Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306173 times)

the claw

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #435 on: August 11, 2012, 10:30:06 PM »
Good player. Super durable. Will finish top ten in the b&f again. I'd be looking to upgrade his contract.
sheesh top 10 top 5 what does it mean.
over the yrs ive seen a train load of very ordinary rfc players finish top 10 in the b&f.

edwards now lets see.
start of the yr i was calling for his head.  his first 5 or 8 games were ordinary. thnk it was the sydney game he had a reasonable game playing mainly midfield. following week they moved him forward and imo hes been pretty decent ever since.
hes been very good in two or three games  in that time, and has not imo dropped below standard apart from maybe the gc game.
atm he is the small forward and should be the only one.

to me his big challenge is now to finally produce consistent up to standard footy, not just a block of 6 or in this case 10 11 games, but  injuries permitting consistent seasons on end.
the bar is set and while all players have the odd howler, we should not be accepting consistent performances that are below standard.
this is my concern with him will he slip back to what may be his natural level.  next yr will tell us all.
with close to 100 games and not far off 24yrs of age he should be a leader at the club. should be  setting an example with good consistent performances. he needs to prove hes at least a good consistent player at the level. sad tht we are still saying that after 6 yrs and so many games.

would have cut him at the start of the yr hes earnt a reprieve for another season.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #436 on: August 11, 2012, 10:46:01 PM »
Definitely a B Grader is Sheddy. So many can see it.

Good for them Gerks.

Still a C Grader. So many can see it!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #437 on: August 11, 2012, 10:54:50 PM »

Good for them Gerks.

You're dreaming.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #438 on: August 11, 2012, 11:02:40 PM »

Good for them Gerks.

You're dreaming.

No MM.

I just can't see this kid being anything more for us or anybody for that matter if he got traded.

gerkin greg

« Reply #439 on: August 11, 2012, 11:06:24 PM »
Did you gouge your eyes out when we lost to Carlton in Round 1?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #440 on: August 11, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »

Nope did you Gerks or anybody else?

I'm not saying he has played badly I did mention he had a purple patch mid year but he is just a C grader. He has show some improvement but given he has played regular footy in the last 6 seasons he should have shown more. Hence I rate him a C grader and a member of the side that given where we will be in the next few years can easily be upgraded on. Simple.
Some here say he's a mid 15-18 possies in the mid is hardly enough. I'd like to know how many times in his career he has broken the 20 posession barrier. :shh

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #441 on: August 11, 2012, 11:15:08 PM »
 Not sure if gg on the wind up or if he's back on the bandwagon he started 5 years ago.

gerkin greg

« Reply #442 on: August 11, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »
The bandwagon is crank driven, needs a wind up every now and then  ;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #443 on: August 11, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »
Good place to wind it up

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #444 on: August 11, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »
I just can't see this kid being anything more for us or anybody for that matter if he got traded.

Time will tell but I think he is a premiership footballer.

gerkin greg

« Reply #445 on: August 11, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
Easily in the top two indigenous players at the club

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #446 on: August 11, 2012, 11:29:22 PM »
Easily in the top two indigenous players at the club

Le ha ha.

the claw

« Reply #447 on: August 11, 2012, 11:31:13 PM »

Nope did you Gerks or anybody else?

I'm not saying he has played badly I did mention he had a purple patch mid year but he is just a C grader. He has show some improvement but given he has played regular footy in the last 6 seasons he should have shown more. Hence I rate him a C grader and a member of the side that given where we will be in the next few years can easily be upgraded on. Simple.
Some here say he's a mid 15-18 possies in the mid is hardly enough. I'd like to know how many times in his career he has broken the 20 posession barrier. :shh
agree have been saying exactly that for yrs.
6 yrs in and we are debating his worth weather hes below standard or just a passable afl player. at 24 and 100 games he should be well and truly established for his type.

if i had to rate his first 6 yrs i  would have to give him a b/s below standard rating. like a lot of b/s players they have at times played some good footy.
im especially harsh on smalls they need to bring something to the table to make up for the lack of size. 
they need to be clean one touch players or they get crunched or turn it over under extreme physical pressure. they have to be excellent kicks and decision makers and generally have good to excellent pace.
so few of our smalls meet these basic criteria hence they are inconsistent for yrs on end  and look very much like battlers half the time.

gerkin greg

« Reply #448 on: August 11, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »
There's quite a bit of b/s in this thread

tony_montana

« Reply #449 on: August 11, 2012, 11:33:17 PM »

Time will tell but I think he is a premiership footballer.

You rackin up a few clouts tonight champ?