Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306713 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1110 on: May 07, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
People just expect to replace our players from thin air  ::)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1111 on: May 07, 2014, 03:41:13 PM »
trade for a slower, more inconsistent player.

wait, what?

Maybe we could trade him for Andy Collins

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1112 on: May 07, 2014, 03:58:36 PM »
Nup. White always put his head over the onion, had a nice kick and unreal pace. Average/solid player at Richmond. Clearly our chip chip, stuff around with it gameplan isn't suited to Greg's style of play. Port play a lovely style of footy that suits Whitey. Obviously he's going alright and Dan Richardson made a cock up. Hope Greg and Dan bump into each other at some stage this year.

Sounds like it was the right thing for the player so I'm sure Dan would be happy for him.

I doubt that very much ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1113 on: May 07, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
Keep Edwards if possible but at a moderate rate. If he's offered better coin elsewhere don't stand in his way.

keep him for what reason. Sorry magic he is hopeless and a list clogger along with at least 8 from our current list.

He's not hopeless at all. He changed the game against the Cats, a hopeless player doesn't do that.

Let me see mate, thats right we lost so what did he change. Played well-yep but you should expect that from a sub.

He changed other games too due to his lack of ability wouldnt you agree? Cant have it both ways.

did we play the better football with or without him against geelong?

as for what did he change? really? yeah we still lost, but perhaps if the blokes on the field hadnt gone gone a quarter and half without kicking a goal his influence may very well have been the difference between winning and losong rather the the difference between a big loss and a small loss.

How in gods name could you lay that at his feet when he wasnt even on the ground????????
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1114 on: May 07, 2014, 06:38:54 PM »
Nup. White always put his head over the onion, had a nice kick and unreal pace. Average/solid player at Richmond. Clearly our chip chip, stuff around with it gameplan isn't suited to Greg's style of play. Port play a lovely style of footy that suits Whitey. Obviously he's going alright and Dan Richardson made a cock up. Hope Greg and Dan bump into each other at some stage this year.

Sounds like it was the right thing for the player so I'm sure Dan would be happy for him.

Why?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1115 on: May 07, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »

Why?

why would he be happy with letting go a guy who was the fastest in our club but allowing other spuds to list clog.

Nothing to be proud of there watching the slowest RFC team in years.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1116 on: May 07, 2014, 07:48:19 PM »

Why?

Matt's departure wasn't all smiles and handshakes. Dan would not be pleased at his current form. Whitey is shoving it right up his arse and good on him

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1117 on: May 07, 2014, 07:52:06 PM »
You think Dan is that small minded?
Interesting.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #1118 on: May 07, 2014, 07:53:08 PM »
what I want to know is what ekto thinks about all of this

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1119 on: May 07, 2014, 07:57:01 PM »
Clubs weren't exactly queuing to contract a 105gamer over 8 years to a 1mn 3 year deal ...RFC did what most clubs would do, PA have been damned lucky. Players under these circumstances never generally turn out for the best, read Chris knights , justin blumfield , mark Williams, Clinton young, Quentin lynch, Wayne Carey , lions  have had a few lately

He d also torn a hammy every year for last few years....good luck to whitey, right place right time
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1120 on: May 07, 2014, 07:59:23 PM »
You think Dan is that small minded?
Interesting.

I think Dan made a horrible choice by treating Matt like a piece of garbage. Can't see how he'd now be on his side.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1121 on: May 07, 2014, 08:14:49 PM »
Agree with bojan. If White was so valuable he'd have done a lot more at Richmond over the umpteen years he was there.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1122 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:41 PM »
Clubs weren't exactly queuing to contract a 105gamer over 8 years to a 1mn 3 year deal ...RFC did what most clubs would do, PA have been damned lucky. Players under these circumstances never generally turn out for the best, read Chris knights , justin blumfield , mark Williams, Clinton young, Quentin lynch, Wayne Carey , lions  have had a few lately

He d also torn a hammy every year for last few years....good luck to whitey, right place right time

That's your mail is it? that PA was the only club interested?

To borrow a phrase from someone else: Give me a spell

I think Dan made a horrible choice by treating Matt like a piece of garbage. Can't see how he'd now be on his side.

Don't forget Blair, part of his job is "value" those on our list and make recommendations regarding contracts & re-signings. Looking at the RFC web-site the other day it seems Blair has been promoted  :o He is now  "General Manager of Player Personnel & List Management"  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1123 on: May 07, 2014, 09:21:58 PM »
I hope you don't mind me saying this WP...Blair is terrific, just terrific.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1124 on: May 07, 2014, 09:23:16 PM »
I hope you don't mind me saying this WP...Blair is terrific, just terrific.

Nah, Terrific, just terrific Tm, you've mentioned it  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)