Author Topic: Coburg vs Werribee  (Read 13667 times)

jackstar

Re: Coburg vs Werribee
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2008, 06:09:40 PM »

LOL resorting to childish comments because you can't handle a couple of simple FACTS that contradicted what you claimed  :rollin. Funny how you're so obsessed over Wallace you need to bring him into every topic when what I just said had nothing to do with him. Call me what you want Jack, I can tell you Connors was nowhere ready for senior footy due to a lack of match fitness whatever you want to say  :sleep. Morton, Jack, etc should never have been dropped for the same olds but Connors was running out of puff even at training FFS. But hey let's not FACTS get in the way of "mail"  ::).

Not childish at all. The kid was told he would get a game and he hasnt,end of story, dont bleed if he ends up at another club and does a dave rodan..
Not obsessed with Wallace either, just know after sitting behind him for 2 years he isnt the answer, end of discussion We will never climb the ladder with him. I rather have spud, at least you know where you stood, player wise ;)
Calling me a "wallace lover" is childish  ::). He'll be gone in 15 months so I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot. Rather spend the money in areas we need rather than pay deadmoney paying him out.

he will gone before this season is over not 15months

Same people that want to sack the coach because the team isnt winning are the ones that want to tank.

Cant have it both ways fools.

Its simple ,he cannot coach

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »

Mail is that Cleve kicked  4 in the first quarter and then was quiet

:gobdrop Wow - earth shattering that  ::)

And he didbnt kick another one until the final quarter.

Tried hard.

Was super impressed with Rance. But needs to string a few like yesterday together.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2008, 06:29:36 PM »

LOL resorting to childish comments because you can't handle a couple of simple FACTS that contradicted what you claimed  :rollin. Funny how you're so obsessed over Wallace you need to bring him into every topic when what I just said had nothing to do with him. Call me what you want Jack, I can tell you Connors was nowhere ready for senior footy due to a lack of match fitness whatever you want to say  :sleep. Morton, Jack, etc should never have been dropped for the same olds but Connors was running out of puff even at training FFS. But hey let's not FACTS get in the way of "mail"  ::).

Not childish at all. The kid was told he would get a game and he hasnt,end of story, dont bleed if he ends up at another club and does a dave rodan..
Not obsessed with Wallace either, just know after sitting behind him for 2 years he isnt the answer, end of discussion We will never climb the ladder with him. I rather have spud, at least you know where you stood, player wise ;)
Calling me a "wallace lover" is childish  ::). He'll be gone in 15 months so I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot. Rather spend the money in areas we need rather than pay deadmoney paying him out.

Same people that want to sack the coach because the team isnt winning are the ones that want to tank.

i am deeply offended, where have i ever mentioned the word tank !
you are a pathetic little man, and size matters!
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

jackstar

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »

Mail is that Cleve kicked  4 in the first quarter and then was quiet

:gobdrop Wow - earth shattering that  ::)

Its was two peoples opinions, both opposition scouts from other clubs.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »

Do it the way Carltank did it last year. Have the pressure build up when we lose to Melbourne. Then lose to Carlton in our centennary then in the Port game get blown away by 20 goals that should get the board holding an emergency meeting and sacking the solarium boy on the Tuesday. Even Blind Freddie or whoever will be the new coaching apointee will know straight away that losing the remainder 7 or 8 games is what the club must do to go forward in terms of solidifying and stablilising your list going forward and trying to fill the gaps in our list. Blues did it last year as much as we hated it and we must do it this year no ifs and buts. That way we can have it both ways. Tank and get rid of Terry b/c as long as Terry is here and feeling the heat he may try to coach us to a win which will mean sweet FA ultimately to him to the club and to the fans in a desperate and vain attempt to hang on to his job.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »
exactly MT.
our only hope is for TW to walk.

while he is there he will try everything to beat minnows melbourne, freo and the blues, because his job is at stake and he knows it..

its a sad sad day when i walk into the dome next week not caring what the score is but thats how i feel and thats the system
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »

Do it the way Carltank did it last year. Have the pressure build up when we lose to Melbourne. Then lose to Carlton in our centennary then in the Port game get blown away by 20 goals that should get the board holding an emergency meeting and sacking the solarium boy on the Tuesday. Even Blind Freddie or whoever will be the new coaching apointee will know straight away that losing the remainder 7 or 8 games is what the club must do to go forward in terms of solidifying and stablilising your list going forward and trying to fill the gaps in our list. Blues did it last year as much as we hated it and we must do it this year no ifs and buts. That way we can have it both ways. Tank and get rid of Terry b/c as long as Terry is here and feeling the heat he may try to coach us to a win which will mean sweet FA ultimately to him to the club and to the fans in a desperate and vain attempt to hang on to his job.

If he coaches the way he did on the weekend with a similar game plan, there isnt any hope for win in the near future unless we play a team of witches hats :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2008, 07:23:44 PM »

And you know that unlike you I don't give a rats about what other clubs scouts think. You seem to hang on every word they say  ;D

:lol I think you are onto something there Bentleigh-esque, if people want the tank then why oh why would you sack the coach  :whistle :clapping ;D

Anyway back to the topic which IIRC was Coburg -v- Werribeen ot another Wallace bashing exercise.

I didn't see much of the ressies - but I thought Danny Meyer is looking fitter every game. Rainesy & Casserley bith got through OK too.

jackstar

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2008, 07:28:07 PM »

And you know that unlike you I don't give a rats about what other clubs scouts think. You seem to hang on every word they say  ;D

I do, especially with 2 new AFL teams coming in . You will give a rats when we lose players

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »

:lol I think you are onto something there Bentleigh-esque, if people want the tank then why oh why would you sack the coach  :whistle :clapping ;D

Anyway back to the topic which IIRC was Coburg -v- Werribeen ot another Wallace bashing exercise.

I didn't see much of the ressies - but I thought Danny Meyer is looking fitter every game. Rainesy & Casserley bith got through OK too.

WP i thought u had some footy nous maybe i was wrong
the reason is simple wallace wants to win as many games as possible much like Pagan in his final year.
do you think TW has got tanking on his mind when he knows he needs to get runs on the board and fast.

however a new coach, fresh ideas would want to jump on the tank train.

a new coach would enforce the tank against the dees or freo in round 21, wheras TW knows he must win those games to keep the wolves at bay.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2008, 08:12:18 PM »
WP i thought u had some footy nous maybe i was wrong
the reason is simple wallace wants to win as many games as possible much like Pagan in his final year.
do you think TW has got tanking on his mind when he knows he needs to get runs on the board and fast.

however a new coach, fresh ideas would want to jump on the tank train.

a new coach would enforce the tank against the dees or freo in round 21, wheras TW knows he must win those games to keep the wolves at bay.

Daniel - there are 2 distinct questions here, for me at least.

1/ Do we tank or do we try and win? - After 26 years of being nowhere, the thought of tanking doesn't work for me. What does that teach the kids we currently have. Are you telling me to tank for the remainder of the year is going to be good for the likes of a Cotchin, who is going to be an absolute gun  ??? A player by the way was recruited by the current football department, who everyone keeps telling me on this board supposedly doesn't have the vaguest clue about anything?

FACTS are rightly or wrongly that in the last 2 weeks we have played 6 of the crappiest quarters of football ever - you tell me that the first half against wasn't OK? The fact that it was OK made the 2nd half all the more disgraceful IMHO.

However, whether people want to admit it or not until the Sydney game, there had been improvement, the game plan and excution of it was showing some promise. That's not spin doctoring that's what the results showed.

2nd question is do we sack the coach: Again just my opinion but I don't think it will achieve anything but appease people in the short term.

And then my answer to the question is who do we replace him with? K Sheedy and his cronies - please give me a break :chuck

I don't believe in sacking coaches, never have, never will because sacking a coach only fills the cracks, plugs the holes - it is the easiest way out and gee it makes everyone feel a bit better for a little while. But what happens in 2 years, 3 years time and we are still here tapping away here frustrated because again we think nothing has changed

Again and this just IMHO there a few players that should go before the coach does but to do that I suppose it's all a bit difficult isn't it.

As I said it's just my opinion but I will give you one of these  :thumbsup Daniel because at least you have been super consistent in your dislike of Wallace

jackstar

« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »
I am against tanking.
Reason being other clubs can re group eg Brisbane ,Port, Kangaroos, Collingwood etc
As for the coach, I sat behind him and worked with him for 2 years, he has to go..
You know why I am so angry and mad at the moment? Wallace is ruining the place and people are letting him get away with it.
If you think instructing players to kick the ball 10-15 metres is the right way to go, we might as well relocate to the gold coast.
He isnt the person to take us anywhere.
He ruined the bulldogs and doing the same with us.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2008, 08:19:54 PM »
Looks like Jack and his apologist are back with avengence.   :banghead

jackstar

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »
I laugh when people think we have improved. :lol
The bottom four sides are terrible, we aint improved.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2008, 08:42:51 PM »
Who have we beaten ppl. Freo 1 win Essendon 2 wins and we beat them last yr also and Carlton who are a better side now than they were at the start of the year when we beat them. Now if we win 5.5 games for the year and finish 14th or 13th statistically are we better than we were last year when the only difference to our side from last yr was that Cotchin was actually playing? We aint better far from it if anything we are worse the last 2 weeks have seen to this.

TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK