Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118301 times)

tony_montana

Re: Troy Taylor gone home
« Reply #750 on: March 31, 2011, 08:37:07 PM »
how do you explain within 2 months we have had 2 players go walk about. Roberts being the other.

Newsflash for you daniel;

1. He didn't walk out - FACT
2. He was released in July/August 2010 by the club - which btw the majority on here thought was the right call by the club  

Wasnt he living on his own before Morton took him under his wing. Great move that one.

NO he wasn't. He was with a host family when he first came to Melb and he moved out to move in with Mitch

But hey don't let a few facts get in the way of a good rant  :thumbsup

And btw I find it funny how everyone is carrying on about this and what the club should do when none of us have a clue as to what the personal reasons are....

Would love to know what would be deemed to be acceptable personal reasons for people on here

Isn't anyone going to answer this one  ;D

Lot of assuming going on here as to why he has asked to be allowed to go home.

Reality is no one here knows the reasons and until we do the ranting is based on guess work

WP thats not being answered bc really who gives an eff? He seems to be the only player that needs to go home and sort stuff out, once for extenuating circumstances one can accept, twice in 6 months smells rotten. Not worth the hassle, sounds cold but I really dont give a stuff anymore. Waste of time, he's grossly overated anyhow

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #751 on: March 31, 2011, 08:51:11 PM »
WP thats not being answered bc really who gives an eff? He seems to be the only player that needs to go home and sort stuff out, once for extenuating circumstances one can accept, twice in 6 months smells rotten. Not worth the hassle, sounds cold but I really dont give a stuff anymore. Waste of time, he's grossly overated anyhow

Look I have idea why he has gone this time but everyone is assuming the reasons why... 

Simply the only reason I am asking tony_m is what happens this time round if he has gone home because there is something seriously wrong (eg a severely ill family member) isn't the kid allowed to go home for that?

Last year Alroy Gilligan went home indefinitely because his grandmother was gravely ill (she did pass away) and alot of people on here were scathing on him saying he had walked on the club because the club said he gone home for "personal reason" and gave (rightly IMHO) no definitive explaination. Then rumour mongers started suggesting he had simply walked out. So based on rumours rather than fact because no on at the time knew why he'd gone the   criticism directed at him was so far off the mark it wasn't funny

As I said we don't know the real reason why he's gone this time but it seems to me that it would matter what the reasons are they wouldn't be valid anyway
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #752 on: March 31, 2011, 08:58:31 PM »

Look I have idea why he has gone this time but everyone is assuming the reasons why... 

Simply the only reason I am asking tony_m is what happens this time round if he has gone home because there is something seriously wrong (eg a severely ill family member) isn't the kid allowed to go home for that?

Last year Alroy Gilligan went home indefinitely because his grandmother was gravely ill (she did pass away) and alot of people on here were scathing on him saying he had walked on the club because the club said he gone home for "personal reason" and gave (rightly IMHO) no definitive explaination. Then rumour mongers started suggesting he had simply walked out. So based on rumours rather than fact because no on at the time knew why he'd gone the   criticism directed at him was so far off the mark it wasn't funny

As I said we don't know the real reason why he's gone this time but it seems to me that it would matter what the reasons are they wouldn't be valid anyway

Is it really that hard(or bad) for the club to come out and say a family member is gravely ill etc? I dont think there would be one person who wouldn't sympathise in those type of circumstances, msgs of support would come in thick and fast and show Troy what being part of the tiger family is all about(would actually help lift the spirits imo). Until then people will assume the worst especially if the said person has history like TT. Maybe I should put down "if its what i think it is, ie just too bloody lazy to fully commit to AFL footy, then I will be ropable that the club is even giving him the chance".   ;)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #753 on: March 31, 2011, 08:59:10 PM »
how do you explain within 2 months we have had 2 players go walk about. Roberts being the other.

2. He was released in July/August 2010 by the club - which btw the majority on here thought was the right call by the club  

Wasnt he living on his own before Morton took him under his wing. Great move that one.

NO he wasn't. He was with a host family when he first came to Melb and he moved out to move in with Mitch

And btw I find it funny how everyone is carrying on about this and what the club should do when none of us have a clue as to what the personal reasons are....

Would love to know what would be deemed to be acceptable personal reasons for people on here

Reality is no one here knows the reasons and until we do the ranting is based on guess work

Grossly overated  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #754 on: March 31, 2011, 09:06:12 PM »
I'm disappointed but not gutted.
The boy barely played senior footy in the last 12 months and although he showed flashes of glimpses the kid was still 19 or so. Yeah if he stayed he would have been worth the risk. Lets keep the kid on the list and see what we can get out of it in terms of a trade if indeed it is determined it is the our club that is the issue or its another club that he wants to be at e.g in S.A or W.A.

I would not think it is our club personally as we have stood by the boy and all the issues but maybe in the long run this may be a good thing as him staying when he does not want to be here may bring down morale at the club.

Lets worry how we can benefit from this from now on and if he does not want to be here goodbye and good luck.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: March 31, 2011, 10:38:18 PM »
i blame no one but our club for failing yet another Indigenous boy. What the hell is wrong with us :banghead :banghead :banghead
There is nothing wrong with us.
To say the club has failing another indigenous boy is just rubbish we have bent other backward sfor this boy and he would be injail now if it was not for us. So get off your high horse.
By the way which other kids have we failed?The kid has no idea what he wants to do and has gone walk about again.
After all there is a reason he was taken late in the draft.

Depends how far you want to go back. Think this is our biggest problem - welfare and development, which feeds the culture of the club.
Players I think we have failed since 2000:
Krak, McGrath, Rodan, Sipthorp, Schulz, Weller, Raines, Hartigan, Roach, Gilmore, Limbach, Polo, Pattison, Meyer, Tambling, Humm, Casserley, Hughes, JON, Collins, Peterson, Collard, Putt, Roberts, Taylor, Gilligan.....
Think all those players could have made the grade but did not get the support to reach their peak.

And this is the thing that freaks me about the FTF.
First we deal with the oval, then the TPP, then the seconds team and lastly the area of development (if we have any money left for that).
We are losing players and failing to develop others and we worry about the surface of Punt Road. Scary prioritizing.

complete disgrace that the money is used on development as a last resort. I just cant understand that i really cant.

we have a serious problem, a problem thats been around for 30 years, that only money can fix

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #756 on: March 31, 2011, 10:43:09 PM »
i blame no one but our club for failing yet another Indigenous boy. What the hell is wrong with us :banghead :banghead :banghead
To say the club has failing another indigenous boy is just rubbish we have bent other backward sfor this boy and he would be injail now if it was not for us. So get off your high horse.
By the way which other kids have we failed?The kid has no idea what he wants to do and has gone walk about again.

Depends how far you want to go back. Think this is our biggest problem - welfare and development, which feeds the culture of the club.
Krak, McGrath, Rodan, Sipthorp, Schulz, Weller, Raines, Hartigan, Roach, Gilmore, Limbach, Polo, Pattison, Meyer, Tambling, Humm, Casserley, Hughes, JON, Collins, Peterson, Collard, Putt, Roberts, Taylor, Gilligan.....
Think all those players could have made the grade but did not get the support to reach their peak.

First we deal with the oval, then the TPP, then the seconds team and lastly the area of development (if we have any money left for that).
We are losing players and failing to develop others and we worry about the surface of Punt Road. Scary prioritizing.

complete disgrace that the money is used on development as a last resort. I just cant understand that i really cant.

we have a serious problem, a problem thats been around for 30 years, that only money can fix
You really just kick off on any issue you can
Please point out where the club has said the FTF money put development last?
Without looking it up, the words the club used for the remaining funds if they raised the target $6mil was "elite performance", I'd hardly consider them putting development coaches last on the list based on the use of that term

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #757 on: March 31, 2011, 10:45:32 PM »

sorry WP if he didnt go home then where did he go. He has left and with Roberts 2 completely wasted draft picks

We are not in a position to waste draft picks and those 2 have been a waste.

Throw in Hislop and you have to wonder what the hell were we thinking. The risks were there for all to read and see yet we took him in and left him with a host family to adjust to life in Melbourne

We have a serious development and IMO is why we constantly fail as a football club

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #758 on: March 31, 2011, 10:47:49 PM »
They were known to be risky picks which is why they didn't use early ones on them
For Geez sake you would think Roberts & Taylor were picks 1 & 2 the way you are reacting

Name one club who has a 100% success rate with their picks?

It was being conservative with our picks and not wanting a player that could be a complete bust which caused us to take Tambling over Franklin. He had massive question marks over his attitude which is why he slipped to Pick 5.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #759 on: March 31, 2011, 10:53:54 PM »
They were known to be risky picks which is why they didn't use early ones on them
For Geez sake you would think Roberts & Taylor were picks 1 & 2 the way you are reacting

Name one club who has a 100% success rate with their picks?

It was being conservative with our picks and not wanting a player that could be a complete bust which caused us to take Tambling over Franklin. He had massive question marks over his attitude which is why he slipped to Pick 5.

Listen mate i want this club to be the best, but to lose 2 blokes so early in their short careers is a waste.

Last time i checked we dont have depth so every pick is crucial and e dont need to take risks like we did here.

We recruited one bloke who was eating hamburgers at Coburg and another who has gone home for the second time in 3 months.

You think we dont have a problem in development, well your in denial

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #760 on: March 31, 2011, 11:14:13 PM »
Both guys have been fringe players at best Daniel.

It is unfortunate both players have gone back home but I would rather have kids who want to be here than kids who are off back home every few months. I thought the club handled this well and did what they have to do.

I wouldn't let a few kids who just did not want to follow the straight and narrow path to tarnish the Hardwick regime in terms of selection. Lets just wait and see how Nason Webberley Martin Dea Astbury Griffiths Batchelor Derickx Conca Helbig and anyone elese who I have failed to mention develop over the next few years before we start bringing out old chestnuts from the past that have defined the RFC.

I am positive not every kid that has been selected in the draft or Dimma has brought in post the end of the 2009 season will play 200 games. Would be nice but I do not think so. Let's just wait and see and lets not black mark a bloke 23 games into a 66 game contract who hasn't done much wrong in the first 23 games IMHO.

the claw

« Reply #761 on: March 31, 2011, 11:31:03 PM »
we knew the risk when we drafted him its why he dropped to 51 and us. i wonder if we dont regularly take players too early. its not just taylor but some much earlier picks as well.

personally for me craig cameron should go so should francis jackson.  i dont say this lightly but ive seen enough of cameron at both melbourne and richmond. want to win a premiership we have to upgrade. just like we do with half our list.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #762 on: March 31, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »

Punt Rd Oval surface is a paddock and needs a complete resurfacing. We can't have players missing 6 weeks of preseason training as Postie did just because the oval surface is a injury-trap. We were so far behind in every area that every area needed revamping from the 1970s into the 21st century.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #763 on: March 31, 2011, 11:55:35 PM »
Well it's a real shame, lets hope he gives it one more go at least. Unfortunately I feel can't let his family go, or they won't let him go....I could be wrong though.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #764 on: April 01, 2011, 12:21:43 AM »

Yep us on the outside can only guess.

Danny Daly provided some answers just over a week ago to some of the questions repeated in this thread. Given these responses were only a week back we can only guess something has happened or changed in the past 7 days for Troy to leave again.

[Comment From pablo: ]
just how good could troy taylor be if he gets his head right ?

First of all, Troy's mental state is not of a concern to the football club. Troy has the capabilities to be a very good player for us in the future. Over the past month he has really got back to training hard and has gotten over a couple of injury concerns he had and you'll find that he will be in our senior side in the coming weeks.

[Comment From Guest: ]
Is their any reason why the club stopped recruiting Indigenous players

The club doesnt have a philosophy of not recruiting indigenous players, if anything our recruiting staff spend a lot of time searching for indigenous players throughout the Northern Territory and Australia. Unfortunately this year any players that were of interest were grabbed before we had the opportunity to take them, but moving forward I think you'll see that there will be further indigenous players drafted.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=12700.0
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd