Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239774 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2009, 12:53:55 AM »
how about Ruck Roving in the Shane Tuck mould?

Lions had Justin Leppitsch as gun CHB - 3 flags

i do not see why you would not develop Rance in the same way.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
SEN said earlier Rance could be off as well. A Tiger supporter who heard this rang in and said he's had enough and he's off to follow the Socceroos.

Mentioned on Bomberblitz as well ...
http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51476&st=1200#

However Doran just corrected himself saying he heard Ox say it was Rance when it's actually Raines instead. He then said Rance has re-signed.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:35:50 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
As mentioned in the footy show thread, Hutchy said Hawthorn are showing interest in Alex Rance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2009, 10:46:59 PM »
I'd doubt the Hawks would offer up pick 9 for Rance (moreso for Lake) but if pick 9 was put on the table you'd definitely look at it. Butcher/Trengove at #3 plus another quality midfielder at #9 such as a Rohan, Martin, Lucas, Stevens or Cunnington wouldn't go astray either.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2009, 10:49:24 PM »
Rance and Raines for pick 9?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2009, 10:55:30 PM »

i would doubt Hardwick would do a trade with the Hawks, especially with someone like a Rance who can play just under someone who can coach
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2009, 11:02:49 PM »
Never know Daniel.

Clarko from his friendship with Chocco made deals with players traded between Port and the Hawks. You just never know even if it is not Rance.

Gilham
Dew
Nathan Lonie, come to mind straight away. There may have been others.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2009, 11:09:19 PM »
FFS you lot, Rance is a young man with plenty of potential that has only really had a go this year and he showed some great signs. Why the hell would we trade him, a good pre-season under his belt working on a few areas he needs improving on and he could be anything.

He has the same hardness at the ball Hardwick had and is probably the only player that is not afraid to put his head over the ball........ so lets trade him.... FFS... :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2009, 11:13:18 PM »
Pick 9 is an extremely tempting prospect, though.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2009, 11:15:04 PM »
FFS you lot, Rance is a young man with plenty of potential that has only really had a go this year and he showed some great signs. Why the hell would we trade him, a good pre-season under his belt working on a few areas he needs improving on and he could be anything.

He has the same hardness at the ball Hardwick had and is probably the only player that is not afraid to put his head over the ball........ so lets trade him.... FFS... :banghead

i agree rance should be one of the top 10 first names read out that is a must to have in 2010..He had Wallet as his coach so thats enough to add flaws to anyones game.

Hardwick wont let him go, you can bet your life on it.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2009, 11:17:18 PM »
I don't think adding fringe players together makes the deal any sweeter to the Hawks otherwise we could throw JON in there as well lol.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2009, 11:19:24 PM »

Let's be clear here that RICHMOND are not trading him but a couple of clubs including Hawthorn are CHASING him.  We would be stupid not to listen.  I hope some clubs are also chasing Jackson, but that's for another thread.

If it had to be done. . . . Rance & 18 for 9 and 25, but I'd far prefer to re-sign him.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2009, 11:19:59 PM »
No way - Like to see what this guy and others can achieve under the new regime.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »

Let's be clear here that RICHMOND are not trading him but a couple of clubs including Hawthorn are CHASING him.  We would be stupid not to listen.  I hope some clubs are also chasing Jackson, but that's for another thread.

If it had to be done. . . . Rance & 18 for 9 and 25, but I'd far prefer to re-sign him.

Would not even listen to talks of trading him and taking picks 18, 9 & 25 would be stupid, what the hell, I really think this talk about re-building has gone to some of your heads, we can't have a team full of draft picks, even the GC won't be doing that.

I have just about heard enough of trading every player on this forum since we lost the plot in round one. Every players name including Deledio and Richo have come up this year for trade, it's beyond a joke. No one wants to get players above 25 to the club because we should develop our own, yet we are prepared to trade away 21 & 22 year olds that we have in fact developed for younger players to develop again and again and again.... please!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2009, 11:31:19 PM »
The one plus point in this potential deal is the fact that Hardwick will know the Hawks list inside out and will know the crap from the cream. If Hardwick thinks it's worth it then we have to back his judgement. I personally hope we keep Rance, I'd give them Moore or McGuane before Rance.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.