Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306605 times)

the claw

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #510 on: August 14, 2012, 11:25:03 PM »
kicking has always been a problem with him

bit harsh going crook this week  about him kicking 4.4 didnt he hit the post twice from tight angles. 4.4 22 possesions with his fair share of tackles and applied pressure was a decent game. he went thru midfield and gave others a chop out.

the combined footskills of the smalls is a real problem edwards white king nahas again i  have to talk about the lack of polish with all of them.
 with nahas the falling over the bloody fumbles hes never one touch or clean its this when i say lack of polish. the lack of possesion as a combination is not good enough.
edwards with his kicking nahas with his onesidedness and lack of good footskills white is a poor kick and decision maker doesnt get much ball.  king for a small misses his fair share and just doesnt get enough ball . if tackling stats are to be used as a guide king hardly tackles compared to the others .
king white and nahas for the last 12 weeks just havent been involved in games enough combine that with their skills and you have good grounds for complaint.
nahas has had  15 possesions or more on just 5 occasions and only once against a good side.all 4 have shown themselves to be liabilities when in the midfield. credit to edwards the last 12 13 games when in the midfield hes been okay.

white has had just 5 games. hes only getting it 10 times a game has only kicked 3 goals and laid 6 tackles again this combined with his ordinary skill set screams we must do something about him. i know hes had limited time but these sort of stats stack up right across his career.

king has had 11 games kicked just 7 goals just 22 tackles and  averages just over 11.5 possesions a game. again this sort of output combined with poor skills is not good enough.

king nahas and edwards are contracted so will be kept. being uncontracted  i would be shocked if white is retained though. we have to make some decisions on some of these types.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #511 on: August 15, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »
Agree on White.  Probably the most skillful of the lot but doesn't get enough of the ball.  He doesn't run hard enough to link up, doesn't win his own ball and struggles defensively.  I'm not sure if the issue with him is that they play him in a tagging capacity or if he is constantly carrying injuries?  White has had seven years to prove himself.  That is too long for a mid size player to come good.  Really should have gone a few years ago.

If we could organise a trade for him to one of the fledgling clubs who might need a bit more experience through the midfield or forward line, we should take whatever we can get.  He needs a change for his career as much as we need to get rid of him and try to develop or recruit better players.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #512 on: August 15, 2012, 11:17:51 AM »
Agree on White.  Probably the most skillful of the lot but doesn't get enough of the ball.  He doesn't run hard enough to link up, doesn't win his own ball and struggles defensively.  I'm not sure if the issue with him is that they play him in a tagging capacity or if he is constantly carrying injuries?  White has had seven years to prove himself.  That is too long for a mid size player to come good.  Really should have gone a few years ago.

If we could organise a trade for him to one of the fledgling clubs who might need a bit more experience through the midfield or forward line, we should take whatever we can get.  He needs a change for his career as much as we need to get rid of him and try to develop or recruit better players.
Problem is no one will offer anything for him.

If we can recruit 1 good small forward this season (Saad type), then Kings last season will be 2013. Ideally you want to have an Edwards and a Saad in the forward line crumbing the goals with Nahas to come in as a replacement for one if form warrants it or injuries grant him that chance.

Edwards is good enough to be a second small/medium forward. Just need that 1 genuine small forward and we will be right.

the claw

« Reply #513 on: August 15, 2012, 11:55:04 AM »
others here may know how well hes gone or not this yr but willie wheeler was i thought we should have rookied.
what impressed me with him was not just the numbers but just how clean he was and his skills were very much up to afl standard.  going by the criteria i use for targeting state league players im surprised noone took a punt on him as a rookie. just like i was surprised at a few others not at least given a chance on the rookie list.

if we are chasing a quick classy forward we could do worse than max duffy at e/freo.

i still believe chasing someone like caddy if we believe hes a more talented player than what may be available at pick 10 ish is the way to go.

he can play forward caddy deledio martin and cotchin we could afford to permanently have one of them rotating thru the forward line.

this is how i would envision our forward line moving forward

hf/ edwards -  one of elton/griffiths/astbury - duffy/ohanlon or classy well rounded sml/med forward looking for someone of kieren harpers potential.
f/  vickery -  riewoldt -  caddy/martin/deledio/conca in rotations

clearly i dont envision a long term with any of king nahas or white. also some of those mentioned may not make it.

gerkin greg

« Reply #514 on: August 15, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »
classy well rounded sml/med forward looking for someone of kieren harpers potential.

harper is yet to re-sign with norf, love the way he goes about it and would love to **** norf over whilst upgrading our list

send them nahas and one of our 2nd round picks or he walks

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #515 on: August 15, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »
classy well rounded sml/med forward looking for someone of kieren harpers potential.

harper is yet to re-sign with norf, love the way he goes about it and would love to **** norf over whilst upgrading our list

send them nahas and one of our 2nd round picks or he walks

Get it done! Kid has shown heaps in the back Half of the season. Is a great Kick!

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #516 on: August 16, 2012, 09:54:57 AM »
Harper was a massive Tigers fan as a kid also.  ;)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #517 on: August 18, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »
Won't be defending that one. Stinker.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #518 on: August 18, 2012, 08:48:10 PM »
Harper was a massive Tigers fan as a kid also.  ;)

Was too
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #519 on: August 18, 2012, 10:49:55 PM »
Won't be defending that one. Stinker.

Open your eyes pal

That was typical Edwards in 75% of games he has played

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #520 on: August 18, 2012, 11:35:03 PM »
Terrible just terrible

Can't defend what cannot be excused
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #521 on: August 18, 2012, 11:39:34 PM »
I'll defend him! Clearly he can't be played outside the 50. We have tried this now the last couple of weeks and he is hopeless!! Keep him around goals, delist Nahas and King. Edwards gets 1 more year.....

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #522 on: August 18, 2012, 11:46:45 PM »
I'll defend him! Clearly he can't be played outside the 50. We have tried this now the last couple of weeks and he is hopeless!! Keep him around goals, delist Nahas and King. Edwards gets 1 more year.....

De-list King who was one of best today?

Agree re Nahas after today's effort especially after witnessing his stroll out on the wing with his back to the play while Houli is running foward trying to spot him for a pass  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #523 on: August 19, 2012, 12:40:40 AM »

De-list King who was one of best today?

Agree re Nahas after today's effort especially after witnessing his stroll out on the wing with his back to the play while Houli is running foward trying to spot him for a pass  :banghead

Yep, and Edwards was one of our best last week. As I said, Edwards is hopeless played up the ground but around the goals he is brilliant. Is faster and has many more tricks than King. Keep Edwards forward and he poo 's on both King and Nahas......

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: August 19, 2012, 07:41:43 AM »
Open your eyes pal

Pfft. The irony. He's been good up forward for us this season but I wasn't impressed one bit yesterday. Struggled when asked to fill Conca's role.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:59:47 AM by Mr Magic »