Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306108 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2012, 08:39:39 PM »
I prefer Edwards to Riewoldt.

Give him a run as a small forward.

No comment

No is negative.

No means no stud muffin

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #256 on: January 08, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »
I was at this man's christening and it was more entertaining than this thread :sleep
Well I was at his conception and that was pretty boring too. Gets his kicking ability from him Mum's side of the family.  ;D

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2012, 06:36:29 AM »
Let it go WAT, we've worked out what you think - not that cryptic mate  :sleep
Let's wait until the season starts ffs

Ok, really sorry Y&b.....NOT. If the how good Edwards pre season has been :sleep crap keeps coming up then I will comment.....like it or not....

Actually ok then, I will wait for the season to start I will not post anything more negative about him...........there you go.
:thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #258 on: January 08, 2012, 10:50:25 PM »
stuff me the way some of you carry on about him he should win the Brownlow..... :chuck

Stuff me the way you carry on about him he's the worst player ever...

Be one of the worst in our team, wouldn't be in the starting 22 in a top 8 team or probably any other team for that matter.....

I know you cant see any good in shane at all

Al, I know it appears that way mate but it's not really the case. I think its a case of he has a lot to offer but........now I can't be negative... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »
'Tich' switch

By Paul Daffey
7:00 AM Fri 27 Jan, 2012

Richmond midfielder Shane Edwards has gained 7.5kg since last season

RICHMOND midfielder Shane Edwards has been known as 'Tich' for good reason. When he came over from North Adelaide he was so skinny he could fit down a drainpipe on the Punt Rd grandstand.

But now, after another summer of hard yakka in the gym and on the tooth, he's ready for a new nickname. Edwards has put on 7.5kg since last season, bringing his weight to 81.5kg.

Maybe he should be renamed 'Arnie' or 'Muscles', or just plain 'Eddo'.

"It's been easier to put on weight because I'm a bit older and my body's more mature," he said.

Edwards was drafted at No. 26 in the 2006 NAB AFL Draft. He was just 66kg when the Tigers took him on.

Every pre-season since then, he's worked on putting on weight, but not too fast. The Tigers' fitness staff warned him that an explosion in kilograms would slow him down and put pressure on his groins.

Just last year, he was able to add only 3kg over summer. This year, by which time he was 23, his body was ready to take on extra bulk.

"This year I won't be behind the eight-ball like every other year," he said. "It will just help my footy in general."

When asked whether there was any secret behind his weight gain, Edwards said his gym program had been similar to that of previous years and once again he had watched his diet.

But when pressed he added that the excellent cooking of his housemate Dan Connors, the Tigers half-back, might have helped.  Connors, it seems, is a dab hand in the kitchen.

"He's a really good cook," Edwards said. "He's really smart with his nutrition."

One of the reasons put forward for Michael Tuck's longevity was that he was skinny and therefore had less weight to lug around. The former Hawk champ played 426 games, the AFL record, over a 20-season career.

If Edwards' past two seasons are an indication, he, too, is a slight footballer blessed with durability. He played every game in 2010.

In 2011 he played 20 games, missing two with a cheekbone injury after a centre-square collision in the opening five seconds of the match against the Western Bulldogs in round eight.

Edwards said the 2010 season has been his best because he was consistent. He was less happy with his form in 2011 - but there are a few weighty reasons why he might improve this season.
for richmondfc.com.au

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/128222/default.aspx

Good to see Edwards doing all he can to improve his game. The facial injury he sustained against the Dogs last year when he was put in the middle has obviously sent a sign that he needed more muscle on his frame.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2012, 12:21:36 PM »
Hes still an apple turnover.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2012, 12:23:18 PM »
one word, whoa, Now he's ready to join an already impressive midfield pack and really menace the oppisition, cant wait for that :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2012, 08:32:41 PM »
lol just poor jounalism.
by my reckoning if edwards put on 7.5 kg he would now be pushing 86kg now that is funny. 7.5 kg sheesh where are the drug testers.
weighed 79 or 80kg in 2010 depending on where you get your stats from. so thats a whopping 2kg in 2 yrs.

not only that he weighed 71kg not 66kg when we took him.
while his size is an issue its his skills that are in question. why the club goes out of its way to defend players like him and put silly spin on things  is beyond me.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »
What's Edwards paying for the Brownlow?

I just got a feeling about him...
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »

Oh Dear  :nope

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2012, 10:39:42 PM »
 :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle

I am sitting in the corner rocking back and forward sucking my thumb.......... :gotigers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2012, 11:05:03 PM »

have not been back here for a while with a comment, but is my # 1 place to visit. I am going to back you here Wayne maybe not Brownlow but he has alot of potential,  he has a bit of the x factor. 2012 will be his year.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #267 on: January 28, 2012, 01:35:54 AM »

I'm still paying 600-1, just send me your fifty now, and I will put in a trust fund. ;D

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #268 on: January 28, 2012, 09:17:48 AM »

Oh Dear  :nope

:lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #269 on: January 28, 2012, 09:18:55 AM »

I'm still paying 600-1, just send me your fifty now, and I will put in a trust fund. ;D

;D