Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118294 times)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Troy Taylor gone home
« Reply #765 on: April 01, 2011, 01:39:40 AM »
They were known to be risky picks which is why they didn't use early ones on them
For Geez sake you would think Roberts & Taylor were picks 1 & 2 the way you are reacting

Name one club who has a 100% success rate with their picks?

It was being conservative with our picks and not wanting a player that could be a complete bust which caused us to take Tambling over Franklin. He had massive question marks over his attitude which is why he slipped to Pick 5.
wrong there Infamy. Hawthorn knew that we didn't want Franklin because he was "hard to handle". Hawthorn knew we wanted Roughead and not Franklin.
Hawthorn wanted both and also knew that Franklin was the supreme player due to their recruiting team actually watching games these boys played. Richmond was basing all their faith on draft talk and media speculation at the time.
 On draft day the hawks work it to perfection by picking roughead first so we are forced then to pick Tambling because in our great wisdom and smarts we never wanted to recruit Franklin under any circumstances.
The talk is that Franklin interviewed very badly when our so-called expert recruiter interviewed him. He played the bad boy perfectly and we said no way to him there and then. I think he may have been coached by the hawks to do this.   

The club that keeps giving.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #766 on: April 01, 2011, 02:11:07 AM »
When Troy was just out of court & excaped conviction, I made the observation at the time that he should be in jail he is a very lucky boy.
Many people on this site ripped into me for saying that.
Fact is that he gate crashed a party he wasn't invited to and when confronted about it punched the -**/@ out of him. In NT there is a zero tolerance policy. Many indigenous boys don't have the luxury of an AFL club and a potential career as an AFL player to fall back on he was released because of this reason.     

Ox

« Reply #767 on: April 01, 2011, 02:23:43 AM »
maybe he decided that jail was a better option than playing for the Tigers,besides,he has more mates in there  :police:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Door open as Troy Taylor walks out on Tigers again (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #768 on: April 01, 2011, 03:29:51 AM »
Door open as Troy Taylor walks out on Tigers again
Sam Edmund
Herald Sun
April 01, 2011

TROUBLED forward Troy Taylor has stunned family and friends and left Richmond dumbfounded by walking out on the club again.

Taylor played in a VFL practice match for Coburg last weekend, but flew to Darwin without notice on Tuesday.

The Tigers, who have invested countless hours trying to settle the teenager in Melbourne have again left the door open for him. His mother, Tania Dudgeon, said she had been unable to contact Taylor.

"I don't know what's happening. He hasn't said anything, he won't answer his phone. That's what he does," Ms Dudgeon said.

"I'm flying up to Darwin tomorrow. We're going to get a few people talking to him, like (former Footscray and Brisbane player) Michael McLean. We'll find out more tomorrow, hopefully."

Taylor's manager Tom Petroro said it was too early to tell what the future held.

"Troy making the transition to AFL was tougher for him than most kids. We've just had a tough run," Petroro said.

"Troy's got more natural ability than any kid, or most kids, in the competition."

Richmond released a statement yesterday saying Taylor had returned to the Northern Territory for an "indefinite period, for personal reasons".

"He will spend time away from the club and make a decision on whether he wants to continue his AFL career," football manager Craig Cameron said.

It's the second time in five months Taylor has quit football after his career was saved by a last-ditch visit from social workers in Western Australia in October.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/door-open-as-troy-taylor-walks-out-on-tigers-again/story-e6frf9jf-1226031633520

RICHMOND is unsure if forward Troy Taylor will play in the AFL again after returning to the Northern Territory for personal reasons.

Taylor, 19, played four matches in his debut season last year after being picked at No.51 in the 2009 national draft. But he has continued to struggle to adjust to the Melbourne lifestyle and commitment required to be an AFL player.

While some family members want him to pursue his football career, the lure of friends at home in Alice Springs remains strong.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-taylor-returns-to-the-alice-20110331-1cnf5.html

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #769 on: April 01, 2011, 06:15:27 AM »
Very Sad. Has real potential. Hopefully will come back to us

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #770 on: April 01, 2011, 06:58:34 AM »
1. He didn't walk out - FACT
2. He was released in July/August 2010 by the club - which btw the majority on here thought was the right call by the club  

sorry WP if he didnt go home then where did he go. He has left and with Roberts 2 completely wasted draft picks
We are not in a position to waste draft picks and those 2 have been a waste.

Throw in Hislop and you have to wonder what the hell were we thinking. The risks were there for all to read and see yet we took him in and left him with a host family to adjust to life in Melbourne

We have a serious development and IMO is why we constantly fail as a football club

daniel, I am not disputing that both blokes have gone home what I was disputing was your assertion that Roberts "walked out on the club" .. Fact is he didn't walk out on the club the club released aka "gave him the flick"

I would think there is a difference  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #771 on: April 01, 2011, 07:39:37 AM »
Maybe there's a party he's not invited to that he feels he has a right to attend, is the reason for the unexpected sudden departure. 

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #772 on: April 01, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »

Hawthorn wanted both and also knew that Franklin was the supreme player due to their recruiting team actually watching games these boys played.

How come Hawthorn took a time out straight after Richmond took Tambling at 4 then? Surely they would have selected Franklin without hesitation instead of looking perplexed and needing to have a discussion.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #773 on: April 01, 2011, 07:56:44 AM »
When Troy was just out of court & excaped conviction, I made the observation at the time that he should be in jail he is a very lucky boy.
Fact is that he gate crashed a party he wasn't invited to and when confronted about it punched the -**/@ out of him. In NT there is a zero tolerance policy. Many indigenous boys don't have the luxury of an AFL club and a potential career as an AFL player to fall back on he was released because of this reason.     

should check your facts tigra.

It was a street party, not on private residence.

The zero tolerance, or mandatory sentencing, went out about 7 years ago
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #774 on: April 01, 2011, 08:10:05 AM »
footy clubs need to be brutal
No passengers allowed

Showing your true colors there JJ?

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #775 on: April 01, 2011, 08:30:41 AM »

Hawthorn wanted both and also knew that Franklin was the supreme player due to their recruiting team actually watching games these boys played.

How come Hawthorn took a time out straight after Richmond took Tambling at 4 then? Surely they would have selected Franklin without hesitation instead of looking perplexed and needing to have a discussion.
the fact is that the recruiting guy or the football department head can't remember which,  went to then president Lord and told him how he was gonna get the 2 best talls in the draft. Heard it on a radio interview.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #776 on: April 01, 2011, 08:39:51 AM »

ok. But ask how many young indigenous boys would get away with what he did. Now let's analyse this.
Was it a private new years eve party? Yes
Were Taylor and his mates invited? No
Was he asked to leave? Yes
Did he and his mates leave? No
Did he physically assault 3 people? Yes
Was he charged by police? Yes
Was he found guilty? Yes
Did he get off lighly? Yes
Was it because he was at an AFL club & had potential? Yes
Would other indigenous boys have got off so lighlty? I doubt it.

If Infamy had a party and some gate crashers decided to attend & cause trouble would Infamy step in and ask them to leave? I think so
if they kicked his head in, would he be upset and want them to be punished for the crime? 

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #777 on: April 01, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »
 :lol

Troy Taylor, Relton Roberts  :lol

Get a stuffing clue Richmond

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #778 on: April 01, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »

ok. But ask how many young indigenous boys would get away with what he did. Now let's analyse this.
Was it a private new years eve party? Yes
Were Taylor and his mates invited? No
Was he asked to leave? Yes
Did he and his mates leave? No
Did he physically assault 3 people? Yes
Was he charged by police? Yes
Was he found guilty? Yes
Did he get off lighly? Yes
Was it because he was at an AFL club & had potential? Yes
Would other indigenous boys have got off so lighlty? I doubt it.

If Infamy had a party and some gate crashers decided to attend & cause trouble would Infamy step in and ask them to leave? I think so
if they kicked his head in, would he be upset and want them to be punished for the crime? 

Interesting that you ask how many indigineous boys, rather than just young boys in general.
The thing is we dont know the full story, but from what was reported troy was physically handled before he retaliated.
Would this had happened if he was white? Was there other people of a different skin color that were univited? It was after all a party in the street.
There is a strong belief that Alice is a racist town and i dont hear too much to contradict this view and plenty to back it up

On the other hand he could have been acting like a total prat, we just will never know.

Is there anything in your beliefs about passing judgment on others? ('specially when you dont know all the facts)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #779 on: April 01, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »
They were known to be risky picks which is why they didn't use early ones on them
For Geez sake you would think Roberts & Taylor were picks 1 & 2 the way you are reacting

Name one club who has a 100% success rate with their picks?

It was being conservative with our picks and not wanting a player that could be a complete bust which caused us to take Tambling over Franklin. He had massive question marks over his attitude which is why he slipped to Pick 5.
wrong there Infamy. Hawthorn knew that we didn't want Franklin because he was "hard to handle". Hawthorn knew we wanted Roughead and not Franklin.
Hawthorn wanted both and also knew that Franklin was the supreme player due to their recruiting team actually watching games these boys played. Richmond was basing all their faith on draft talk and media speculation at the time.
 On draft day the hawks work it to perfection by picking roughead first so we are forced then to pick Tambling because in our great wisdom and smarts we never wanted to recruit Franklin under any circumstances.
The talk is that Franklin interviewed very badly when our so-called expert recruiter interviewed him. He played the bad boy perfectly and we said no way to him there and then. I think he may have been coached by the hawks to do this.
That is 100% Grade A bullsh!t. Even the interview with Gary Buckenara (who was the Hawthorn recruitment manager at the time) right after the 2004 draft they admitted that they tried to force Richmond into taking a tall with one of their picks. There was a real chance that Richmond could have taken Franklin at Pick 4 on the day, if they knew that Franklin was going to be as good as he is then there is no way they would have risked him sliding.