Author Topic: David Astbury [merged]  (Read 260297 times)

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: David Astbury [merged]
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 03:47:10 PM »
I also think a 195cm-196cm key defender should be targetted. Whether its now or next year, we need a bigger sized key defender.

hopefully we're looking at kyle hartigan for the psd or rookie draft.  he fits the bill.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »
What postion do expect Astbury to play this season?

Coburg CHF ?

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 03:47:13 PM »
What postion do expect Astbury to play this season?

Coburg CHF ?

from the club...

"David was at his best up forward in round 5 against the Western Jets where he tallied 18 possessions, 12 marks and 3 goals from centre half forward. He was regularly thrown back and forward during the same game where he was needed to provide a strong presence for his team in a key position.
A member of the Vic Country side in the NAB U18 National Championships, David was again used in a mix of forward and defending roles where he averaged 14 possessions and 4 marks per game.

David is a very long and cool kick of the football and makes good decisions in the heat of battle. He has high kick efficiency and also an excellent long kick ratio to break lines and zones. He has very clean hands in the air and at ground level, highlighting his ability to be an option in defence or attack.

The club will be looking to further develop David in the key positions with a continued focus on his aerial ability and long kicking game."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/david%20astbury/tabid/15507/default.aspx

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »
in his own words...
"David Astbury is an agile tall who can kick goals and is a very good over-head mark. He has a good lead and will normally end up with the ball in his hands when the ball travels in the air to his area. Astbury sees himself as more of a leading half-forward in the Riewoldt mould than as a defender."

http://www.contestedfooty.com/2009/11/david-astbury-2009-afl-draft-prospect.html

:cheers

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 08:19:35 PM »
i agree with young david himself.  CHF would be great

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 06:23:04 AM »
Astbury didn't dominate by no means but both in the intra-club and last night he's shown some promising signs for the future as a KPP. A bonus that he has good footskills for a tall and seems to have a natural feel for the game. If he can turn snippets into 4 quarter efforts then at pick 35 he'll end up a steal.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

TigerTimeII

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 09:14:40 AM »
yep

and i think farmer will be a good get also

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
yep

and i think farmer will be a good get also

Agree showed some good signs last night

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 10:47:14 AM »
I liked the way Astbury went about it last night, offered a contest when ever he could and had some nice skills. Long way to go but at least he has size and the basic core of footballer!
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Ramps

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 11:05:39 AM »
Our recruits all showed something last night. Maybe our recruiting is finally on track.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 12:00:29 PM »
The only way Astbury will learn is if he gets game time week in week out. Had some nice touches and that goal in the first quarter was classy.

Farmer too was okay. We need to persevere with these kids.
Astbury's disposal looked okay also. Something that senior footy will enhance over the season also. Need to get Griffiths into the senior side ASAP as the kids of the ilk of Taylor Griffiths Astbury are the future. Polak lamentably can't cut it. Fantastic and a great achievement he is where he is but we can't play him now for the sake of being humane and sympathetic. Time to be ruthless.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 12:06:20 PM »
Big fan of Astbury and thought he was a shining light last night. Seems to have a great feel for the game with lovely disposal.  :thumbsup Needs to be placed in the forwardline as a 3rd/4th tall. I agree with people judgment on Polak - looks out of place.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 02:36:02 PM »
Astbury   >>  Polak

Gourdis looks like a goer as well.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 02:56:41 PM »
Astbury will be a good player, exactly what we need

In fact our best players last night were our latest recruits.

Its the older ones who make me sick with their rubbish. Newman/Sugar leading by example again
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2010, 12:18:26 AM »
Our recruits all showed something last night. Maybe our recruiting is finally on track.

i agree Ramps! Hardwick said before the match "to show our supporters what are new players have to offer!"

i think he could feel a smashing!

Wayne Campbell was coach on Saturday Night wasn't he?

Hardwick was at the back writting down notes.

:)