Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306144 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #375 on: June 11, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
Having a beakout year, spells d a n g e r when he swoops on a loose ball in the forward line...too often he' s the only one looking likely :huh

Having a good last month BJ is not a breakout year.

Yes his performances since Dreamtime have been heartening but needs to raise his game higher and that's not being critical.

We'll revisit the term "breakout year" and who it applies to on our list after the Carlton game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #376 on: June 12, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
Titch has kicked 10 goals in his last 4 games playing the mid-size forward role ....

Shane shines
By Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
Tue 12 Jun, 2012

Shane Edwards has reinvented himself as a dangerous, medium-sized forward in his sixth season of AFL football.

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/138385/default.aspx

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
Been very good of late. He has obviously picked up his defensive forward pressure too or Dimma wouldn't have him playing forward. With Jack and Vickery down on form we need as many avenues to goal as possible

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #378 on: June 15, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »
His critics are quiet.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #379 on: June 15, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »
I'll admit that I wanted him delisted at the end of last season.

How wrong was I.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #380 on: June 15, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »
Could be up to 12 Brownlow votes after this weekend   :shh

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: June 15, 2012, 01:01:11 PM »
I'll put my hand up and say that he has shanked fewer kicks and created fewer critical turnovers than normal in the past few weeks.  I just hope that he hasn't been saving them up for tomorrow.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #382 on: June 15, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »
Could be up to 12 Brownlow votes after this weekend   :shh

Way ahead of you

What's Edwards paying for the Brownlow?

I just got a feeling about him...
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #383 on: June 15, 2012, 07:40:51 PM »
I'll put my hand up and say that he has shanked fewer kicks and created fewer critical turnovers than normal in the past few weeks.  I just hope that he hasn't been saving them up for tomorrow.

Total under-representation. Compare his stats last 4 weeks against any other small forward in the comp, he is out ranking them all.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: June 15, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »

Total under-representation. Compare his stats last 4 weeks against any other small forward in the comp, he is out ranking them all.

Is your avatar a photo of spud frawley after a facelift, it sure looks liKe the pecker head
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #385 on: June 15, 2012, 08:47:14 PM »
Is your avatar a photo of spud frawley after a facelift, it sure looks liKe the pecker head

It's an avatar of what I think 'Username' looks like.

the claw

« Reply #386 on: June 15, 2012, 08:49:38 PM »
Edwards had a very good game against Sydney.
Continues to torment the haters. Love it. 8)
you are easily pleased if thats a very good game. thats about the minimum you want from him but we all know its about his best.

says more about where we are at when we cant replace him for lack of mids on the list.

Bump.
you think a decent 4 week period in 6 yrs has me wetting myself with joy.
have acknowledged hes had a good 4 weeks but still dont rate him.
will continue to acknowledge his good games but my experience has taught me leopards dont change their spots. i hope he proves me wrong but i wont hold my breath hoping.

And we won't hold our breath hearing your judgement on our players  :wallywink
good for you keep on backing them in.
i dont see why others get antsy when a player like edwards is not rated. for a small hes taken an inordinate amount of time and 4 games yes at least i do acknowledge when he goes alright does not forgive his previous 5  or 6 yrs.

please forgive me if i reserve judgement as i can honestly say ive seen it all before with this bloke.

in many way i think im the normal one.  in what other walk of life are people so tolerant. even after having their heads kicked in repeatedly on numerous occasions by player like edwards who give a little block of good games only to revert back to his level yet as soon as a godd game or two happens out come the supporters proclaiming him all over again.
mate im not the silly one.to win me over he will have to break the chain and actually become a good consistent player.

he is atm the best small forward we have but the real question is will he sustain it for ant decent period of time. to date thats not happened.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #387 on: June 15, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
Synopsis please. K thnx

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #388 on: June 15, 2012, 11:24:29 PM »

:lol

TigerTimeII

« Reply #389 on: June 15, 2012, 11:30:11 PM »

na he is better looking than me lol