Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 110994 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Troy Taylor accused of NYE assault (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2010, 07:15:10 PM »
A slap to the face seems a strange thing to do when asked to leave a party. Wonder what was said to the kid to get such a reaction?

Thinking about it it was a week ago and no charges have been laid, even though witnesses have had statements taken. Doesn't seem to be as cut and dried as the article tries to make out.

This story came from the local rag, and I know of one recent story where they only got one side of the story. They printed that a man was attacked with a brick and was also threatened with a samurai sword. According to the accused, he was threatened with the sword and used a shovel to defend himself. The paper never even tried to interview him. It really is a poor excuse for a paper.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ramps

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
if i was man-handled for being on street that was being used by the public to get peeed on,i would smack the prick in the mouth too.
Only weak pricks get in the ambulance after a tap.
LMAO@ One guy going to hospital.
Payout Pete-king of the NT doll bludgers.

I have a theory-if it's one on 3,then go the one!!!

Our supporters are attacking our player for no reason at all. I support Brackets on this. RFC has been full of softies for 3 decades. Its about time we had afew players with mongrel.  :gotigers

Ox

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2010, 07:21:23 PM »
A slap to the face seems a strange thing to do when asked to leave a party. Wonder what was said to the kid to get such a reaction?

Thinking about it it was a week ago and no charges have been laid, even though witnesses have had statements taken. Doesn't seem to be as cut and dried as the article tries to make out.

This story came from the local rag, and I know of one recent story where they only got one side of the story. They printed that a man was attacked with a brick and was also threatened with a samurai sword. According to the accused, he was threatened with the sword and used a shovel to defend himself. The paper never even tried to interview him. It really is a poor excuse for a paper.

Thats rite big Al.
It's largely media driven and mostly sparked by an epson printer newspaper.
Aussie media are such fu cken dogs.
Interesting watching,as Ramps highlighted,how many off,"Us" are taking the other side.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »
I have been thinking about this "story" alot during the course of the day. Due to work commitments I haven't been able to get on the board until now.

We all have a view but as I said this morning - let's get all the facts before we hang the kid out to dry.

Before I go on I want to make it very clear I do not condone any violence, actually my family will tell you I absolutely abhor violence and have no tolerance to it and believe that our society is not tough on the thuggish behaviour that appears to the norm rather than the exception these days.

Having said that I have read the article a number of times and my reaction to it has not change at all from when I first read it this morning.

My very first reaction when I read the article was that something just doesn't seem right with the allegations. Why? There just appears to be so many holes in the alledged events that it just doesn't make sense.

One of the alledged victims (Parkinson) claims that he was slapped by Taylor when he asked him to leave?

Sorry blokes don't slap other blokes. And I agree Al it seems a strange thing to do if you've been asked to leave a party

Then he (Parkinson) reckons he grabbed Taylor by the shirt and marched him onto the road and only once he let him go did Taylor hit him. What the? Sorry that doesn't make sense - got to be more to it than that

That hit supposedly sent Parkinson to the ground and then it wasn't until after he got up did he get hit again.

Ever seen some of the fights in the city? I have sadly and I don't recall seeing teenage thugs throw punches and then wait for someone to get up until they throw another one. 

And the obvious one - what a coincidence it is must be that the one person that Mr Parkinson decided to approach from the gatecrashers was Troy Taylor - truly amazing

And finally and Al has mentioned this - why after a week haven't the police charged anyone? If this was such an open and shut case surely they would have charged someone?

As far as I am concerned Troy Taylor is innocent until proven otherwise and he is a Richmond player that has my support. If it turns out that the allegations are true - then the law will determine the kids future

:gotigers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2010, 08:58:13 PM »
3 vs 1

this kid is a ninja  8)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »
lol and he showed em the pill while he did it... :whistle  wonder if Hardwick will tell him off for showboating.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »
I have been thinking about this "story" alot during the course of the day. Due to work commitments I haven't been able to get on the board until now.

We all have a view but as I said this morning - let's get all the facts before we hang the kid out to dry.

Before I go on I want to make it very clear I do not condone any violence, actually my family will tell you I absolutely abhor violence and have no tolerance to it and believe that our society is not tough on the thuggish behaviour that appears to the norm rather than the exception these days.

Having said that I have read the article a number of times and my reaction to it has not change at all from when I first read it this morning.

My very first reaction when I read the article was that something just doesn't seem right with the allegations. Why? There just appears to be so many holes in the alledged events that it just doesn't make sense.

One of the alledged victims (Parkinson) claims that he was slapped by Taylor when he asked him to leave?

Sorry blokes don't slap other blokes. And I agree Al it seems a strange thing to do if you've been asked to leave a party

Then he (Parkinson) reckons he grabbed Taylor by the shirt and marched him onto the road and only once he let him go did Taylor hit him. What the? Sorry that doesn't make sense - got to be more to it than that

That hit supposedly sent Parkinson to the ground and then it wasn't until after he got up did he get hit again.

Ever seen some of the fights in the city? I have sadly and I don't recall seeing teenage thugs throw punches and then wait for someone to get up until they throw another one. 

And the obvious one - what a coincidence it is must be that the one person that Mr Parkinson decided to approach from the gatecrashers was Troy Taylor - truly amazing

And finally and Al has mentioned this - why after a week haven't the police charged anyone? If this was such an open and shut case surely they would have charged someone?

As far as I am concerned Troy Taylor is innocent until proven otherwise and he is a Richmond player that has my support. If it turns out that the allegations are true - then the law will determine the kids future

:gotigers

very sensible post WP.  I agree with you wholeheartedly.  the story has more holes than stale swiss cheese

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »
is the matter is true we should drop him club doesnt want bad press. and it'll show all our other youngsters if you muck up and break the law we wonte have you at our club.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers wait and see on Troy Taylor (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2010, 11:56:29 PM »
Tigers wait and see on Troy Taylor
Bruce Matthews
Herald Sun January 08, 2010

RICHMOND will await a report from a police investigation before deciding whether to take any action against teenage draftee Troy Taylor.

Taylor, who is back training with the Tigers this week, will have to return to Alice Springs if he is charged and ordered to face court for a New Year's Eve incident.

Richmond yesterday told the AFL that Taylor, pick No. 51 in the national draft, was being investigated for alleged assault at a party in Alice Springs in which one man was taken to hospital.

"The Richmond Football Club takes any allegation of player misbehaviour very seriously," a club statement said yesterday.

"Richmond has been in contact with the AFL and has informed it of the club's knowledge of the matter. As the matter is currently being investigated by the Northern Territory police, the club will make no further comment until this investigation is complete."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/racing/tigers-wait-and-see-on-troy-taylor/story-e6frfg96-1225817153351

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2010, 12:13:36 AM »

Are people not allowed to have an opinion here?

Fool, what I said has SWA to do with opinions, it has to do with us as supporters changing our culture and supporting our players.... clearly you haven't!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2010, 02:19:29 AM »

Are people not allowed to have an opinion here?

Fool, what I said has SWA to do with opinions, it has to do with us as supporters changing our culture and supporting our players.... clearly you haven't!!!!!

You come out and call me a fool because I ask you a question? No wonder why you're the joke of this forum. ;D Every time I come on here you're having a go at someone for not supporting the club or the players. Why tell people how to post? Hey WAT, need I remind that you hang poo on Shane Edwards all the time? Should I go and find some of your posts saying he's not fit to wear the jumper or saying he's useless? Not that I have a problem with you saying that, it's your opinion. I won't tell you what to think (nor will I tell anyone else how to think), so why do you keep bitching and moaning when someone doesn't think your way? If this story does turn out to be true, then would you expect everyone to come out and support Taylor and back him? Would you back Troy if he belted a family member of yours?

I expect you will never, ever criticise a player harshly ever again. That might hurt their feelings  ;) ;D

Hypocritical tosser.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »
Stop with the personal insults ppl  :banghead and stick to the topic!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger pick may be in more strife (Age)
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2010, 04:06:27 AM »
Tiger pick may be in more strife
Martin Boulton
January 8, 2010

RICHMOND's gamble on teenage recruit Troy Taylor could be in danger of backfiring even before the pacy forward's first pre-season at Punt Road.

Taylor, 18, is the subject of a police investigation in the Northern Territory after an incident in Alice Springs on New Year's Eve.

Police spokeswoman Theresa Kuilboer said yesterday that no arrests had been made, but police were investigating an incident "involving several people" in which three males aged 33, 39 and 47 were injured.

Richmond has told the AFL about the matter and released a statement saying it "takes any allegation of player misbehaviour very seriously", but would not comment until after the police investigation.

Taylor was taken by the Tigers with pick 51 in last year's national draft after interest was also shown by Collingwood, Fremantle, Port Adelaide and North Melbourne.

The Gold Coast, which for the moment has first option on young Queensland and NT players, was also interested, but Taylor opted to try his luck in the draft.

He was picked up by the Tigers less than a year after spending four months in a juvenile detention centre in Darwin.

Before the draft he spoke to The Sunday Age about the night he helped some friends rob a service station, being placed on a good-behaviour bond and getting into fights, which ultimately led to him being locked up.

Taylor was still on parole when he entered the November national draft and his management worked with the AFL and AFL Players' Association to help facilitate his transfer interstate.

His athleticism, ball handling and ability to win contested possession caught the eye of recruiters.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-pick-may-be-in-more-strife-20100107-lwsc.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2010, 07:19:43 AM »
Great post WP  :clapping.

Sorry blokes don't slap other blokes.
Unless your name is John "Sammy" Newman on Billy Barrot  :wallywink

That's the one that doesn't make sense to me either  ???. Makes out Troy goes from some feeble kid who can be dragged away easily by the collar into suddenly some ultimate fighter in a scene from a Steven Seagal movie who can down 3 blokes twice his size in 30 seconds without getting a scratch on him.

Manhandling someone is assault in itself is it not? Perhaps that may have something to do as to why charges haven't been laid in over a week? The incident maybe being viewed as just a run-of-the-mill fight at a party when both sides are at fault. Who knows! We'll have to wait until the police investigation is completed to find out.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2010, 08:32:29 AM »
I just keep wondering if something was said to Troy that upset him. I suppose it will all come out in the wash.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI