Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 39066 times)

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Robin Nahas [merged]
« Reply #285 on: August 09, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »
If he can't be cut now, what is the point of bagging him for playing good footy.  Most footballers have deficiencies.  You need to look at the other side of the ledger.  Great tackler, electric pace, fierce determination and ability to kick goals from anywhere.  That more than makes up for any perceived deficiencies.  If he stopped doing these things, then you would have a platform to whine.

If I used your method of assessing the list, I reckon Bartlett wouldn't have played a game.  Too small.  Too light.  CULATER.

You don't need 22 superstars to win a flag.  You need 22 players and a coach that perform better than their opponents on the day.  Nahas does that more often than not. 

You keep hammering the Morton/Pettifer angle like it means anything. They rarely tackled, never chased.  Completely different players.  But following your logic.  Did getting rid of them win us a flag?  Did getting rid of Bowden make us more flag friendly?  Did playing Tuck in the reserves last year make us more of a flag contender?  Cost us a finals series.  Did getting rid of Knights help Richmond or Essendon?  How many glass half full players have Melbourne cleared out.  The glass is completely empty now.  Is that what you want for Richmond.

What this club needs is a winning mentality.  Little guys like King and Nahas are winners.  We need more winners.  Edwards and Jackson and co are losers.  Doesn't really matter where they were picked in the draft.  They must go. 

The problem with Richmond is, nothing has changed.  They will keep wasting their draft picks recruiting more junior duds who will dissapear into one of the worst development systems in the league.  The only real hope is free agency and the brand of the football club luring ready made talent.

the claw

« Reply #286 on: August 09, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »
isnt this the robin nahas thread where we talk all things nahas not just the pretty rose coloured things.  isnt this where you either rate him or or you dont.

for you well you rate him good for you. me hes not good enough and never will be. hes another chapter or  part of the glass half full culture that people think will get us to finals but it never happens. hes capable of playing some good footy but he invariably doesnt stack up and drops away.
if you were to judge him only on his strenghts and lets face it they are few and his weaknesses which are many he would never ever get drafted.

you your happy to keep a player who you think, tackles well lol, electric pace no quicker than any other small worth his salt and if wanted get picky could complain about it., determiation i will grant you  that one he sure tries hard, lol kicks goals from anywhere now the blinkers are really on.  for everyone he gets lucky with his onesidedness and lack of penetration or precision costs us two or three.

me i fully expect him to have all of the above and.
 not be the most one sided player in the comp his left foot is non existant, especially for a small player relieng on making the most of every opportunity he really needs to be classy and hes far from that.
 . i expect his tackles to actually be  effective, your not looking to close if you dont see the numerous times hes just brushed aside.
  i expect the foot skill he has on the right to be exemplary because he has no left  but it lacks penetration and lets him down far too often.
 i expect him to hold his own in one on ones and when over the ball which does not happen and never will. i expect him to stay on his feet, and i expect as i do with any player like him to be a significant part of midfield rotations and we dont drop away to much.
as a 25 yo i expect him to be more involved and consistent in a game rather bobbing up now and then and in the main kicking a cheap goal.

all of these i consider basics and certainly expect them of most players let alone a  small we have on the list whos supposed to be mature and in his prime.

nope its your preogative to rate him and think we cant and shouldnt be aimimg for better its exactly that kind of thinking that has seen us mired in mediocrity.

finally there are plenty of good small players in the comp but in the main they are not anyhere near as limited as nahas with his skillset or his output. if you used my method of assesing the list you wouldnt be satisfied with the mediocre nahas but aiming for a better more rounded player.

you obviously get your knickers in a twist if anyone dares criticise a player you like.  well tough, he deserves criticism and i wont be changing my assesment of him ive seen more than enough of him to know if we want to improve as a side we need to do better then players with so many weaknesses in his game.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #287 on: August 09, 2012, 08:27:36 PM »
theres about a dozen players out of contract of which about 7 will be cut this yr. nahas is neither out of contract or one of the first 7 or 8 on the list that needs to go so we are not talking about this yr.

again its just my opinion but imo now is the time to really start making some hard decisions on the glass half fulls.

In a year or now?  Do you even know what you are saying? 

30+ goals in a side that's under performing isn't a glass half full performance by any stretch of the imagination.  Why don't you go into the Jackson and Edwards threads and stick the boot into them and come back here when and if Nahas performances ever reaches their levels on a consistent basis.
how hard is it to comprehend he cant be cut now but hes not a long term keeper because of his many many deficiencies.

From what you post, nearly impossible.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2012, 08:32:58 PM »
Robin Nahas is your classic kebab half-eaten type.

dwaino

« Reply #289 on: August 09, 2012, 08:55:46 PM »

The last half being the best due to all the sauce dripping down to the bottom, suggesting Nahas' best is still to come  :cheers

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #290 on: August 09, 2012, 09:02:49 PM »

The last half being the best due to all the sauce dripping down to the bottom, suggesting Nahas' best is still to come  :cheers

FFS, even Dwaino can see it :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2012, 09:23:39 AM »
The last half always ends up on your chest

therefore Cleve Hughes Mk II

the claw

« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2012, 08:26:08 PM »
been talking about how these glass half full types let us down because of their deficiencies. got me thinking people are hanging their hat on the fact nahas has kicked 30 goals this yr and ignore everything else.
i asked myself what has he done against the current top 8 sides as far as impacting the goals goes.

co - o goals
syd - 0 goals we won that game
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

total 8 goals  against top 8 sides.read into that what you will.
we complain about not getting over the line against the better sides we complain about our forward line not working well nahas is a part of those problems at least  against the better sides it seems

tony_montana

« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2012, 08:32:24 PM »
Didnt Stevie Milne have that problem for most of his career? (not sure now however) but recall Grant Thomas saying that was his weakness year in year out and funnily enough Milne will go down as one of the great small fwds. Small fwds tend to struggle against the better sides which is perfectly understandable

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #294 on: August 10, 2012, 09:14:43 PM »
been talking about how these glass half full types let us down because of their deficiencies. got me thinking people are hanging their hat on the fact nahas has kicked 30 goals this yr and ignore everything else.
i asked myself what has he done against the current top 8 sides as far as impacting the goals goes.

co - o goals
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

we complain about not getting over the line against the better sides we complain about our forward line not working well nahas is a part of those problems at least  against the better sides it seems

He averages 1.5 goals a game.  He betters that against 2 sides and just below against 3.  Not sure you're stats actually support your argument too much.  So 5 of 8 he's actually going to average.

The better sides are the better sides coz they win more games.  Thus they stop all our forwards not just Robbie.

the claw

« Reply #295 on: August 10, 2012, 11:56:30 PM »

co - o goals
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

He averages 1.5 goals a game.  He betters that against 2 sides and just below against 3.  Not sure you're stats actually support your argument too much.  So 5 of 8 he's actually going to average.

The better sides are the better sides coz they win more games.  Thus they stop all our forwards not just Robbie.
when 1.5 is the total  a .5 drop off is enormous  thats a  33.3% drop off against the better sides.

unbelievable the length supporters will go to defend their favorites.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #296 on: August 11, 2012, 12:59:33 AM »

co - o goals
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

when 1.5 is the total  a .5 drop off is enormous  thats a  33.3% drop off against the better sides.

And in 2 games way above average.  And we also won the hawks game.

And btw:  You need to learn comprehension.  No where in any of my posts have I claimed he's a favourite.  All I'm trying to do is create some objectivity.  I don't have to agree with you.  Didn't realise that was a site rule.  I assumed that one could have a discussion and post a differing point of view without being derided.

Pot-kettle-black at all.....

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2012, 01:03:36 AM »

co - o goals
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

I don't have to agree with you.  Didn't realise that was a site rule.  I assumed that one could have a discussion and post a differing point of view without being derided.Pot-kettle-black at all.....

Gee that is rich coming from you :cheers

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2012, 01:04:54 AM »
I have absolutely no stuffing idea what you're on about.

Persecution complex much....

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2012, 01:08:56 AM »
I have absolutely no stuffing idea what you're on about.

Persecution complex much....

You never could understand others or their opinions. Although I am sure you have a stat that proves me wrong here. :lol

Luke McGuane's career highlight = giving Kurt Tippett a bath. Even though Tippett kicked 4.4....

;D