Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306235 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2012, 10:47:31 PM »
Andrew Jarman was right

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2012, 05:11:22 AM »
king had 20 possies. for a small forward that's hardly invisible.
let himself down again with the missed goals, but again, wasn't Robinson Caruso
he was shocking in the first half  and was invisible. as i said to his credit he at least turned it around in the second  half and played significant time in the midfield.  most weeks he doesnt he remains invisible apart from the brain fades. this week he got free because we could play in the midfield but against most sides hes shown himself to be a liability when played in there.
hes a vfl player who had for him a great second half.

king along with nahas and white we must change what we are doing if we wish to be a decent finals side.

for me atm edwards is  atm the only small forward we need play and with his record i have reservations about him.  id like to see long term a really clever medium sized player who can mark and we continue to rotate one of martin cotchin deledio or caddy if we go after him thru there along with edwards.. we need to play two kpfs and a ruck forward like vickery to complete the forward line. on top of that we need depth for when injury hits.

yep we have plenty of invisible men each week but they usually bob up and do something to make themselves noticed and people forgive them.

couldve told you this would happen in Rd 1 Claw.

usual suspects bop up against rubbish string a few games and some start getting excited again and forget about the big picture.

Edwards has no upside. he has either good like today and for about 30% of season games or very poor like the other 70%

When are we going to get serious and cut spuds like White and Jackson

I, like you cant see how we can genuinely challenge with all of White, Nahas, King, Edwards and Jackson all in the same team

:thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2012, 06:51:54 AM »
Totally agree with Camboon. Edwards very quick with his hands in contested situations. If Edwards had kicked straight could easily have kicked 6 or 7 goals. Edwards must play in forwardline. King was very good particularly in 3rd quarter when the game was up for grabs. Agree Nahas had a bad game.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2012, 07:49:10 AM »
believe it if you like but i always give credit when i think its due.
ive seen this before with edwards a period of decent performances for 8 10 games  only for him to slip backwards to a below standard level and stay down for a long time.. as long as in the main ( i say in the main because all players have short down periods) he can as a sml forward maintain close to the current level  im happy to see him get a game as a small forward.. consistency is the key and edwards has been nothing like consistent its now up to him for a long period sustain a decent standard.

As I have said before his 2011 season was largely interrupted due to major shoulder surgery over the pre season.
He's returned to the form he was showing in 2010.
The challenge is no doubt there to keep improving though, as it is for all players on our list. Think he can.

Edwards has no upside.

Would think this year he's shown plenty of 'upside' but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about your opinions. :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »
believe it if you like but i always give credit when i think its due.
ive seen this before with edwards a period of decent performances for 8 10 games  only for him to slip backwards to a below standard level and stay down for a long time.. as long as in the main ( i say in the main because all players have short down periods) he can as a sml forward maintain close to the current level  im happy to see him get a game as a small forward.. consistency is the key and edwards has been nothing like consistent its now up to him for a long period sustain a decent standard.

As I have said before his 2011 season was largely interrupted due to major shoulder surgery over the pre season.
He's returned to the form he was showing in 2010.
The challenge is no doubt there to keep improving though, as it is for all players on our list. Think he can.

Edwards has no upside.

Would think this year he's shown plenty of 'upside' but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about your opinions. :thumbsup

I have never in my life seen anyone stick up for a player like you do for Edwarts. You must be married to him, related to him or you are a stalker... ;D

Amazing....he is not not as good as you think, he has had 6 years in the system and should be a bloody star they way you talk about him, but he isn't..let it go MM.... :lol

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2012, 10:20:35 AM »
I have never in my life seen anyone stick up for a player like you do for Edwarts. You must be married to him, related to him or you are a stalker... ;D

Yawn. He's making the likes of you look very silly I must say but when he's played 250 games and has been part of a premieship side, no doubt you'll still be hoping he's a failure, just so you can say I told you so.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »
Missing goals from 2m out.  Game record holder.  The highlights reel for this player must be huge.

Takes some serious skill to be able to miss from there consistently.  Only a few players on our list who were capable of that in the late 80s early 90s.  Doesn't Edwards bring back some memories.....

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #487 on: August 13, 2012, 11:35:23 AM »

Yawn. He's making the likes of you look very silly I must say but when he's played 250 games and has been part of a premieship side, no doubt you'll still be hoping he's a failure, just so you can say I told you so.

Please read unplugged comments and the majority of forum users. Why is he making the "likes of me look silly", your kidding, he has made the likes of you look siily for 6 years.

Also, go back and read my posts saying I hope he makes so don't take my comments and screw them around to suit your one eyed mind.

Fact...6 years on the team...fact very little to prove for it......fact he kicked 4 goals against a bottom 4 side....fact he missed the easiest shot in the league.....

If he is still there in two years Hardwick MAY be elseware...

:sleep :sleep

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #488 on: August 13, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Please read unplugged comments and the majority of forum users.

An outspoken few does not represent the majority.
Anyways we'll see in a few years who's right about which way Edwards future is heading.

So far I'm well ahead considering you fully expected him to be delisted at the start of the year..

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #489 on: August 13, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »
Why are people taking away his 4.4 cause its a bottom team? He kicked the second most goals for our team, does that mean everyone else had a poo game cause it was against a bottom team? Deledio only got 31 touches against a poo team, had an absolute stinker

gerkin greg

« Reply #490 on: August 13, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »
Milne kicked 1.3 against them and Betts 2.1 so you work it out dude

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #491 on: August 13, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
 "An outspoken few does not represent the majority.
Anyways we'll see in a few years who's right about which way Edwards future is heading.

So far I'm well ahead considering you fully expected him to be delisted at the start of the year.."

:sleep :sleep.....Trade him....

"Rucks:

TigerTimeII

« Reply #492 on: August 13, 2012, 02:52:11 PM »
ffs edwards is a required and damn good player

pull ur heads out of ur culi u idiots

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #493 on: August 13, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »
In the last 12 rounds he has kicked 22 goals...kicked more than 1 on 8 occasions in that timeperiod.

He is more than serviceable.

Unfortunately he along with Jacko (and to a lesser extent White because he isnt in the team as much) have become the whipping boys for internet crusaders...oh well...whip away if you must.

The reality is that the coaching staff rate him, and from the looks of his teammates, they do too.  That is all that counts really.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #494 on: August 13, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »
Does the role that he needs to, is our best small forward by a long margin.  :clapping