Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239764 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2009, 08:53:39 AM »
I'd let him go for pick 9.

He won't be traded

Jackstar is back

« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2009, 09:48:01 AM »
We have to take risks folks. Our list is horrible. If we don't trade then we will build a list that will peak as a low finals contender. If we take risks and lose we will stay whwere we are. If we take risks and win then in 5 years we might have a shot of the flag.

Rance is a young fella who physically looks the part, has a great attitude but needs to do an enormous amount of work on his kicking and decision making.

I would take pick 9.

Thank you, although I woulld take anything like a player and a round 3 pick

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2009, 10:40:06 AM »
Typical Richond, the supporters fall in love with yet another dud,He aint up to it, get an extra pick in the draft please

Jackstar come on. I'm sure even you know not write off a kid under the age of 21.

Lets put the common sense hat back on.

You would have traded Tambling years ago only for it to come back and bite you on the ass.

Just let him be. He's only played a dozen AFL games if that. He's got a lot of developing left.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2009, 10:43:18 AM »
i wouldn't be calling Tambling off limits because of 5 good games he played mid year.

its all about consistency and he is yet to prove that.

just on not writing kids off at 21. I remember people on here saying that about Schulz.

i dont care if there 21 or 41 if they are not up to it they are gone.

Rance should stay and will stay. 1 more year and if his kicking doesnt improve ill look at getting rid of him. Plenty of more to go before him
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2009, 10:50:53 AM »
You people just dont realise.
Every player is tradeable for the right trade.

we need to trade players of value.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2009, 11:16:43 AM »

And pick 9 would be the right price. 

Not a third rounder and a player.  ::)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2009, 11:18:36 AM »
Pick 9 would not be enough to get a deal done IMHO. Rance is worth more, Rance for 9 + Campbell then yeah why not ... but not 9 on its own.
If Hawks offered 9 for Rance we'd take it in a flash.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »
Rance should stay and will stay. 1 more year and if his kicking doesnt improve ill look at getting rid of him. Plenty of more to go before him

We suffer from the 'one more year' syndrome though.

Krakouer, Hyde, Rodan, Ray Hall etc etc

We could have got something for them and ended up getting nothing or next to nothing. Now hindsight is great and you can't get everything right in practice, but you shouldn't be getting everything wrong either. Got to look at trading players when their reputation is at its zenith.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »

We could have got something for them and ended up getting nothing or next to nothing. Now hindsight is great and you can't get everything right in practice, but you shouldn't be getting everything wrong either. Got to look at trading players when their reputation is at its zenith.

of course and agree with you but i think Rance should be given a year away from the tanned one.

he should be played in the forward line for a start and him and jack should be assigned a forward development coach to concentrate on kicking and thats it.

if after one year he is still the same then offload him.

Its people like Schulz and Mclovin that should be offloaded first, even if it is 4th round picks

Tigermonk

« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2009, 01:03:46 PM »

How would you trade Krakouer when he got delisted he was recruited by the WA state prison  ;D & is still a current player of that prison system  :rollin

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »

we need to trade players of value.
Not for a 3rd round pick we don't

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »

How would you trade Krakouer when he got delisted he was recruited by the WA state prison  ;D & is still a current player of that prison system  :rollin

I don't think you are following. There was a time in the Frawley era when Krakouer was highly rated for having the X-factor, people were seriously asking whether he could be as good as his dad & uncle, both WA clubs were interested and there were rumours he wouldn't mind going back to Perth. Everyone who watched him week in week out could see that he had no tank and no determination to be even a solid AFL player. But we held onto him in the hope he might come good.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »

I don't think you are following. There was a time in the Frawley era when Krakouer was highly rated for having the X-factor, people were seriously asking whether he could be as good as his dad & uncle, both WA clubs were interested and there were rumours he wouldn't mind going back to Perth. Everyone who watched him week in week out could see that he had no tank and no determination to be even a solid AFL player. But we held onto him in the hope he might come good.

i follow dont worry about that.

you are giving an example of Krackour was was a useless football and person to boot thats why he is where he is against Rance who may or may not make it, but looks okay so far.

His kicking looks terrible at times i agree, but maybe his not a defender maybe he is a forward, maybe it was all Terry's doing.

Last time i checked our side was full of skinny little weeds that cant hold or lay a tackle if their life depending on it. Rance is not one of them.

He is tall strong and can take a mark.

As i said give him another year if nothing changes then let him go. FFS what do you want a team of skinny little runts who also cant kick

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2009, 01:35:59 PM »
Tell me were joking right   ( RFC to trade Alex Rance)

theres not too many Daniel Rich's or Joel Selwood's around who come in and have a blinder in their first season
  Alex was banging the door down last year to get a game and when he got his oppertunity this year he did well
 Remember the game v the Lions  thats what we want to see in our young blokes  commitment with the body  (Dimma loves that sort of stuff)
If you blokes had your way we would swap out atleast 20 players every season
 come on fellas give the young blokes a chance  :banghead :banghead :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2009, 01:38:08 PM »
i wouldn't be calling Tambling off limits because of 5 good games he played mid year.

its all about consistency and he is yet to prove that.

just on not writing kids off at 21. I remember people on here saying that about Schulz.

i dont care if there 21 or 41 if they are not up to it they are gone.

Even though this is a "Rance thread" I cant let your Tambling comment go through to the keeper.
Only 5 good games ? From rd 6 to rd 17 Tambo played the type of football you would expect from a pick 4.
Unleash the tornado