Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306645 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #660 on: September 14, 2012, 08:00:40 AM »
That's your problem, you probably deserve crap days though... :wallywink

yeah, but its nice to know that amongst the death that you can always put a smile on my face.

:lol... :wallywink
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #661 on: September 14, 2012, 08:01:58 AM »
That's your problem, you probably deserve crap days though... :wallywink

yeah, but its nice to know that amongst the death that you can always put a smile on my face.

:lol... :wallywink

Still didn't answer my question....Go and spend some time with your mate.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #662 on: September 14, 2012, 08:12:34 AM »
Edwards.....pfft..just watching the Essaendon game again, he has been slung around like a rag doll, missed targets and the high hit on Monfries where he was reported......what a tossa.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #663 on: September 14, 2012, 10:06:47 AM »
Edwards.....pfft..just watching the Essaendon game again, he has been slung around like a rag doll, missed targets and the high hit on Monfries where he was reported......what a tossa.

And yet you think McGuane went alright and deserves another Contract :lol :lol
Your an awesome judge of Talent WAT, up there with Username and Jackstar ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: September 14, 2012, 10:20:41 AM »

And yet you think McGuane went alright and deserves another Contract :lol :lol
Your an awesome judge of Talent WAT, up there with Username and Jackstar ;D

Yeah your up there too mate dont worry about that.  :wallywink

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #665 on: September 14, 2012, 10:29:08 AM »
Realy? Least I can tell the difference between a compleat Dud and a guy who has some ability ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: September 14, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
Realy? Least I can tell the difference between a compleat Dud and a guy who has some ability ;D

Champ.. :clapping

IYO...

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #667 on: September 14, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »

Champ.. :clapping

IYO...

Dick :clapping
IMO....

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #668 on: September 23, 2012, 06:15:06 AM »
Please let me clear up a few things regarding my thoughts on Edwards;

When he joined the club I really thought we had picked up the next Milne, Krakour, Didak etc.. a player that would really amount to being somethig special. I didn't have the same thought over the years with Patto, Meyers and those types of players that have gone by the wayside.

I stuck by him, waiting, for about 4 years, hoping, backing him in, giving him another year, year after year after year, when others I might add had written him off after 2-3 years. Even this year I stuck by my words and kept my mouth shut until round one...well he wasnt much cop in that game was he.

I do not hate him as I do not hate anyone, it's not in my nature (even al and TFT.. :thumbsup). But to have a good and thats all it was, a good year after 6 years in my opinion does not mean he has proven himself. 8th in the B&F, does it really mean that much for one year out of 6, it shows his inconsistency again. Ok, he had a good year again in 2010, so 2 good years in 6. Morris has played noe year with us and finished higher, Grigg and Houli finished higher and they have only just joined us. I am talking about the new players abouve him, not the older players below him either, thats not mu point.

Players like Riewoldt, Foley, Rance, Deledio but to name a few have had better years than Edwards and they have copped it in the past and some still cop more flak than Edwards.

I have also said at the start of every year "I HOPE HE MAKES IT AND I HOPE HE PROVES ME WRONG"!!!! But in all honesty he hasn't. Will he, who knows, but I have been asking for it and it still hasn't happened. He should be a player that other coaches think before the game...gee who the hell are we going to put on Edwards...I bet they dont. He is not a hard player to stop, look at the recent finals games, there isn't a player in any of those teams that gets thrown around like Edwards.

On my last break I watched about 6 replays of the games from this year as well as seeing one live (during the season of course). Now yes he can do some good things and yes he does set up goals, but not consistently. This is my point, he is not consistent, never has been and for all and sundry to get so upbeat when he kicked 4 I think against GWS....please. He also makes critical errors at critical times in most games. I don't think there has been a game I have seen where he hasn't turned the ball over with a basic errors, but hey there may of been a time, I just havent sen it.

Plenty of you have your whipping boys, Jackson, Gus, McGuane, Post, Foley, Dea, Rance, Grigg, Houli....long list isn't it!!! Mine is Edwards, but at least at the start of each season I say.."I HOPE HE MAKES IT AND PROVES ME WRONG", I say that because I mean it. But I am not so sure he will, especially after watching the finals games, he will need to put on about 10kg more.

In all honesty we should of traded him in 2010/11, but now we have have him and until he proves me wrong I will be sceptical. It dosen't matter how many times I have a go at him or the repedativness of my comments it is no different to the posters that carry on continuously about other players....or have a go at players like Riewold for winning the Coleman.

So I hope I have cleared it up for you all.....

Go Edwards.. ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:15:12 PM by WA Tiger »

"Rucks:

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #669 on: September 23, 2012, 09:14:57 AM »
Funny - Many commentaters - experts including the coaches said he was our most improved player this year - even lids and cotch said the at a club 80 night I attended.
I thought he was our best small forward this year !!!!

But everyone is en tilted to an opion!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #670 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »
Funny - Many commentaters - experts including the coaches said he was our most improved player this year - even lids and cotch said the at a club 80 night I attended.
I thought he was our best small forward this year !!!!

But everyone is en tilted to an opion!

Thats fine Camboon, but again, the "experts" and "coaches" are usually riduculed for making the same comments about other players so are we selective of what we want to hear or what we think of players?? :-\....Hardwick says the same about Jackson....and the forum goes mad...

Like you said my opinion only.

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #671 on: September 23, 2012, 11:49:18 AM »
Was our best small forward this year. Deserves his 2 year extension.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: September 23, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »
Was our best small forward this year. Deserves his 2 year extension.

We only had 3, King was injured and Nahas, well he didn't back up last year but he played different roles, so I suppose he was our best small forward.

Would of given him one year thoug, tuck played better and got one year..

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #673 on: September 23, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »
That's because Tucky is 30 odd. Geelong do the same with their old fellas. Offering one year to Edwards would be a massive kick in the guts to the bloke.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #674 on: September 23, 2012, 12:27:19 PM »
That's because Tucky is 30 odd. Geelong do the same with their old fellas. Offering one year to Edwards would be a massive kick in the guts to the bloke.

I know why they gave Tuck a year but he played better you can't deny that, I think a years deal to Tuck was a kick in the guts to him.

"Rucks: