Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306123 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2012, 01:27:52 AM »
:shh Some deluded folks in this thread. Take the dark blinkers off and enjoy the good stuff. There's plenty.

Speaking of deluded, please expand on what makes Shane such a fine player, I'd love to hear your thoughts

No idea tony. Don't you rate those 12 possie games?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2012, 01:29:10 AM »
:shh Some deluded folks in this thread. Take the dark blinkers off and enjoy the good stuff. There's plenty.

Speaking of deluded, please expand on what makes Shane such a fine player, I'd love to hear your thoughts

Posted this in another thread.

You want to know why Titch gets a game?

He does do what the coach asks of him every week, follows the game plan and works his frikin behind off for his team mates.

His work off the ball is what a lot here don't see. The unglamorous stuff that any coach loves in footballers.
Covering for players, standing in gaps, pressurising the opposition, working the corridor up and down..
He has an excellent tank and busts his behind defensively all game when guys like Martin, Maric & Riewoldt are sucking for air at the end of a match.

Another of Shane's strengths is that he takes risks. This can look bad if it goes wrong which many focus on but equally it can look fantastic when it comes off.
His hands are elite. Unlike someone like Jackson, Edwards has a VERY good footy nous and regularly sets up play which results in attacking passages of footy for the Tiges. When Cotchin kicks that goal, the guy who gave it off is often Shane.

Sure he has weaknesses. His footskills do let him down too often and he's not winning enough of the pill but he is nowhere near as bad a player as he's portrayed as by some on here otherwise he'd have been delisted as one of the 30 odd players who've departed in the last couple of years.

He may be upgraded in time but for now he is in our best 22 and still may improve yet.
Dimma's a fan and he's popular with his team mates.
Hope he has a great season culminating in playing finals.

Some of us actually do appreciate him.

tony_montana

« Reply #347 on: May 19, 2012, 01:34:09 AM »

No idea tony. Don't you rate those 12 possie games?

Nah I'm hard to please, I rate the 17-18 possie games

tony_montana

« Reply #348 on: May 19, 2012, 01:49:49 AM »

Posted this in another thread.

You want to know why Titch gets a game?

He does do what the coach asks of him every week, follows the game plan and works his frikin behind off for his team mates.

His work off the ball is what a lot here don't see. The unglamorous stuff that any coach loves in footballers.
Covering for players, standing in gaps, pressurising the opposition, working the corridor up and down..
He has an excellent tank and busts his behind defensively all game when guys like Martin, Maric & Riewoldt are sucking for air at the end of a match.

Another of Shane's strengths is that he takes risks. This can look bad if it goes wrong which many focus on but equally it can look fantastic when it comes off.
His hands are elite. Unlike someone like Jackson, Edwards has a VERY good footy nous and regularly sets up play which results in attacking passages of footy for the Tiges. When Cotchin kicks that goal, the guy who gave it off is often Shane.

Sure he has weaknesses. His footskills do let him down too often and he's not winning enough of the pill but he is nowhere near as bad a player as he's portrayed as by some on here otherwise he'd have been delisted as one of the 30 odd players who've departed in the last couple of years.

He may be upgraded in time but for now he is in our best 22 and still may improve yet.
Dimma's a fan and he's popular with his team mates.
Hope he has a great season culminating in playing finals.

Some of us actually do appreciate him.

Hes average, by 70/80 games in a career, you should be showing something.

Weaknesses have  outweighed his strengths as a player to date....  unreliable kick, unreliable decision maker, doesn't get it enough for the tank he possesses, and is not strong enough physically to exploit his biggest strength - his awareness and vision in close.  I was a fan when we first drafted him as I'm a fan of gut runners, unfortunately sometimes players don't come on ala tambling, I gave up on Edwards finally last year early in the season against the pies when in the space of 5 mins he had 3 shots on goal for a grand return of 1 behind..

gg

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2012, 11:51:54 AM »
hey wat pngq shaka man?  imagine edwards gets bog tom nite lol , could u handle that hahahaha

Haha, I will be very happy if he contributes to a win. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2012, 11:33:44 PM »
What did we all think of Titch's game today? 16 possies for 3 goals, 2 assists in goals, 5 inside 50s and 5 tackles. One positive on a dark day?

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »
Shane is earning his spot and getting plenty of cheers in the Ekto household.

:clapping

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #352 on: June 09, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »
Better than average far from our worst for a change

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #353 on: June 09, 2012, 11:37:48 PM »
Has had a good month Titch. :thumbsup
My only fault on him today was in the first when he snapped with the outside of his right foot from 20 metres and the ball fell in the square rather than use his left foot and drill it.

Evading the Freo players with a blind turn on the members half forward flank in the last and finding Tuck who kicked the goal was great stuff.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: June 09, 2012, 11:39:37 PM »
Shane is earning his spot and getting plenty of cheers in the Ekto household.

:clapping

We are quite pleased with the SHED, has done a good job so far. Is playing with more confidence and is taking risks.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #355 on: June 09, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »
Was our cleanest player in the conditions today, is creative and shows flair! Can't fault his game at all today.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #356 on: June 10, 2012, 12:24:10 AM »
This thread went very quite over the last month.

the claw

« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »
Edwards had a very good game against Sydney.
Continues to torment the haters. Love it. 8)
you are easily pleased if thats a very good game. thats about the minimum you want from him but we all know its about his best.

says more about where we are at when we cant replace him for lack of mids on the list.

Bump.
you think a decent 4 week period in 6 yrs has me wetting myself with joy.
have acknowledged hes had a good 4 weeks but still dont rate him.
will continue to acknowledge his good games but my experience has taught me leopards dont change their spots. i hope he proves me wrong but i wont hold my breath hoping.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #358 on: June 10, 2012, 12:36:43 AM »
po claw

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: June 10, 2012, 07:09:45 AM »
Edwards had a very good game against Sydney.
Continues to torment the haters. Love it. 8)
you are easily pleased if thats a very good game. thats about the minimum you want from him but we all know its about his best.

says more about where we are at when we cant replace him for lack of mids on the list.

Bump.
you think a decent 4 week period in 6 yrs has me wetting myself with joy.
have acknowledged hes had a good 4 weeks but still dont rate him.
will continue to acknowledge his good games but my experience has taught me leopards dont change their spots. i hope he proves me wrong but i wont hold my breath hoping.

And we won't hold our breath hearing your judgement on our players  :wallywink
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.