Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306657 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #675 on: September 23, 2012, 12:37:11 PM »
Matty Scarlett had a better season as well. If he wanted to play on Geelong wouldn't be offering more than 1 year. Edwards deserved two and Tucky (at his age) getting a 1 year deal is fine. We know Tuck will perform.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #676 on: September 23, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »
Edwards is appreciated by the coaching staff and that's all that really matters to this point. Other opinions count for little.
If he's upgraded in time great but for now he is easily entrenched in our best 22.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #677 on: September 23, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »
Edwards is appreciated by the coaching staff and that's all that really matters to this point. Other opinions count for little.
If he's upgraded in time great but for now he is easily entrenched in our best 22.

"Other opinions count for little", then stop making comments on forums MM, FFS I am entitled to my comments the same as you are, so if my comments count for little then so do yours promoting him or bagging other players as you do. See this is what happens on this forum, if you have a view where others don't like it.....shut the stuff up basicaly.... :-\

Mate I thought my comments were fair. But if you don't stiff poo because your comments count for little....see.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #678 on: September 23, 2012, 01:01:43 PM »

BTW Jackson is appreciated by the coaching staff too, but that doesnt stop you bagging him does it, so why not support Jackson......because you IYO don't believe he is that good.....please explain the difference between your Jackson view and my Edwards view, the principle not the players.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #679 on: September 23, 2012, 01:15:05 PM »

BTW Jackson is appreciated by the coaching staff too, but that doesnt stop you bagging him does it, so why not support Jackson......because you IYO don't believe he is that good.....please explain the difference between your Jackson view and my Edwards view, the principle not the players.

Not difficult I would have thought.
Don't rate Dan highly but my opinion matters little so long as Jackson's there.
Ultimately that's all we have on forums is opinions but Dimma's not reacting to our POV.
Not point getting as worked up about it as you do.

gerkin greg

« Reply #680 on: September 23, 2012, 03:32:24 PM »
did his job most weeks
dunno why fuss is about a middle tier player
suppose we could try and get this thread to 50 pages...

surely deserves his 2 yr extension if mcguane gets 1 yr

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #681 on: September 23, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »
Edwards made the Club's 2013 calendar so if that's any guide he's not going anywhere. Mind you Nahas has too (Kingy missed out) and Edwards would be ahead of Robbie and Jake in the pecking order of our small forwards based on 2012. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #682 on: September 23, 2012, 05:35:53 PM »
Edwards made the Club's 2013 calendar so if that's any guide he's not going anywhere. Mind you Nahas has too (Kingy missed out) and Edwards would be ahead of Robbie and Jake in the pecking order of our small forwards based on 2012.

Is Robbies shot in the shower with the rude bits pixelated out like Ned Flanders when Homer does a video to recruit a new wife
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #683 on: September 24, 2012, 03:03:28 AM »
They couldn't fit nahas rude bits on. The first third of his along in on 2013.

You have to wait till 14/15 for the whole thing.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #684 on: September 24, 2012, 05:03:18 AM »
That's why nahas always falls over.... Either trips over his third leg or the weight of it drags him down

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #685 on: September 24, 2012, 05:53:43 AM »

Not point getting as worked up about it as you do.

Because I have a few words on the subject apparently "I get worked up"...go read a few of your posts during the seson, during games, thats worked up....

I had my say on Edwards, if it made too much sense to you or your didn't like it then bad luck thats my say. But at least I mention the good and the bad with Edwards, you only see one eye with Edwards and it's ridiculous, to you he is a superstar that does no wrong. Even when he misses goals and targets from 20meters of directly in front. Or when he kick the ball dicectly to an opposition player when we are streaming forward. Honestly even when he plays bad you still talk him up. Good player but inconsistent with brain fades, thats Edwards IMO.

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #686 on: September 24, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »
But at least I mention the good and the bad with Edwards, you only see one eye with Edwards and it's ridiculous, to you he is a superstar that does no wrong.

Seeing as you scope through my posts so closely WA Tiger, you'd also know that post is absolute crap.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #687 on: September 24, 2012, 08:51:09 AM »
But at least I mention the good and the bad with Edwards, you only see one eye with Edwards and it's ridiculous, to you he is a superstar that does no wrong.

Seeing as you scope through my posts so closely WA Tiger, you'd also know that post is absolute crap.

It was from memory, but if I am wrong as you say then you must be right, I cant remember the last time you actually had a go at Edwards other than to say, his game was down today, thats about as much as you give him. So my post wasn't as crap as your posts on him when he plays crap!!

"Rucks:

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #688 on: September 24, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »
Nahas kicked 34 goals.  Read lots of comments about how ordinary he was in 2012. 

By contrast, his stick insect cousin, Shane Edwards who is in his sixth season of AFL produced a 29 goal effort as the third of fourth forward.  (ie. the forward with the worst defender on him week in week out)    Ellis who is in his first season and an inch short is 5kg heavier than him.  Most improved player?  Best small forward?  When you come from a base of being a massive dud and you put in a below par season, I guess that is a big improvement. But thats not anything to get excited about.

Edwards is a dud.  He does well against mediocre opposition when the season is over.  He epitomises everything that is wrong with Richmond.  We perform well against opposition clubs that are tanking towards the end of the season and then can't win a game at the start of the next season when the pressure is on.  Until Edwards can perform consistently under the most basic forms of pressure, suggestions that he is a good player are weed induced fantasies of insane Richmond supporters who have been starved of success.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: September 24, 2012, 11:08:11 AM »
You realise Edwards only played 15 games as a forward?