Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 81906 times)

Ramps

Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2010, 03:43:30 PM »
Tom Lynch of the Saints appears to be a target for the Tigers
Tom who ?

Wasnt he drafted last year?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2010, 04:24:07 PM »

Did Morton really impress this year? Didn't he only play the last couple of games decently?

Need to take his whole season in context WAT.  Looked ordinary very early and went back to Coburg for an extended spell where he didn't appear to be setting the world on fire.  Most thought that his papers had been stamped under Hardwick but what wasn't known until his recall later in the season was that Morton had asked Hardwick for a crack at a midfield role and was subsequently being taught that role at Coburg.  Bit of learning curve for him, especially on the defensive aspects Hardwick wants, but to his credit he learned them and when he got his chance he really took it.  He was very impressive in the midfield when he returned and I would have strong doubts that he would be considered trade bait unless his name came up in 'the deal of the century'.

Yep no worries Smokey, thats why I asked the question, I din't realise thats what had happened with him, well lets hope he works out next year then. Isn't it funny though, that is was he was recruited for in the first place and thats why he left the Eagles, to get more of a run in the midfield.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ramps

« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »
Tom who ?

Wasnt he drafted last year?

Just did a search on saints forums, theyre not very happy with his performance I must say. Doesnt seem to have done anything in 2 years and in senior football he seems to have disappointed the saints fans.

gerkin greg

« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »
So we're going to trade for KPF Tom Lynch of the Saints and also draft another KPF Tom Lynch of the Stingrays at pick #6.
Ok.  ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »
Tom who ?
Lynch was the Saints' first round pick in the 2008 draft....

Tom Lynch

Number   29
Height   192cm
Weight   85kg
DOB       15-09-1990
Debut      2010
Games       1 .... (R18 2010 vs Essendon - 2 kicks, 3 hbs)

Draft history: 2008 NAB AFL Draft 1st round selection (St Kilda) No. 13 overall.

Video of Lynch in action:
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/89562

Bio:
A hard-leading forward, who is a fierce competitor, fearless and football smart. Co-captained Vic Metro in the 2008 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, finishing second in his team for marks and goals. Quick with excellent endurance for his size (191cm), he has the versatility to be play on the backline or in the midfield.

Jason McCartney says: I think Lynchy had an outstanding year from where he was coming from. He had an ACL the year before and his preparation was unbelievable throughout his time at the Academy, with a real attention to detail with his training.

I thought it might have been good to let him play at centre half-back and just let him play his way into some form, but he played at half-forward and did very well. When he does play down back I thought he read the play very well and he was good with his hands and had the ability to cut across in front of traffic. I could see him fitting in as a third forward type, but with his endurance he could even play through the middle.

U18 Stats:

NAB AFL Under 18 Championships
Team        Mt     K      HB      D       M     HO     T      G
Vic Metro   4     7.8     5.8   13.5    5.0    0.0   1.5   1.5

Draft Camp highlights:
* =9th shuttle run/beep test 14.1
* 12th repeat sprints (six x 30m sprints) 25.67sec

http://www.saints.com.au/players/playerprofile/tomlynch/tabid/8471/playerid/19926/category/senior/season/2010/selected/bio/default.aspx

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2010, 07:20:36 PM »
There's a different Tom Lynch available in this years draft. 196cm KPF. Are you sure we're not considering him for pick 6?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2010, 08:04:21 PM »
There's a different Tom Lynch available in this years draft. 196cm KPF. Are you sure we're not considering him for pick 6?
That's more likely IMO

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »
Just on the news over here that the Dockers maybe losing their grip on Mundy!! Very strongly linked to the Bombers!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2010, 08:37:49 PM »
Yeah we give the ainters our duds we don't pick up theirs

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2010, 08:45:46 PM »
I still find it hard to believe though that we stand up say how we are going to be very much involved with the trade week and then out of every player that has been available so far, none have even been linked to us. How the hell does that work?? I would just like someone to be linked to us...hehehe.. :lol

"Rucks:

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2010, 08:49:39 PM »
I still find it hard to believe though that we stand up say how we are going to be very much involved with the trade week and then out of every player that has been available so far, none have even been linked to us. How the hell does that work?? I would just like someone to be linked to us...hehehe.. :lol
Knights has been, Houli may have been also, but not as much in the media

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: September 14, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »
Knights has been, Houli may have been also, but not as much in the media

Oh ok, the down falls of living in the West again.. has someone gone up to see Knights and have we spoken to Houli??

"Rucks:

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: September 14, 2010, 11:00:20 PM »
maybe danog can verify this

but i heard mundy and lids are good mates, hope mundy tell freo he wants to come to us or he is leaving

would be a shame we lose him to the GC limps
Tis true

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond interested in David Mundy (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #373 on: September 15, 2010, 01:13:29 AM »
David Mundy counts down to big call
Jon Ralph
Herald Sun
September 15, 2010

IN-demand Fremantle midfielder David Mundy is set to decide his future next week after travelling to Melbourne for the Brownlow on Monday.

Mundy is pondering three options, all of them lucrative - stay in Fremantle, accept the cashed-up Gold Coast's offer, or return to Victoria.

He has just finished a two-year deal believed to be worth $550,000 a season, but Melbourne clubs with salary cap room are confident of winning his services.

A raft of Melbourne clubs have inquired about his services, but the Seymour boy is yet to sit down with suitors.

Essendon is leading the charge, but Richmond and Melbourne are believed to be among interested parties.

It is believed most Victorian clubs have been keen to find out what it would take to get the 25-year-old, who is one of Fremantle's likely top Brownlow Medal pollers.

He conceded two years ago after re-signing at Fremantle the pull of Victoria was strong.

"It was just the family side of things that was concerning me. I felt like I was missing out a little bit on family life, so I just wanted to spend a bit more time at home, spending more time around my sisters, mum and dad."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/david-mundy-counts-down-to-big-call/story-e6frf9jf-1225922948353

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: September 15, 2010, 06:44:31 AM »
There you go WAT, Craig Cameron must read your comments on this forum!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”