a club that has been chatting to him throughout the year.

Unless we sign him up ASAP? Blair said that him and Stack will have decisions made about them in the next few days post trade period.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #748 on: October 12, 2022, 01:44:15 PM »
Meh.

Think there ahs been enquiries Willy but end of the day, if your a Club who thinks he's going to get delisted why would trade when next week you can pick him up for nothing in the Delisted FA signing period?

I hear you, but personally i'm not losing sleep if we lose him.

Wish him all the best though. Seems like a nice fella.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #749 on: October 12, 2022, 01:44:27 PM »
Meh.

Exactly then. So it's either another year with us or else he walks.

I personally would sign him up for 1 year.