Author Topic: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton  (Read 55121 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton
« Reply #480 on: July 15, 2008, 09:50:56 PM »
Since when did Scotland take a defensive tag?  ???

Heath Shaw absolutely has and Gram gets dragged back to the goal square whenever a team can to reduce his influence and run.

But Heath Scotland?  Nup.  Sides are too busy trying to stop Judd, Stevens and Murphy.

Can tell you that Heath Scotland and as well as Kade Simpson are very important the blues.
The try and make Scotland accountable and I know for fact in past years we have had a defensive tag on Scotland ;)

Both are very important but there is no way a defensive tag is put on Scotland.  No way.  And of course in past years there was a tag on Scotland, who was the best Carlton midfielders . . . errrr . . . Stevens and then .  . . bugger except for Murphy last year and then Stevens was out so Scotland still took number 2. 

With Stevens back, Judd included and Murphy still there Scotland's on the backburner.  He's in more space than ever and loving it.

I forgot about Simpson who certainly also gets some attention.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #481 on: July 16, 2008, 04:52:12 AM »
seen Scotland tagged up many times TA in games not involving our beloved Tigers.
because l always like Scotland as a player, l watched him closely over his career.
Anyone who knows me would tell you personally that l have followed him for many years. 
The reason why is because his a very under the radar player, who roams from the backline into the forward always hitting up targets,  His a very dangerous player & sets up the play.  Seen many coaches tag him, take some time watching replays that are not against us, not that anyone would really want to watch the most hated team, but Scotland is a very under the radar player & when watching closely you will see what l mean
l couldnot believe the skunks getting rid of him, & after they did they started to struggle.
He has slowed down a bit lately & not required to be tagged as often, but instead l see him trying to drag players out of the play & open up the wing for players like Judd & Stevens breaking out of the centre freely.
His been in the system since 1999 & would average 20+ possies per game this season & is more into setting up goals than kicking them himself, infact l reckon he would not even have kick 50 goals in his whole AFL career but his kicked some big ones when it counted.

just a bit on Jason Gram,  he hails from our local league, (WGLFL)  a player who can get under your skin & make a coach crazy on gameday.
His strong, can take a hit & can kick goals over 60m on the run like Dew & should be matched up wisely, his going to be a player of the future who is just starting to find his feet, the faster the game the better he plays, loves to run & take on his opponants

jackstar

« Reply #482 on: July 16, 2008, 06:32:53 AM »

Heath Shaw absolutely has and Gram gets dragged back to the goal square whenever a team can to reduce his influence and run.

But Heath Scotland?  Nup.  Sides are too busy trying to stop Judd, Stevens and Murphy.

Can tell you that Heath Scotland and as well as Kade Simpson are very important the blues.
The try and make Scotland accountable and I know for fact in past years we have had a defensive tag on Scotland ;)

Both are very important but there is no way a defensive tag is put on Scotland.  No way.  And of course in past years there was a tag on Scotland, who was the best Carlton midfielders . . . errrr . . . Stevens and then .  . . bugger except for Murphy last year and then Stevens was out so Scotland still took number 2. 

With Stevens back, Judd included and Murphy still there Scotland's on the backburner.  He's in more space than ever and loving it.

Can tell you that whoever gets the match up on Scotland, are told to play deep. Thus playing a defensive role to try and take him out of the corridior
If you dont beleive me, thats fine. S

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #483 on: July 16, 2008, 08:00:06 AM »
Thats right Shannon, all i am saying see how he plays when he has to be accountable against quality opposition, we all know the answer to that :thumbsup

just a question jack

Do you rate Gilbee? Or what about Kennelly?

Would think that  Jason Gram, Heath Scotland and Heath Shaw are better players.  All three I have  mentioned have defensive tags put on them everyweek, thats not my opinion only, but the AFL coaches. ;)

heath shaw is a gun, scotland meh

Gram is an interesting one, I reckon mcmuffin is just as good as he is, if not better. No doubt mcmahon has had a better year.

Yes both are unaccountable, both zone off and try and hurt the opposition the other way, I think mcmahon has overall more pace and a better more reliable disposal. The league is full of players like mcmahon, he does his job and does it quite well IMHO. No doubt he has had the best year of his career. The stats prove that, he will finish top 6 in our best and fairest, so his recruitment cannot be questioned at this stage.

People say we ahve a team of HBF, but the fact is mcmahon is way way better than anyone else in the team in playing that specific role.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #484 on: July 16, 2008, 08:30:52 AM »

Can tell you that whoever gets the match up on Scotland, are told to play deep. Thus playing a defensive role to try and take him out of the corridior
If you dont beleive me, thats fine. S

I dont, but fair enough, doesnt work then when they do tag him regardless, get plenty of damaging footy still.

Gram's turnovers certainly hurt badly.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #485 on: July 16, 2008, 11:47:25 AM »

but the fact is mcmahon is way way better than anyone else in the team in playing that specific role.

you done my head in  :whistle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #486 on: July 17, 2008, 05:56:22 PM »
Wallace on McMahon in EOTT:

It intrigues me why we have a loud minority of supporters, who want to rubbish our players, particularly those who come from another AFL club . . . Ex-Bulldog Jordan McMahon showed last Sunday just how much he wants to play for the Richmond Football Club. He’s told me how surprised he has been at times this year to be ridiculed by a section of the Club’s supporter base . . .  it’s something that hadn’t happened to him previously in his time in football.

Some of our supporters believe that handball-receives are nowhere near as important as winning first possession, but they are critical in the modern game.  If you have not got blokes who can read the ball well enough and are prepared to run the lines, you will not have a successful team. Jordan has certainly added that to our game this year.

More at:
http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

richmondrules

« Reply #487 on: July 17, 2008, 06:14:16 PM »
I think that's really sad. There are times when I feel embarrassed looking at some of the treatment of some of our players.

jackstar

« Reply #488 on: July 17, 2008, 07:14:49 PM »
Wallace on McMahon in EOTT:

It intrigues me why we have a loud minority of supporters, who want to rubbish our players, particularly those who come from another AFL club . . . Ex-Bulldog Jordan McMahon showed last Sunday just how much he wants to play for the Richmond Football Club. He’s told me how surprised he has been at times this year to be ridiculed by a section of the Club’s supporter base . . .  it’s something that hadn’t happened to him previously in his time in football.

Some of our supporters believe that handball-receives are nowhere near as important as winning first possession, but they are critical in the modern game.  If you have not got blokes who can read the ball well enough and are prepared to run the lines, you will not have a successful team. Jordan has certainly added that to our game this year.

More at:
http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

The KING of Spin.
And thats why we arent playing finals Terry, your game plan is rubbish having lightweights running out of D50 :lol
Terry Wallace is a funny man, Bulldogs supporters say its the best thing that ever happened to get rid of McMahon.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #489 on: July 17, 2008, 07:19:56 PM »
I think that's really sad. There are times when I feel embarrassed looking at some of the treatment of some of our players.

i agree. totally rrofo, we should be supporting these guys esp when they really want to play for us and run so hard. no matter what errors jordan makes, one thing is for sure, he always tries and runs his heart out. i really hope he continues to play with passion and not listen to some of his bashers
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #490 on: July 17, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »

ridiculed by a section of the Club’s supporter base . . .

Surely they don't read this site do they?

If they do - I'm going to write more often.

Hey Jordie - you're ok -  :bow

ps - what's with the Mo?

jackstar

« Reply #491 on: July 17, 2008, 08:52:05 PM »

i agree. totally rrofo, we should be supporting these guys esp when they really want to play for us and run so hard. no matter what errors jordan makes, one thing is for sure, he always tries and runs his heart out. i really hope he continues to play with passion and not listen to some of his bashers

Of course he would want to play with us , no other club would be sostupid to pay him $310,000 a year :banghead

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #492 on: July 17, 2008, 09:14:20 PM »

Of course he would want to play with us , no other club would be sostupid to pay him $310,000 a year

:bow  One of your better ones Jack

Now Jordy - if you're reading this - it's only a joke mate, he's a secret admirer, don't take it to heart. We mostly love you.

ps - what's with the Mo?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #493 on: July 17, 2008, 09:16:06 PM »
I agree but I'm pretty sure we would be no better or worse than any other side that's not sitting pretty near the top.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #494 on: July 17, 2008, 09:19:30 PM »

i agree. totally rrofo, we should be supporting these guys esp when they really want to play for us and run so hard................
And this from a poster who, a couple of weeks ago, expressed a fervent wish for our captain to "tear his hamstring from the bone".