Author Topic: This is now the Terry Wallace Hate Forum :'( ....or is there still hope!?  (Read 9990 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Kingsley kicked 8 goals in a game once against Essendon in 2004. By the time we recruited him he was on the AFL scrapheap. Terry then on the eve of the season made his famous 2011 comment and that we needed to virtually start from scratch yet proceeded to pick up Kingsley in the pre season draft  who was garbage. No biggie I suppose McMahon is no biggie either considering the bloke gets 20 touches and almost half hit a target so that won't affect his % on Champion data but the fact the bloke he disposes to gets tackled cause he's flat footed or has a man on him is of no concern to you. 2 Biggies by this regime.
Sure you cannot get rid of all the deadwood initially but when you have blokes like Riewoldt Edwards Polo Rance Connors Graham Hughes waiting to get a game but are continually kept out of the side by reactive coaching and the continual promotion of blokes like Bowden Pettifer Hyde Tivendale and co players who have been there but won't ever lead us to glory then what is that. If the media didn't crucify Tivs and Petts last week after the Adelaide game then I am sure TW would have kept them in some capacity. Remember he did the same thing after the Collingwood game when the media turned the screw on him and reacted by dropping Bowden and Pettifer then.
TW and GM have continually lied and re assessed their expectations for the worse as TW tenure has progressed. Any one here remember GM assessment in 2003 that our list would be right in 2007. Yeah lies and more lies and we can't keeping using Spud as the excuse and get out of gaol clause cause I don't hear the Schwab or Rohde clause being used at the Hawks or the Dogs.
As a club we persist and keep blokes for far too long who have shown little or nothing both on and off the field. If people think that Terry should stay as we don't need the issue of paying him out well that's fine from that point of you but this time next year when we will be struggling still with issues in terms of game plan skill playing the right players in the right spots as well as having a Plan B and C and a mental intencity that won't be exposed as it was in the second half against the Crows will the same people be wanting a contract extension.
In 3.5  years we have been horribly exposed by the better clubs with on field discipline and direction. Its not only about winning a certain number of games its about how you win and how you shape up the next time you meet the opposition as well as what you do differently or the same when you play the better teams. In Terry's tenure we have been flogged 4 times by over 100 point including our worst defeats to Dogs Saints Swans and Eagles and worst ever defeat to the Cats. Don't use the kids as the excuse.
Skill application are still a problem and will continue to do so. Coaching leaves alot to be desired and the fact that he is still spindoctoring and people are still buying it leaves alot to be desired. A couple of losses over the next few weeks and the season is shot and again a result indicative of the type of coaching  recruiting and player selection that has taken place and perhaps tanking against the Dees would have been the more beneficial path long term to take.
Alot of the players we have individually are talented and will be an asset so long as they are coached nurtured and played in the right way but alas again this seems to be a problem and you will find that boys like Connors Hughes don't get regular footy but blokes like Schulz do and if Howat was not suspended in rd 1 he'd be in the team too. Coached in the right way I think we have boys who can challenge and with a couple more inclusions our team can be a real threat but Terry is not the man to take us forward as his agenda is self preserving and self motivated as what guys like him and Miller are good at doing is preying on the soul of the success starved frustrated Richmond supporters and as long those two can fool the board use the excuses and fool the majority of fans whilst getting their pay cheque they will hold all those ppls blood which includes yours and mine for ransom for as long as he can possibly do it. Remember TW is on 600K a yr and God knows what Miller is on. For that reason alone these blokes will do anything to preserve their jobs in the eyes of the general public regardless of what the general consensus may be. 600K and 600K plus a year jobs don't grow on trees and if we were on a pay roll like that we would b/poo our way through that to justify our pay also.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
What would you call Mark Graham?
I call him a waste of a pick and a top up. Could have put a kid in his place from day 1 but a pick like Graham added with Kellaway and Gaspar proved he felt our backline was sound and thus of the notion that we could stem the tide and possibly make the 8. Hence appease the fans who have been starved of siccess and increase his mystique and aura that indeed yes he was the Messiah being ablr to turn things around so quickly.
 After a 7-2 start many believed him. Fooled us once. Injuries such as Brownys and some other to less notable players as well as us playing above ourselves and trying to impact and impress the new regime saw us fall 1.5 games out side the 8.
How about in 2006 many floggings from top 8 sides Dogs Saints Swans by over 100 pts. Eagles by 88. Still we finished 9th with a record of 11-11 and a percentage of 88% yet many thought the inveitable and we were to take the following step. Fooled us twice.

Rebuild came 2 years too late and yes some of our youngsters are okay and coming along nicely we still need to draw from the well of draft picks for a few more players. Don't let Terry fool you again that is all I am saying. Many psychologically call politicians liars and scumbags and find any conspiracy for any policy they come up with yet for some reason those same people remain loyal to footy coaches and recruiters merely because of peoples loyalties to a footy club and that they would never do anything to compromise it due to some misconception they have. Come on guys the man is selling us snake oil and when this partnership between club and coach end watch the vitriol come out of the car salesman mouth to undermine the club and its direction something he was not willing to reveal whilst he was getting a pay cheque. If he was a man he'd have stood up to it and done all this finger pointing earlier.
1 As for Graham, i think i already called him an older recruit.  But we lacked a bigger bodied defender in 05.  We had already recruited a whole bunch of kids.  See my earlier post.  Graham's influence is still being felt at the club: see Thursty's article earlier this year where he credits Gas and Graham for helping him learn the FB role.  He said he still speaks to them regularly.  Tell me which kid he kept out of the team in the 05 season? Answer = no one, as no one was ready to play senior footy.

2 How did drafting so many new players in 04 and 05 and playing them i might add...consitute not rebuilding.  Maybe you would have been happy drafting 38 new kids...had us lose every week then call for TW's head cos we lost each week. 

3 Not loyal to the coach cos i am loyal to the footy club.  I just see the plain facts: our recruiting was poor in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and we are paying the price now.  It is now that we dont have the 28, 27, 26, 25 and 24 yos to build a team around.  Last night on Footy Classifieds, Peter Jackson said that essendon are now paying the price for poor recruiting in 1999 to 2001.  Well our recruiting was worse over a longer period.

exactly

cameron cloke...what the hell is wrong with him...

he is playing great for carlton thr last few years and any day of the week i would have him over a pathetic kingsley.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

I call him a waste of a pick and a top up. Could have put a kid in his place from day 1 but a pick like Graham added with Kellaway and Gaspar proved he felt our backline was sound and thus of the notion that we could stem the tide and possibly make the 8. Hence appease the fans who have been starved of siccess and increase his mystique and aura that indeed yes he was the Messiah being ablr to turn things around so quickly.
 After a 7-2 start many believed him. Fooled us once. Injuries such as Brownys and some other to less notable players as well as us playing above ourselves and trying to impact and impress the new regime saw us fall 1.5 games out side the 8.
How about in 2006 many floggings from top 8 sides Dogs Saints Swans by over 100 pts. Eagles by 88. Still we finished 9th with a record of 11-11 and a percentage of 88% yet many thought the inveitable and we were to take the following step. Fooled us twice.

Rebuild came 2 years too late and yes some of our youngsters are okay and coming along nicely we still need to draw from the well of draft picks for a few more players. Don't let Terry fool you again that is all I am saying. Many psychologically call politicians liars and scumbags and find any conspiracy for any policy they come up with yet for some reason those same people remain loyal to footy coaches and recruiters merely because of peoples loyalties to a footy club and that they would never do anything to compromise it due to some misconception they have. Come on guys the man is selling us snake oil and when this partnership between club and coach end watch the vitriol come out of the car salesman mouth to undermine the club and its direction something he was not willing to reveal whilst he was getting a pay cheque. If he was a man he'd have stood up to it and done all this finger pointing earlier.
1 As for Graham, i think i already called him an older recruit.  But we lacked a bigger bodied defender in 05.  We had already recruited a whole bunch of kids.  See my earlier post.  Graham's influence is still being felt at the club: see Thursty's article earlier this year where he credits Gas and Graham for helping him learn the FB role.  He said he still speaks to them regularly.  Tell me which kid he kept out of the team in the 05 season? Answer = no one, as no one was ready to play senior footy.

2 How did drafting so many new players in 04 and 05 and playing them i might add...consitute not rebuilding.  Maybe you would have been happy drafting 38 new kids...had us lose every week then call for TW's head cos we lost each week. 

3 Not loyal to the coach cos i am loyal to the footy club.  I just see the plain facts: our recruiting was poor in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and we are paying the price now.  It is now that we dont have the 28, 27, 26, 25 and 24 yos to build a team around.  Last night on Footy Classifieds, Peter Jackson said that essendon are now paying the price for poor recruiting in 1999 to 2001.  Well our recruiting was worse over a longer period.

exactly

he is playing great for carlton thr last few years and any day of the week i would have him over a pathetic kingsley.

snipped (I didn't make sense myself)

can't hang it on daniel unless my fingers do what I tell them

:-[

exactly

snipped (I didn't make sense myself)

can't hang it on daniel unless my fingers do what I tell them

:-[

to do

Con65

Hellenic your post would have had a lot more merit if your first line was correct.  Kingsley kicked 8 in 2006 not 2004.  Further it was against North Melbourne not Essendon. Btw, 2006 was the season we drafted him.  see: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--kent-kingsley
Further, the rest of your post pretty much had the usual anti-Wallace emotional dribble.  Very little substance at all.  Very emotional language especially with gratuitous words like "lied". 

Daniel, yeah you are right Cameron Cloke is the answer.....I think NOT.  We already have a Cloke type player in Patto.  Prior to this year Cloke's stats were about half of what they are this year.  Even with double his output he is only comparable to Patto.  Note that every club other than Carlton with the last pick in the pre-season draft passed on Cloke.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

you know what makes me laugh about you MCMLXV and a few others on here, you make yourselves out to be some intellectual ambassadors for the english language or something and whoever on here spells a word wrong on this forum, well their stupid and dumb.

how about we do a meet up at the B&F and you can give me some hints on how to spell and get a job and make some real money because from what it seems you know everything.

Hellenic Tiger

Hellenic your post would have had a lot more merit if your first line was correct.  Kingsley kicked 8 in 2006 not 2004.  Further it was against North Melbourne not Essendon. Btw, 2006 was the season we drafted him.  see: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--kent-kingsley
Further, the rest of your post pretty much had the usual anti-Wallace emotional dribble.  Very little substance at all.  Very emotional language especially with gratuitous words like "lied". 

Daniel, yeah you are right Cameron Cloke is the answer.....I think NOT.  We already have a Cloke type player in Patto.  Prior to this year Cloke's stats were about half of what they are this year.  Even with double his output he is only comparable to Patto.  Note that every club other than Carlton with the last pick in the pre-season draft passed on Cloke.

You're right Kostandino he kicked 8 in rd 2 against Nth in 2006 he kicked 6 or 7 in rd 9 2004 against the Bombers. I stand corrected on that but not on what you call emotional dribble. We just have differing opinions on the matter regarding Terry plain and simple.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Poll is interesting
Yep.
Only a small cross section but is indicative of a noisy minority.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

listen up malaka busti pasta fogoli

what do you think i hope patto doesn't work?
do you think i get enjoyment seeing us lose. i just think patto needs a break and i dont think he will make it. Its my opinion and that is that.
what unlike some on here, i am happy to admit i am wrong if he comes out and bags 5 next week

you know what makes me laugh about you MCMLXV and a few others on here, you make yourselves out to be some intellectual ambassadors for the english language or something and whoever on here spells a word wrong on this forum, well their stupid and dumb.

how about we do a meet up at the B&F and you can give me some hints on how to spell and get a job and make some real money because from what it seems you know everything.

That would be "they're stupid and dumb" not "their stupid and dumb".

They're is a contraction of "they are" which is what you were trying to say/type.

Their means belonging to them/him/her.

And yes I do think you are what you say you are.

:thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
i dont sit here trying to get every word right like u my friend. its a forum not a spelling contest.

"ooh i said their and not there" ooh my god were you serious or are you perhaps a homosexual, not that there's anything wrong with that.

you need to get a life pal.

as i said ill be at the b&f this year so ill be more than happy to have a beer with you and then you can count the pimples on my face

this is all fun for me. if i agreed with you and ur mates stripes and smokey dawson all day long it will be very boring

jackstar

Poll is interesting
Yep.

I would suggest you have another look at the poll at read the questions, instead of having cheap shots at me

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

listen up malaka busti pasta fogoli

And you expect to be taken seriously?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

And you expect to be taken seriously?

Dawson listen to me carefully.
when it concerns the Richmond FC i am very passionate and have been since i was born but when some of you start correcting spelling and grammar errors, i mean come on mate, give me a break.

who cares i have fun and if you take me seriously or don't, do you actually think i care??

i am here to say what i think about the RFC not to ensure i spell correctly at all times.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Poll is interesting
Yep.

I would suggest you have another look at the poll at read the questions, instead of having cheap shots at me
It was a general assessment of the poll.   :) I read the questions and can't see how it could be seen otherwise, unless you'd rather call it a silent majority.

Cheap shots?  ???
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott