Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306179 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #450 on: August 11, 2012, 11:33:45 PM »
he should be well and truly established for his type.

He is well and truly established.

I just can't see this kid being anything more for us or anybody for that matter if he got traded.

Time will tell but I think he is a premiership footballer.

You rackin up a few clouts tonight champ?

I'm actually sober. Reckon plenty of others are knocking the sherbets back though.
Edwards is clearly an entrenched player for us.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #451 on: August 11, 2012, 11:34:31 PM »
I just can't see this kid being anything more for us or anybody for that matter if he got traded.

MM if he is a premiership footballer for us I'll be stoked but I don't think the kid is anything more than a C grader. But as you said time will tell and unlike others I'm happy to be proven wrong. My aim to see us do well and make finals and win flags. Right now I don't think he is more than what I have mentioned.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #452 on: August 11, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »
he should be well and truly established for his type.

He is well and truly established.

You rackin up a few clouts tonight champ?

I'm actually sober. Reckon plenty of others are knocking the sherbets back though.
Edwards is clearly an entrenched player for us.

Entrenched as we are at a stage of list development that ensures he is a regular.If we can do better and get an upgrade we should take it.  Anyway clean and sober here in the Tucker household also. Obviously we all have no social life it seems talking about Titch close to midnight on a Saturday night. ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: August 11, 2012, 11:39:22 PM »

MM if he is a premiership footballer for us I'll be stoked but I don't think the kid is anything more than a C grader. But as you said time will tell and unlike others I'm happy to be proven wrong. My aim to see us do well and make finals and win flags. Right now I don't think he is more than what I have mentioned.

I respect your opinion Shane Tuckerbag. Disagree on this one though. Honestly think Edwards has found his spot. Give him some more crumbs to work with.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #454 on: August 11, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »

I respect your opinion Shane Tuckerbag. Disagree on this one though. Honestly think Edwards has found his spot. Give him some more crumbs to work with.

Thanks for that MM. :thumbsup

As I've said time will tell. We'll see how the kid goes and whether he can step up. :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #455 on: August 11, 2012, 11:43:59 PM »
There's quite a bit of b/s in this thread

*site

the claw

« Reply #456 on: August 11, 2012, 11:49:34 PM »

reckon most of us are prepared to feed him some more crumbs.  is to date a c grader at best.  and yes hes established an established sometimes below standard afl player and a sometimes c grade afl player. at 24 100 games i reckon people  are entiitled to question his consistency and upside.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #457 on: August 12, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
magnificent footballer and worth a top 10 pick in the 2012 national draft. If Maurice was alive he would hail Edwards as one of the best of all time. Simply a great. Infact Benny Gale should stick a picture up of this bloke in the ME Bank Centre.  ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2012, 12:17:55 AM »
magnificent footballer and worth a top 10 pick in the 2012 national draft. If Maurice was alive he would hail Edwards as one of the best of all time. Simply a great. Infact Benny Gale should stick a picture up of this bloke in the ME Bank Centre.  ;D

Now now.. let's not get carried away. ;D
What we want are premiership footballers. Clearly not all of those have to be champions.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: August 12, 2012, 07:56:52 AM »

Today he will once again prove his doubters wrong against the sturdy defense of Pearce, Hargrave and Talia
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #460 on: August 12, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »

Today he will once again prove his doubters wrong against the sturdy defense of Pearce, Hargrave and Talia

:lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2012, 09:34:58 AM »
Not taking sides here as I still can't make my mind up on Shed - his clangers can be the worst of game-changing howlers but his best can be just the opposite - but I thought I would chuck a summary of his stats up in response to Tucker's question re: how many 20+ possession games.

He played 16 games in 2007 averaging 10.3 disposals per game, no 20+ games, 9 games >10, 35 tackles @ 2.2.
He played 16 games in 2008 averaging 11.6 disposals per game, no 20+ games, 4 games >10, 30 tackles @ 1.9.
He played 15 games in 2009 averaging 12.6 disposals per game, no 20+ games, 3 games >10, 30 tackles @ 2.0.
He played 22 games in 2010 averaging 18.8 disposals per game, 8 20+ games, no games >10, 76 tackles @ 3.4.
He played 20 games in 2011 averaging 15.6 disposals per game, 5 20+ games, 1 game >10, 58 tackles @ 2.9.
He has played 16 games so far in 2012 averaging 17.4 disposals per game, 5 20+ games, 1 game >10, 41 tackles @ 2.6.

Interestingly, his stats show a marked increase since Hardwick and co took over so in fairness that should be considered when assessing his performance/worth.  Also, I have a recollection that he played under an injury cloud for some of 2011 so there are possible reasons for the slight decline from his breakout 2010 season.

I know that stats don't paint the whole picture but they do show trends and highlight points that might otherwise get hidden in the emotion of player assessment.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: August 12, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »
I think his shanks are getting less and less too as his stats improve although when he does one it is a ripper

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #463 on: August 12, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
Inb4 'Edwards is a gun because he kicked 4.4 against the best side in history'

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #464 on: August 12, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »
Lads, how good was Edwards today?

Effing gun because he kicked 4.4 against arguably one of the best sides....wait, what?