Author Topic: Where is the list at?  (Read 13051 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Where is the list at?
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2009, 09:43:42 AM »
Tell you who I would trade.
Daniel Jackson.
He will win the B & F and have some value,
With Foley ,collins and Cotchin back next year.
Jackson is the one,
His turnovers last night killed us.

na mate then your trading mongrel out of the side. His one of only a handful of players who mount a fight.
loved it when he came in a shoved Franklin to the ground. Franklin looked up very suprised  ;D
The whole lot just need to be taken back to basics & pushed back to spewing up & make them remember how hard they worked to be drafted
Train them to the point again of learning how to contain their spew under preasure  :lol back to training camp  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2009, 10:53:07 AM »
Daniel Jackson is an average player. I would trade. Agree with Jacko here.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2009, 11:29:05 AM »
Tell you who I would trade.
Daniel Jackson.
He will win the B & F and have some value,
With Foley ,collins and Cotchin back next year.
Jackson is the one,
His turnovers last night killed us.

na mate then your trading mongrel out of the side. His one of only a handful of players who mount a fight.
loved it when he came in a shoved Franklin to the ground. Franklin looked up very suprised  ;D
The whole lot just need to be taken back to basics & pushed back to spewing up & make them remember how hard they worked to be drafted
Train them to the point again of learning how to contain their spew under preasure  :lol back to training camp  ;D

Forget about the mongrel
What I WONT forget is he kicking the ball to the opposition on 2 occassions last night in D50.
Make sure you take belongings are out of your locker after next week Daniel, as you wont be doing another pre season at Punt Rd.

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2009, 11:33:07 AM »
I agree with TigerMonk. Keep Daniel Jackson, you should always keep a player who improves THAT dramatically in one pre-season. It shows he has drive, desire and work ethic to improve. I don't know if decision making or skill consistency can improve, but having a player go from no in the best 22, to possible B&F winner is very rare, and shows the above qualities. For a team that seems to struggle with the mental aspect of AFL football, trading someone off who seems to have a great mental ability is something rare.

Just my 2 cents.

Ramps

« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
On another site they reckon Swans want Jackson and Veszpremi could be coming the other way. I would do this trade every day of the week. I consider such trade to be a major win for RFC if it happens. Veszpremi will become a good player imho. A player who will eventually get into a midfield rotation and who can kick goals.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2009, 11:40:37 AM »
I agree with TigerMonk. Keep Daniel Jackson, you should always keep a player who improves THAT dramatically in one pre-season. It shows he has drive, desire and work ethic to improve. I don't know if decision making or skill consistency can improve, but having a player go from no in the best 22, to possible B&F winner is very rare, and shows the above qualities. For a team that seems to struggle with the mental aspect of AFL football, trading someone off who seems to have a great mental ability is something rare.

Just my 2 cents.

He is worth some value to trade

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2009, 11:44:21 AM »

Just my 2 cents.

He is worth some value to trade

No doubting that at all. But I look at it this way, you circle the 8-9 first year players around players like Jackson and Cousins (I mean in terms of work ethic, not skill) and I think it sends a better and stronger message. I'm not saying that I think he should be 'untradeable' or that we shouldn't do a trade a season after this one, but as they so mental is to physical as 4 is to 1 in pro-sports, so keep the players with the best mental attitude.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »
Daniel Jackson is an average player. I would trade. Agree with Jacko here.
I agree, sure he runs hard but turns the ball over to much- trade if possible.
I haven't felt much at Richmond games lately but i was fuming last night when Jackson turned the ball over so badly.
Thanks but no thanks.

Ox

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »
as if they'll trsde club B&F

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
Forget about the mongrel
What I WONT forget is he kicking the ball to the opposition on 2 occassions last night in D50.
Make sure you take belongings are out of your locker after next week Daniel, as you wont be doing another pre season at Punt Rd.

Surely that is the fault of the player but the coach  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2009, 09:28:53 AM »
I am a fan of Jacko but he does have poor disposal, I can never see him being an A grade midfielder.  With his good year his trade value would be up and he is one player I would be putting out there for hopefully a high pick.

Our midfield core in future years will be Lids, Cotch, Foley, Tambling.  Would think we still need two more A grade midfielders in the mix, we will get one this year with pick 3 or 4 but an extra pick in the first round should be our main draft target this year.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2009, 08:14:30 PM »
Lids will win the B&F. Again.

Gigantor

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2009, 08:16:56 PM »
Chuck do you think tambling will be/is, an A grade midfielder?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »
Chuck do you think tambling will be/is, an A grade midfielder?

Is; Definitely Not

Will be; Only hoping, probably more likely to be a HFF or HBF with the ability to play in the midfield.  However he has been constantly improving since he started and I dont think he has hit full potential yet so at this stage I cant rule him out of being an A grade midfielder.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2009, 09:02:58 AM »

We traded a club captain and leading goalkicker in 1994, and got a 2 gun players in return.
Broderick and Gale ring a bell