Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306143 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #390 on: June 15, 2012, 11:35:49 PM »
please forgive me if i reserve judgement as i can honestly say ive seen it all before with this bloke.

in many way i think im the normal one.

Take the blinkers off. He was a shining light in 2010.

A blip last year due to an interrupted pre season but has been on an upward trend now for a while.

I guess you will always see what you want to see but he's a valuable player in our lineup and Hardwick & his team mates know it even if you don't yet.

tony_montana

« Reply #391 on: June 16, 2012, 12:23:37 AM »
please forgive me if i reserve judgement as i can honestly say ive seen it all before with this bloke.

A blip last year due to an interrupted pre season but has been on an upward trend now for a while.

I guess you will always see what you want to see but he's a valuable player in our lineup and Hardwick & his team mates know it even if you don't yet.

So how's Tucky going in your view magic?  :whistle

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: June 16, 2012, 01:28:08 AM »

Same old Tucky with same old strengths and flaws.
Better support cast these days.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #393 on: June 16, 2012, 01:45:24 AM »

No matter how well Edwards is going, Tuck is still 5 times the player.

;D

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: June 16, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »

No matter how well Edwards is going, Tuck is still 5 times the player.

;D

No arguments there!
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #395 on: June 16, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »
Edwards had a very good game against Sydney.
Continues to torment the haters. Love it. 8)
you are easily pleased if thats a very good game. thats about the minimum you want from him but we all know its about his best.

says more about where we are at when we cant replace him for lack of mids on the list.

Bump.
you think a decent 4 week period in 6 yrs has me wetting myself with joy.
have acknowledged hes had a good 4 weeks but still dont rate him.
will continue to acknowledge his good games but my experience has taught me leopards dont change their spots. i hope he proves me wrong but i wont hold my breath hoping.

And we won't hold our breath hearing your judgement on our players  :wallywink
good for you keep on backing them in.
i dont see why others get antsy when a player like edwards is not rated. for a small hes taken an inordinate amount of time and 4 games yes at least i do acknowledge when he goes alright does not forgive his previous 5  or 6 yrs.

in many way i think im the normal one.  in what other walk of life are people so tolerant. even after having their heads kicked in repeatedly on numerous occasions by player like edwards who give a little block of good games only to revert back to his level yet as soon as a godd game or two happens out come the supporters proclaiming him all over again.
mate im not the silly one.to win me over he will have to break the chain and actually become a good consistent player.

he is atm the best small forward we have but the real question is will he sustain it for ant decent period of time. to date thats not happened.

We all want a team of Judds and Abletts, but the reality is its impossible..  If you take off your self righteous glasses off and see that players not of the calibre AFL legend do actually play the game and win premierships.. 

As you may not be aware there is a salary cap in place in the AFL and so therefore that means the club has to balance paying eleite players with players that arent and still have the ability to field a team that can win...  Yes it means that not all players will be elite no team can afford to pay them..  Yes when you dont have many elite players it means some players will be payed more than they're worth.  And yes it does mean players like Shane Edwards will get games..  As long as he's improving, as i think he is, and contributing to the team and a team player he has his place in the team..

Shane is a solid contributor, follows team rules and does the job he is asked,,  hence he is in the team..  Better to have a team player that lacks in a couple of areas then to have a champ that only looks after himself..

:thumbsup

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #396 on: June 16, 2012, 09:27:59 AM »
Gone past gibbs yet?  8)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #397 on: June 16, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
Ok.........yes he has played 4 good games, yes perhaps they have found his true position in the team because he can't really turn the ball over where he is. But in one on ones he is still hopeless. Watch the contest against his opposition player in the forward pocket from last week.....rag doll....

But credit were it is due, he is playing well at the moment in the position he is in!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:28:10 AM by PNGQ Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #398 on: June 16, 2012, 11:10:06 AM »
Ok.........yes he has played 4 good games, yes perhaps they have found his true position in the team because he can't really turn the ball over where he is. But in one on ones he is still unless. Watch the contest against his opposition player in the forward pocket from last week.....rag doll....

But credit were it is due, he is playing well at the moment in the position he is in!

Anymore rag dolled than Nahas gets?

he's a small player and most small players get rag dolled..  Remember Gary Wilson, Robbie Flower and even our own KB. When they were grabbed they were rag dolled.. Shane has evasion skills and much better evasion skills than our other small forwards i might add..  Finding an instance of something on the replay can be done with any player. 

Some really pick the poo of players..  Yes i'm a glass half full..  Although i have called some players to be culled over the years

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: June 16, 2012, 07:34:25 PM »
Yet another excellent game. Our form small forward.

dwaino

« Reply #400 on: June 16, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
What's the go with his knee(???)?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #401 on: June 16, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
Did he come back on after that injury?

Hope he doesn't cop anything for the umpire thing.

Tony Shaw mentioned it like 4 times. Idiot.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2012, 07:41:12 PM »
He never came back on from what I saw. Re: the ump thing, the Fox team reckon he'll just get a phone call during the week  :pray

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »
He never came back on from what I saw. Re: the ump thing, the Fox team reckon he'll just get a phone call during the week  :pray

You mean Shaw reckons. lol
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2012, 08:03:06 PM »
Dunno lol. Game was giving me the poos so I chucked on the new Garbage album and only heard snippets of commentary  :laugh: