Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1073229 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #7290 on: Yesterday at 09:26:18 AM »
Cotchin on tv says there’s a 0-1% chance he plays for gcs as well so I guess maybe this is all manufactured from Schwartz McClure and co?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #7291 on: Yesterday at 07:13:07 PM »
Lol Bartel.

Hearing from those fairly close to Dusty inner circles. Cotchin, Cooney. All would be blown away if he plays for GC.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7292 on: Yesterday at 07:16:29 PM »
Cotchin on tv says there’s a 0-1% chance he plays for gcs as well so I guess maybe this is all manufactured from Schwartz McClure and co?

VIDEO: https://x.com/7AFL/status/1836375419072786771

Trent Cotchin pours cold water on Dustin Martin reports

But former Tigers captain Cotchin - who won three premierships alongside Martin at Richmond - told Channel Seven's 'Talking Footy' on Tuesday night there was next to no chance of the three-time Norm Smith Medallist coming out of retirement to play for the Gold Coast, or any other club. "I think there is a zero to one per cent chance that he pulls on a Suns guernsey, or any other guernsey for that matter," Cotchin said.

"But in saying that you can understand why the likes of Gold Coast and Dimma (Hardwick) are teasing the idea of maybe it eventuating. I don't know why and maybe you guys have opinions on why it might help their footy club but they're not in finals but they're in the papers every day and it builds awareness on the footy club.

"There's probably a part of me that hopes it doesn't happen because of the love I have and that I think it would be nice for him to end up being a one-club player with the Richmond footy club. But footy is a bloody tough game and to move and maybe that's the fresh start he needs but to move away in a new environment where they're building and it's going to look a lot different to the latter stages of his career looked like at the Tigers, it's a big call."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/trent-cotchin-drops-staggering-claim-about-why-dustin-martin-isnt-coming-out-of-retirement-214422955.html