Author Topic: Tyler Sonsie [merged]  (Read 40140 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyler Sonsie [merged]
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2022, 09:21:00 PM »
I think he will, was rated top 5 at one stage before losing favour

Injury iirc

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2022, 11:11:40 PM »
Missed out on the rising star nomination. Elijah Hollands got it this week with 23 disposals and two goals.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/816964/electric-elijah-suns-star-collects-rising-star-nomination

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2022, 09:35:33 PM »
Given he's wanted to see improvement in his defensive game, Dimma will be very happy with Tyler Sonsie having 22 pressure acts..(our 4th best behind Prestia, Rioli & KMac) on the weekend. Development.

https://twitter.com/Tigers_of_Old/status/1556451645923348480

Ran 15.2km as well, third most of any tiger and 5th on the ground.

Also 9 score involvements, second most on the ground. Having an impact!

https://twitter.com/merrrnique/status/1556455476594110466

Lol pressure acts can we have a break down of these all important pressure acts. You know the best pressure act of all is being capable of actually stopping a player with a tackle how many of those did he have.

Again not a go at Sonsie i love the kid but a go at stupid dumb spurios stats that are then used ad nauseum to convince people of what ever.

From what i can gather from both Afl games and VFL games he was getting picked because of defensive pressure.

I can see little difference from his Afl out put in this from his vfl output.

The kid has certain attributes that we just refused to acknowledge and thus refused to play him a lot earlier than we did.We looked for reasons not to play him when we had and still have far too many horrible kicks and decision makers.

This undersized skinny kid with no motor apparently has made em look silly.

But hey we get it we just cannot drop those underperformers who have played in premierships after all they are guaranteed a place forever.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2022, 10:12:14 PM »
Claw it's worth noting that our entire dynasty was pretty much based on pressure acts haha

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2022, 07:38:23 AM »
There would have been no dynasty if people like Claw were in charge.

Thankfully, self-absorbed Richmond-haters with false list management expertise were not running the show.  :pray

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2022, 09:48:26 AM »
Two year extension signed!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2022, 03:43:40 PM »
“Tyler came to us after only playing seven games in the past two years due to Covid,” Hartley said.

“He had a slower start with pre-season but has worked hard on his game in VFL and now we are starting to see the rewards at AFL level.

“It is a credit to Tyler and his approach how far he has come.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1194596/emerging-trio-sign-richmond-extensions

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2022, 06:46:18 AM »
Claw it's worth noting that our entire dynasty was pretty much based on pressure acts haha
mic drop!  :clapping
should’ve included one of these  :shh

The club that keeps giving.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2022, 04:04:41 PM »
Kid looks the goods  :cheers

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2022, 04:14:15 PM »
He is verrry classy this kid geez

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2022, 04:49:08 AM »
Cornes praising Sonsie's workrate on Footy Classified last night.

Go to 1:10 min mark: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1559157541690540034

"Do like Sonsie ... Defensive pressure there [in the centre] from a high half-forward, Richmond turn it over [our way at half-back] and this is a player who is just a footballer. He knows what he is doing. The workrate then to provide an option out on the wing. That's how you play the high half-forward role. I like him as a player. He's a ripper!" - Cornes.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2022, 03:48:59 PM »
Will be great as the Edwards replacement.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2022, 10:10:26 PM »

Thankfully, self-absorbed Richmond-haters with false list management expertise were not running the show.  :pray

Now thats a pretty  cheap and nasty  shot at a poster and deserves a like reply.

Personally i think dumb stupid totally unthinking posters like you are nuff nuffs but never  say it until poked.
Having been unjustly imo vilified On this occasion i think its warranted, you know a bit poo thrown a bit of poo back in ya face. So don't whine like a girl to the mods.

Rather than making up stories i challenge you to debate anything i post, have always been happy to do so. It will never happen with you though, imo  a  gutless blinkered poster who cries at any hint of criticism who sits back and takes cheap shots never prepared to have an opinion or put anything on the line.

You don't like what i post but have no come back to counter what i say so instead attack the poster. Yep a real nuff nuff.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2022, 01:13:38 AM »

Rather than making up stories i challenge you to debate anything i post, have always been happy to do so.

Now I don’t want it to seem like I’m stalking you, it just so happens you were the last 2 posts I read. But FMD that’s a right laugh there. Not sure what’s funnier, you saying you’re happy to debate or you accusing others of making up stories  :lol

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
!
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2022, 10:44:42 AM »

Now thats a pretty  cheap and nasty  shot at a poster and deserves a like reply.

Personally i think dumb stupid totally unthinking posters like you are nuff nuffs but never  say it until poked.
Having been unjustly imo vilified On this occasion i think its warranted, you know a bit poo thrown a bit of poo back in ya face. So don't whine like a girl to the mods.

Rather than making up stories i challenge you to debate anything i post, have always been happy to do so. It will never happen with you though, imo  a  gutless blinkered poster who cries at any hint of criticism who sits back and takes cheap shots never prepared to have an opinion or put anything on the line.

You don't like what i post but have no come back to counter what i say so instead attack the poster. Yep a real nuff nuff.

:lol

I have no issue with you calling me stupid or a nuff nuff. It's funny to me. Fill your boots mate!

Also, I have challenged your theories many times over the years, but it's a pointless exercise because you have no balance whatsoever in your views, no willingness to understand other peoples perspectives and no willingness to admit when you're wrong (which you are most of the time).

Anyway, let's be real, you barely go to games, you constantly bag our players and fans, you refer to our most successful coach ever as "Dimwit" and you show absolutely no sign of genuine affection for this cub at all.

The only thing you seen to care about is your self-inflated image as some sort of maverick list management guru.

So yes, you are the one poster on this site that I do question as a legitimate fan.

Nevertheless, I enjoy having you on here because your predicable, self-important rants are quite comical.  :cheers