Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306681 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards re-signs with Tigers for two more years (afl site)
« Reply #1170 on: May 21, 2014, 06:30:51 PM »
2 years on moderate dollars was about right.
Well done Tigers, eat em alive Titch.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1171 on: May 21, 2014, 06:58:43 PM »
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-21/another-free-agent-down

Absolute stuffing joke.....getting extremely hard to take this club seriously anymore...

Where is coach and his furious pic when u need him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1172 on: May 21, 2014, 06:59:05 PM »
Here's the full article:

Edwards re-signs with Tigers, avoids free agency
Nick Bowen 
afl.com.au
May 21, 2014 4:25 PM

SHANE Edwards has recommitted to Richmond to the end of 2016 as this year's free agency pool continues to dry up.

Edwards, 25, was set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of 2014, but AFL.com.au understands the forward has agreed to terms with Richmond for another two seasons.

Richmond will be relieved to have secured the quick South Australian's signature, having lost fellow speedster Matt White to free agency last year, when they could not compete with a lucrative offer from Port Adelaide.

White has not missed a game for the Power this year and is averaging more than 16 possessions and 1.6 goals a game.

Edwards was taken by the Tigers with pick No. 26 in the 2006 NAB AFL Draft and has played 137 games, including all eight of Richmond's matches this season.

Edwards' best finish in Richmond's best and fairest award came in 2010 when he finished sixth, while he has one other top-10 finish (eighth in 2012).

A host of other prospective 2014 free agents have recently re-signed with their clubs, including Carlton's Michael Jamison and Kade Simpson, Collingwood's Ben Reid and North Melbourne's Lachlan Hansen and Leigh Adams.

Two of this year's big-name free agents, Bryce Gibbs and Todd Goldstein, are also understood to be close to re-signing with Carlton and North respectively.

Richmond now has just two remaining 2014 free agents on its list: former skipper Chris Newman, 32, and forward Jake King, 30.

Neither is likely to leave the Tigers, but both could retire at the end of the season.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1173 on: May 21, 2014, 07:03:35 PM »
Well deserved. Unlucky not to get 3.  :clapping

Unlucky not to get a deal like Buddy and tie him to the club till our next finals series in 2025.
Well done Tigers. :banghead

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1174 on: May 21, 2014, 07:06:26 PM »
Its our way of getting something, no matter how small, at the trade table.

You really think the club's that smart?
Only Choco.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Shane Edwards re-signs with Tigers for two more years [update]
« Reply #1175 on: May 21, 2014, 07:15:33 PM »

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1176 on: May 21, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »
It's now a catch cry coach, like the "it wasn't me" episode of the simpsons.  :lol
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1177 on: May 21, 2014, 07:31:58 PM »
OMG sign up the spud for another 2 years.  l think l need to go overseas for several years  :banghead  :banghead

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1178 on: May 21, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »
 :lol meltdown central :lol

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1179 on: May 21, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »
Waste  of time and space!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1180 on: May 21, 2014, 07:55:32 PM »
Here's the full article:

Edwards re-signs with Tigers, avoids free agency
Nick Bowen 
afl.com.au
May 21, 2014 4:25 PM

SHANE Edwards has recommitted to Richmond to the end of 2016 as this year's free agency pool continues to dry up.

Edwards, 25, was set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of 2014, but AFL.com.au understands the forward has agreed to terms with Richmond for another two seasons.

Richmond will be relieved to have secured the quick South Australian's signature, having lost fellow speedster Matt White to free agency last year, when they could not compete with a lucrative offer from Port Adelaide.

White has not missed a game for the Power this year and is averaging more than 16 possessions and 1.6 goals a game.

Edwards was taken by the Tigers with pick No. 26 in the 2006 NAB AFL Draft and has played 137 games, including all eight of Richmond's matches this season.

Edwards' best finish in Richmond's best and fairest award came in 2010 when he finished sixth, while he has one other top-10 finish (eighth in 2012).

A host of other prospective 2014 free agents have recently re-signed with their clubs, including Carlton's Michael Jamison and Kade Simpson, Collingwood's Ben Reid and North Melbourne's Lachlan Hansen and Leigh Adams.

Two of this year's big-name free agents, Bryce Gibbs and Todd Goldstein, are also understood to be close to re-signing with Carlton and North respectively.

Richmond now has just two remaining 2014 free agents on its list: former skipper Chris Newman, 32, and forward Jake King, 30.

Neither is likely to leave the Tigers, but both could retire at the end of the season.

I am dumbfounded to say the least, if this is an indication of the way forward then I can't see success for this club for many many years.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1181 on: May 21, 2014, 07:57:10 PM »
 ::)
Something is wrong with the drinking water at punt road

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1182 on: May 21, 2014, 07:58:26 PM »
::)
Something is wrong with the drinking water at punt road

Sheedy got to the plumbing just before he left.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Rampstar

« Reply #1183 on: May 21, 2014, 08:00:10 PM »
this ladies and gentlemen is how the list management team at Richmond use your membership funds.  :lol

as I have said in previous post they can all go and get stuffed

tony_montana

« Reply #1184 on: May 21, 2014, 08:04:15 PM »