Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306157 times)

tony_montana

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #420 on: August 11, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
Im not a fan tbh. Since he went fwd, hes probably close to career best form, but this is his second good patch in 6 yrs? Problem is this rich vein of form for him has him in our bottom 6 in our 22 tbh, I dont think he's anywhere near our top 15. He's the type of player that could quite easily be upgraded with a pick at the near the end of the draft. Got to ask, do we lose anything as a team if he doesnt play? I honestly think no

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #421 on: August 11, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »
Im not a fan tbh. Since he went fwd, hes probably close to career best form, but this is his second good patch in 6 yrs? Problem is this rich vein of form for him has him in our bottom 6 in our 22 tbh, I dont think he's anywhere near our top 15. He's the type of player that could quite easily be upgraded with a pick at the near the end of the draft. Got to ask, do we lose anything as a team if he doesnt play? I honestly think no

Would have to agree, in particular your last comment..."do we lose anything as a team if he doesnt play? I honestly think no"
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #422 on: August 11, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »
So folks....what do we think of:

Shanes year to date?
Should/could he be traded (regardless of his re-signing)
Will he be a big part of the team next year if he stays?

Any other comments??

I think he really hit a purple patch for about 4 weeks this year and has since died off again, that is his major problem IMO, he just can't string it together. I did notice when I watched him against the Lions that he is quick with his hands ( ;D) and does have some talent. But his slight frame is his hinderance, he was very easily bumped off the ball or simply out muscled by Lions players.

I have alway said I wouold love to see him make it but at this point in time, after many years I think we need to bite the bullet if a trade is offered.

Sorry MM, but we can't keep him for another year IMO.

I also think that Hardwick loves him too much so he will stay!! :-\..........could see the one nail in the Hardwick coffin next year if he hangs on to players like this..I am not calling for Hardwicks head BTW!!!!!

downhill skier

will beat his man comfortably tomorrow but hey its Buldogs and he along with the other spuds will be jumping up and down like superstars

6 good games at the end of the 2010
7 good games in season 2012, including tomorrow and Port

90 spud infected games.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #423 on: August 11, 2012, 04:41:09 PM »
Trade bait.
He would be perfect for a team topping up for a flag.

On a HFF or forward pocket getting his two goals a game and 15 touches in a really good side where his mistakes or momentum kills don't stick out as much he'll be perfect.

This will only confirm also that some on here would lament how good he is and why we should have perservered beyond the 6 seasons we have.

HFF forward line is his best position. Not a midfielder not anything else.

Trade him now while he has value.

Gold Coast could use him and we could us Caddy. Let the clubs then mull over what picks change hands.

gerkin greg

« Reply #424 on: August 11, 2012, 05:04:19 PM »
Good player. Super durable. Will finish top ten in the b&f again. I'd be looking to upgrade his contract.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #425 on: August 11, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »
Good player. Super durable. Will finish top ten in the b&f again. I'd be looking to upgrade his contract.
:ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #426 on: August 11, 2012, 05:42:41 PM »

???? What's the problem Tucker :huh Gerks is 100% on the money :cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #427 on: August 11, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »

IMHO TFS I don't think so but everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is fine. :thumbsup

I just feel that I have seen enough of Titch and he hasn't come on the way I would have liked him too. He had that patch mid season where he looked good but for me he isn't consistent enough goes missing in games for periods and does not impact the game the way he should the way a B Grader in a side should which IMHO is they way that some on here are spruiking him but again that is opinion from both parties.

I feel there is not much more upside to Titch and possibly having played some better footy earlier in the year maybe now after 6 seasons on the list may be the time to get him on the trade table and try and upgrade on Titch. Whether he is in the side or not he makes no overall difference to the end result of our side against the middle and lower ranked sides and if we can make an upgrade on that whether its a like for like player or a trade for a mid or a ruckman or a KPP or even a draft pick.

Just my take on things boys. :thumbsup

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #428 on: August 11, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »

IMHO TFS I don't think so but everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is fine. :thumbsup

I just feel that I have seen enough of Titch and he hasn't come on the way I would have liked him too. He had that patch mid season where he looked good but for me he isn't consistent enough goes missing in games for periods and does not impact the game the way he should the way a B Grader in a side should which IMHO is they way that some on here are spruiking him but again that is opinion from both parties.

I feel there is not much more upside to Titch and possibly having played some better footy earlier in the year maybe now after 6 seasons on the list may be the time to get him on the trade table and try and upgrade on Titch. Whether he is in the side or not he makes no overall difference to the end result of our side against the middle and lower ranked sides and if we can make an upgrade on that whether its a like for like player or a trade for a mid or a ruckman or a KPP or even a draft pick.

Just my take on things boys. :thumbsup

Well your wrong. But that's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it  ;)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: August 11, 2012, 09:16:25 PM »

Good post. Edwards critics will end up looking dumber than than already do.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: August 11, 2012, 09:18:03 PM »

Good post. Edwards critics will end up looking dumber than than already do.

yeah 6 years later and 180 spud filled games later. hahahaha  keep telling yourself that pal.

I bet you were one that kept saying Tambling would come good too

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #431 on: August 11, 2012, 09:48:37 PM »
Plays every game, rarely misses a target, such a creative type, lucky to have him on the list. Well done FJ  :clapping

TigerTimeII

« Reply #432 on: August 11, 2012, 10:02:55 PM »
why is edwards still copping poo, has improved every yr and is a fine player, very underrated, better than nahas and king combined

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #433 on: August 11, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »
6 yrs on the list.

Definentely not an A Grader or a B Grader.

So what do people think he is.

I think he is a C grader.

You can improve slightly each year but he is still a C Grader.

gerkin greg

« Reply #434 on: August 11, 2012, 10:29:44 PM »
Definitely a B Grader is Sheddy. So many can see it.