Author Topic: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup  (Read 157929 times)

dwaino

Re: Socceroos / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #1335 on: June 22, 2018, 12:17:10 AM »
At the start of the cup I thought a draw would have been fantastic, but after how we played I’m just bummed. Should be on 4 points. A bit more composure against France and we could have even been on 6...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1336 on: June 22, 2018, 12:22:41 AM »
No VAR and we'd oddly could be on 3 pts with a win over France and a loss against Denmark  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #1337 on: June 22, 2018, 12:30:06 AM »
I’ll take that too!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1338 on: June 22, 2018, 12:52:00 AM »
Threw my remote when they brought Juric on. Good impact he had, getting Leckie's way in the box. Bring back Timmy in game 3 if we're pressing for a winner in the 2nd half.

Hope Nabbout's shoulder is alright
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1339 on: June 22, 2018, 12:57:47 AM »
Should have brought Timmy on instead of Juric, don't know what Van Marwijk was thinking. All those crosses, needed someone to drill one with a header.

We peppered them in the second half, really should have found a winner IMO. Just goes to show, if we had a class player up forward I'm sure we would have found it.

Leckie was amazing, I thought we were well on top through the midfield, with Rogic and Mooy.

Arzani has the world at his feet (excuse the pun). Once he worked out where to run, jeez he looked dangerous.

dwaino

« Reply #1340 on: June 22, 2018, 10:06:59 AM »
I reckon I was more filthy with Rogic for Irvine. Rogic was ominous in the second half and was splitting their midfield almost every time he had it. Nothing against Irvine but he’s a blue collar box to box player and we needed to attack. Agree that Cahill would have been a better option than Juric but so would have McClaren or even Luongo. Juric couldn’t get the feel for the game fast enough and was stagnating our already bog average final third play.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1341 on: June 22, 2018, 05:34:50 PM »
If I've got this right and we end up on the same numbers of goals for and goal difference with Denmark then I believe we go through on fewer yellow cards.

With Nabbout out, Juric will probably start against Peru even though he isn't in the form of last year with the Socceroos. He hasn't scored this year from 5 games and hasn't added anything in general play either in both warm-up friendlies or coming on as a sub in the first two games of the WC :-\.

ps. Amazingly, if Iceland beat Nigeria tonight then they can for all intents and purposes knock Messi & Argentina out :o. By the way, Croatia are a bit of a dark horse after their first two wins.

dwaino

« Reply #1342 on: June 22, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »
Yep comes to fair play rules after GD. Peru haven’t scored at all and took two games to get through NZ. I think our group plays off against Group D so given Croatia’s form it will be in France’s best interest to aim for the win against Denmark and not take it lightly. Good for us I guess.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1343 on: June 22, 2018, 11:16:41 PM »
Peru seem to throw everything they've got in the first 10-15 mins. If you can hold up through that period then you can get on top of them as their intensity drops off from that early high.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1344 on: June 23, 2018, 03:48:08 PM »

At least the Colombian player, who was the second quickest in WC history to be red carded, gave away the penalty in doing so, and left his team to play with 10 men for 85 minutes, knows back home won't overreact after a loss in a World Cup  :P.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/fifa-world-cup-2018/colombian-midfielder-threatened-in-grisly-echo-of-escobar-murder-20180623-p4znag.html

:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1345 on: June 23, 2018, 11:04:58 PM »
Belgium's strikepower on display once again tonight.

At least the Colombian player, who was the second quickest in WC history to be red carded, gave away the penalty in doing so, and left his team to play with 10 men for 85 minutes, knows back home won't overreact after a loss in a World Cup  :P.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/fifa-world-cup-2018/colombian-midfielder-threatened-in-grisly-echo-of-escobar-murder-20180623-p4znag.html

:shh
Scarily, not unexpected. Colombian cartels don't take kindly to losing  :-X.

dwaino

« Reply #1346 on: June 24, 2018, 12:11:45 AM »
Belgium taking the pee at the moment.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1347 on: June 24, 2018, 06:58:44 PM »
The Germans pulled that escape out of the proverbial this morning. Down to 10-men and they score the winner from a free kick 5 mins into injury time  :o.

England should sew up a spot in the round of 16 tonight. Too bad that will mean their clash with Belgium will be a dead rubber and both sides may rest their stars. If the Poms have a question mark in this World Cup, its their back 3 who aren't the most technically proficient on the ball. The Belgium attack would be a good test for them if both sides took that game seriously.

dwaino

« Reply #1348 on: June 25, 2018, 01:05:44 AM »
Apparently Lukaku copped an injury in their last game and is in doubt? I was surprised because he looked fine when he was subbed off. He’s a beast but even without him they have so much firepower and Batshuayi is a more than handy replacement.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1349 on: June 27, 2018, 12:50:10 AM »
Crap.
The club that keeps giving.