Author Topic: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton  (Read 55809 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton
« Reply #465 on: July 14, 2008, 11:01:08 AM »
Joel was no standout player yesterday but at least he hits his target

I'd say Bowden turned it over more than McMahon yesterday and was less damaging in his style of play but each to their own.

yes l agree Joel didnot have a great day, they were both as bad as one another

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #466 on: July 14, 2008, 08:29:22 PM »

I'd say Bowden turned it over more than McMahon yesterday and was less damaging in his style of play but each to their own.

Joel had 83% efficency but 5 clangers from his 23 possies while Jordie had 73% efficiency yet 3 clangers from 33 possies.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #467 on: July 14, 2008, 11:52:27 PM »
McMahon had 9 more touches than the WCE top ball getter.

jackstar

« Reply #468 on: July 15, 2008, 12:05:58 AM »

Mate, so could I , and I havent played for 17 years.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #469 on: July 15, 2008, 12:21:51 AM »

Mate, so could I , and I havent played for 17 years.

You can get 30+ touches in the AFL?

Tigermonk

« Reply #470 on: July 15, 2008, 11:03:29 AM »

Joel had 83% efficency but 5 clangers from his 23 possies while Jordie had 73% efficiency yet 3 clangers from 33 possies.

& Joel backed one of his clangers up by doing the recovery & setting up a goal  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: July 15, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »
Joel is better played on the wing where his clangers do not hurt us and chip/backwards kicks can not be utilized as much. Tigermonk - he just seems to be too slow now days and is too easily exploited by his opponent. He can only play unaccountable footy while at least McMahon has the pace to be defensive and stick with his direct opponent.

Stripes

Tigermonk

« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »
Joel is better played on the wing where his clangers do not hurt us and chip/backwards kicks can not be utilized as much. Tigermonk - he just seems to be too slow now days and is too easily exploited by his opponent. He can only play unaccountable footy while at least McMahon has the pace to be defensive and stick with his direct opponent.

Stripes

since when has McMahon ever stuck to his direct opponant Stripes, all the games l watched him play his never near his man & always running back when its too late. Seems to be a bit like Joel in his method the way his chipping it sometimes.
Does not surprised me that Joel has lost some pace after being played in a role of his career that required him to put his body on the line backing into his bigger opponants because Richmond wouldnot replace KPP in the backline were we required height & a bigger body. No-one can deny Bowden has not served that club proudly by being played as a undersized KPP when he should have always been played up the wing /HFF as a damaging player he can be. Yes he has his bad days like any footballer does but McMahon has not fixed our backline problems or our foot skills & turnover rate.
McMahon does alot of good things, dont get me wrong he can play football but its a combination of things that need fixing.
That being whos around him not talking (captain pee pee) & Newman who needs to talk & tighten up, Shulzs, King, Raines who need to lift to the next level & we could have a premiership backline in the making, of course in saying that you need to have your forwards & midfielders defending as well there areas  ;D

1 more thing about Joel is his very smart & you cant denie his in the right spot at the right time most times ;D Port Adelaide dying seconds & if we had him playing against the Bulldogs when the coach ordered the shutdown he would have been great to have around,  but in saying that & not taking anything away from those 22 that day, had he played we might have played differently & not been in that winning position. But the Coach is responsible for the wrong call that day & Joel was being punished that day  ;D thats why he was at Coburg

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 01:22:38 PM by Tigermonk »

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #473 on: July 15, 2008, 01:04:09 PM »
Thats right Shannon, all i am saying see how he plays when he has to be accountable against quality opposition, we all know the answer to that :thumbsup

just a question jack

Do you rate Gilbee? Or what about Kennelly?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: July 15, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »
Have to agree with you Monky about most of your points. Joel has lost much of his pace probably as a direct result of poor list management of the past and putting his body on the line week in week out. I also agree that he has been played out of position for most of his career and poorly coached in terms of defensive pressure and defensive run.

MaMahon has been better defensively than Bowden judging by the amount of tackles both have laid recently. This is particularly concerning considering the position Joel has played in for much of his career.
MaMahon has mad some pretty woeful games but for the majority of this year he has been an asset to the team and has been very effective and dangerous off his own boot.

MaMahon is still too unaccountable and soft for my liking but I guess we need outside players to feed the ball out to to run or hit up leading target further afield.

I also agree with you Monky regarding our leadership. I'm not convinced on any of the players you named in terms of offering direction and inspiration to the rest of the team.

Stripes

jackstar

« Reply #475 on: July 15, 2008, 08:08:23 PM »
Thats right Shannon, all i am saying see how he plays when he has to be accountable against quality opposition, we all know the answer to that :thumbsup

just a question jack

Do you rate Gilbee? Or what about Kennelly?

Would think that  Jason Gram, Heath Scotland and Heath Shaw are better players.  All three I have  mentioned have defensive tags put on them everyweek, thats not my opinion only, but the AFL coaches. ;)

Tigermonk

« Reply #476 on: July 15, 2008, 08:54:08 PM »

Would think that  Jason Gram, Heath Scotland and Heath Shaw are better players.  All three I have  mentioned have defensive tags put on them everyweek, thats not my opinion only, but the AFL coaches. ;)

l rate Heath Scotland very highly Jack, he was a goer at the skunks & l believe when he went to Carlscum that the Skunks missed him & dropped off a fair bit. He can be a very damaging player & takes a tag

Jason Gram ex Sale lad (WGLVFL) very good footballer can kick the ball a country mile

Heath Shaw well he speaks for himself a great defender / attacker

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #477 on: July 15, 2008, 09:40:02 PM »
Since when did Scotland take a defensive tag?  ???

Heath Shaw absolutely has and Gram gets dragged back to the goal square whenever a team can to reduce his influence and run.

But Heath Scotland?  Nup.  Sides are too busy trying to stop Judd, Stevens and Murphy.
EAT EM ALIVE!

jackstar

« Reply #478 on: July 15, 2008, 09:45:15 PM »
Since when did Scotland take a defensive tag?  ???

Heath Shaw absolutely has and Gram gets dragged back to the goal square whenever a team can to reduce his influence and run.

But Heath Scotland?  Nup.  Sides are too busy trying to stop Judd, Stevens and Murphy.

Can tell you that Heath Scotland and as well as Kade Simpson are very important the blues.
The try and make Scotland accountable and I know for fact in past years we have had a defensive tag on Scotland ;)

jackstar

« Reply #479 on: July 15, 2008, 09:47:20 PM »

l rate Heath Scotland very highly Jack, he was a goer at the skunks & l believe when he went to Carlscum that the Skunks missed him & dropped off a fair bit. He can be a very damaging player & takes a tag

Jason Gram ex Sale lad (WGLVFL) very good footballer can kick the ball a country mile

Heath Shaw well he speaks for himself a great defender / attacker

Thanks Monk :thumbsup     At least you are one of the few who know there football on here