Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118288 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Troy Taylor Unlikely to return
« Reply #825 on: April 21, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »
Should talk to thr kid who has a spine injury at collingwood ad will never play again.

Yeah young Tommy Hunter a terrific young bloke he is

And kudos for what th ePies are doing for him too  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #826 on: April 22, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »
Just another kid who is peeing away an amazing future. What sh.its me is that there are some many kids out their busting their guts to make it and would do anything to get a chance yet here is another kid who has all the talent in the world but not a braincell in his hollow cranium to rub together.

Kids like these are always a risk and if they come good you look like a genius (Hawks and Buddy for example), but if they don't....

Hope this kid has a moment of clarity, gets some sense knocked into him or some other type of epiphany and comes back to the club to become a champion....otherwise he will become another 'one that got away' story  :banghead

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #827 on: April 22, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
Just another kid who is peeing away an amazing future. What sh.its me is that there are some many kids out their busting their guts to make it and would do anything to get a chance yet here is another kid who has all the talent in the world but not a braincell in his hollow cranium to rub together.

Kids like these are always a risk and if they come good you look like a genius (Hawks and Buddy for example), but if they don't....

Hope this kid has a moment of clarity, gets some sense knocked into him or some other type of epiphany and comes back to the club to become a champion....otherwise he will become another 'one that got away' story  :banghead

sorry Stripes i have to seriously ask what makes you or anyone think this kid has serious talent as you and others have constantly mentioned.

He has proved nothing. Zero. He didnt seem like anything special when i saw him play at Coburg/Richmond.

To compare him and Buddy is quite comical. Yes he had issues but the Franklin family come from a sporting background so he had a good chance. Plus we are comparing Richmond to Hawthorn and quite frankly our history with the indigenous boys is far from impressive.

I put the blame squarely on Troy but dont kid yourself im sure we played a part in it too.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #828 on: April 22, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »
The problem is we are recruiting the aboriginal boys who have wrong attitudes Relton Roberts spent more time trying to find himself a nicname before the season started, I dont know what he ended with but something storm was one being bandied, the only problem was he was only storming towards the local Maccas outlets, Taylor wants a house lol. If you recruit blokes who dont understand the requirements you get nowhere.

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #829 on: April 22, 2011, 05:27:18 PM »

sorry Stripes i have to seriously ask what makes you or anyone think this kid has serious talent as you and others have constantly mentioned.

He has proved nothing. Zero. He didnt seem like anything special when i saw him play at Coburg/Richmond.

To compare him and Buddy is quite comical. Yes he had issues but the Franklin family come from a sporting background so he had a good chance. Plus we are comparing Richmond to Hawthorn and quite frankly our history with the indigenous boys is far from impressive.

I put the blame squarely on Troy but dont kid yourself im sure we played a part in it too.

Daniel, Emma Quale (SP?) and plenty of other recruiters rated Taylor within the top10-15 most talented players in his draft pool alone, only circumstances and attitude meant he would slip all the way down the draft.

Pretty much the same thing with Briffiths, rated top10 for KPP talent that year, but because of the question marks around his shoulders meant he would also slide down the draft.

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #830 on: April 22, 2011, 06:49:45 PM »
I'm a little sadened to think that this time he may have gone back for good. Dimma repeatedly said that this kid had so much talent, talent you just couldnt teach.

10 PREMIERSHIPS

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #831 on: April 22, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »
I'm a little sadened to think that this time he may have gone back for good. Dimma repeatedly said that this kid had so much talent, talent you just couldnt teach.

Yeah. Being a passionate tiger I'm more upset that we are missing out on a potential quality player. Most of the replies in here lack that 'I love being at every game and cheering on the boys' passion  8). I sense a bit of 'I'm not going to etihad, it takes an extra 10 minutes to get to than the G' or 'I'm not going to the game, I refuse to pay an extra $5 for parking at etihad' kind of half hearted fair weather feel to some of the replies in here. I know you really like the tiges but they aren't that important that an extra $5 or 10 minutes is enough to watch the game on tv instead  :)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #832 on: April 22, 2011, 09:43:41 PM »
be quiet ffs :shh

:lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #833 on: April 22, 2011, 09:51:24 PM »

He has proved nothing. Zero. He didn't seem like anything special when i saw him play at Coburg/Richmond.

I put the blame squarely on Troy but don't kid yourself I'm sure we played a part in it too.

daniel, tiger4life answered your question already but was identified as one of the most talented players of the draft by many 'experts' before the draft but his attitude/character was what kept clubs from taking him early (and obviously correctly so). Collingwood was very interested in taking him which is why we took him with Pick 54 before they had a chance. As I said, if he did (or a miracle occurs and he still does) fulfil his potential then we look like hero's but it was a very risky move at best.

My Hawthorn analogy refers to the negatives on Buddy during the draft. Before the TAC Cup he was clearly the No 1 Pick but his lackluster performance during the Carnival, terrible psychological testing and huge question marks whether he would even stay in the game (sound familiar?) saw his drift to No 5. Even Hawthorn took Roughhead before him because of this and we took the safe options of Lids and Bling because of their impeccable attitudes and midfield potential. This is why I use the Buddy example, not to stick to our club but to show how Taylor and Buddy had similar question marks on them before they were drafted. Taylor had far larger baggage and had shown less on the field but they are comparative nonetheless IMHO.

I agree with you though regarding our clubs recent history working with Indigenous players compared to other teams. We are recruiting the wrong personalities firstly and not providing the sufficient support or environment to bring the best out of them. This is particularly embarrassing given our new Indigenous Institute.  :shh

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #834 on: April 22, 2011, 10:00:39 PM »
my guess is it was the decision process that effectively ruled our buddy haunted the club to a point that they convinced themselves they wouldn't let lightening strike twice...rolled the dice, failed , move on
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #835 on: April 23, 2011, 12:05:01 AM »
my guess is it was the decision process that effectively ruled our buddy haunted the club to a point that they convinced themselves they wouldn't let lightening strike twice...rolled the dice, failed , move on
At least we didn't lose pick 1 or 5 in doing so. 50-something? These are the picks you can take a risk with.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #836 on: April 23, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
At least we didn't lose pick 1 or 5 in doing so. 50-something? These are the picks you can take a risk with.
True in this case as it could be looked at from the point of view that we in a roundabout way effectively used the pick we gained from offloading Rainesy on Troy. We used that traded 3rd round pick (#44) on Dea and then 7 selections later our normal 4th rounder (#51) on Troy. If Dea makes it in the long run then we will have still gained a player from that part of the draft.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #837 on: April 27, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »
Thunder has eye on the Tiger
Grey Morris
NT News
April 27th, 2011

TERRITORY Thunder's chief executive Stuart Totham is keeping a close eye on the welfare of former player Troy Taylor.

Drafted by AFL club Richmond in 2009, Taylor's playing future at the top level is in doubt after just four senior games in three seasons with the Tigers.

A combination of homesickness and problems getting permanent accommodation in Melbourne are believed to be behind two walkouts this year.

But Totham is not getting involved, despite Taylor's involvement with the Thunder program before he was drafted.

"We don't feel we have any responsibility towards Troy at this stage," Totham said.

"He played with us and that's great, but he is a Richmond player now."
Your Say

"If we have a justice system that worked he would be having no problems with accommodation for the next couple of years."
David

Richmond has given Taylor time to contemplate his future, saying any decision to return to the club had to come from him.

"Once Troy works out what he wants to do with his footy, obviously we could be part of his playing future," Totham said. "But to talk about Thunder at this stage is probably not in his best interest."

Totham said Taylor's return to the Thunder program was not completely out of the question.

"That might happen," he added. "It depends whether he is receptive to that and who it is.

"Troy's got some close mentors he's working with. If we can help with that at any time, obviously we will."

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/04/27/227921_ntsport.html

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #838 on: April 27, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »
3 seasons at tigers?

1 season & 5 weeks

Con65

Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #839 on: April 27, 2011, 11:27:20 AM »
3 seasons at tigers?

1 season & 5 weeks

Dont ruin a good story with facts...it sounds better if you say 3 years...

Actually the 3 years can be as follows: 2009 November draft - year 1, 2010, and 2011 = 3 years...now that was inventive just like the journo.