Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306724 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1080 on: April 27, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »
Hopefully the success of Schultz & White will convince Port thay can turn him around too.....and he's also a Croweater - start the trade negotiations now RFC.....

....or just delist the useless prick, I don't care.....

What success of White?

Getting a start in the side that's currently leading the ladder after being an in and out sub for a mid-table also-ran - what would you call it ?

Ok then yeah he is smashing it what a superstar

tony_montana

« Reply #1081 on: April 27, 2014, 08:29:50 PM »
I have stuck with Edwards for as long as is humanly possible, he has lost me now, useless.

x2

I know that feeling, I jumped off a couple of years back 2011 I think it was against the pies a night game. 3rd qtr Lids went nuts and we got a run on and closed the gap from 10 goals to about 4( lol) we were all over them and shed ran into an open goal 3 times in 10 mins for a total combined return of 1 behind and 2 OOTF. Lost me that night and have never looked back. Just not good enough - The end

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1082 on: April 27, 2014, 08:31:22 PM »
Do we need an indigenous player on the list to keep Dreamtime?

As far as I can see that may be the only reason he gets a game…..
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1083 on: April 27, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »
Hopefully the success of Schultz & White will convince Port thay can turn him around too.....and he's also a Croweater - start the trade negotiations now RFC.....

....or just delist the useless prick, I don't care.....

What success of White?

Getting a start in the side that's currently leading the ladder after being an in and out sub for a mid-table also-ran - what would you call it ?

Ok then yeah he is smashing it what a superstar

So it's only "success" if he's BOG every week eh Chuck-a-wobbly? Careful - you almost sound like a darksider there.

If we could keep lids, Cotch, Dusty and Jack and have 18 Matty whites we would be set

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1084 on: April 27, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »
I have stuck with Edwards for as long as is humanly possible, he has lost me now, useless.

x2

I know that feeling, I jumped off a couple of years back 2011 I think it was against the pies a night game. 3rd qtr Lids went nuts and we got a run on and closed the gap from 10 goals to about 4( lol) we were all over them and shed ran into an open goal 3 times in 10 mins for a total combined return of 1 behind and 2 OOTF. Lost me that night and have never looked back. Just not good enough - The end

TM remember that game well. The phrase was coined on here by someone about him momentum killer. Was that game and I had lost him much earlier. Was almost cajoled in 2012 but remained firm. Critical misses against Nth in the last quarter and turnovers earlier that year in close games sealed the deal fully.
Will never be a player other than a less than ordinary one. Plain and simple.
Even at Geelong, Christensen, Motlop and Stokes all on one leg would get selection before the less than ordinary Titch.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1085 on: April 27, 2014, 09:13:10 PM »
Will he get dropped, we all know the answer, Hardwick's credibility is decreasing by the day and if he doesn't make a statement at the selection table this week then I think he may as well resign as coach. I think his problem is he is a great bloke but like a teacher who let's you talk in class and doesn't give homework eventually the kids take advantage. In this case its the Griggs, Edwards, Newman's, Houlis who just expect and get provided with a walk up start every week regardless of form. A message needs to be sent to them very quickly and if Hardwick isn't prepared to do it then find someone who is for while these pretenders are in the team we are going nowhere fast.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1086 on: May 05, 2014, 03:49:32 AM »
Well what do ya know - played well as a sub....rule is made for him.... been wanting this since they brought it in - still had to have his little brain explosion with the playing on in the square but luckliy got a second chance second later and made amends. Could this finally see him become the impact player he's been threatening to be but never delivered upon his entire career ...or could it be a sign he's finally on the way out? Either way would suit me just fine but unfortunately I feel there's little doubt Hardwick will see today's effort as a reason to start him again and all will be undone.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1087 on: May 05, 2014, 08:26:23 AM »
Better than grigg newman

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1088 on: May 05, 2014, 09:27:51 AM »
Better than grigg newman

Edwards is rubbish mate

my left testicle is better than those 2.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1089 on: May 05, 2014, 09:28:51 AM »
Had a big impact when he came on.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1090 on: May 05, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »
Not disputing that thought he was influential with his tackling and goals in that quarter.

Another above average game adding to his tally of 25 out of 135 odd games.

Get rid of him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #1091 on: May 05, 2014, 11:11:20 AM »
Well what do ya know - played well as a sub....rule is made for him.... been wanting this since they brought it in - still had to have his little brain explosion with the playing on in the square but luckliy got a second chance second later and made amends. Could this finally see him become the impact player he's been threatening to be but never delivered upon his entire career ...or could it be a sign he's finally on the way out? Either way would suit me just fine but unfortunately I feel there's little doubt Hardwick will see today's effort as a reason to start him again and all will be undone.

Yep leave him as sub, did have an immediate impact

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1092 on: May 05, 2014, 11:15:21 AM »
Matt White was an ordinary footballer before we made him a sub. Amazing what confidence does to a players output
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1093 on: May 05, 2014, 11:20:32 AM »
White was below ordinary for a long time

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1094 on: May 05, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »
Nup. White always put his head over the onion, had a nice kick and unreal pace. Average/solid player at Richmond. Clearly our chip chip, stuff around with it gameplan isn't suited to Greg's style of play. Port play a lovely style of footy that suits Whitey. Obviously he's going alright and Dan Richardson made a cock up. Hope Greg and Dan bump into each other at some stage this year.