Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69115 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: WA cops want to interview Krak over incident in Perth
« Reply #270 on: January 04, 2007, 02:23:57 PM »
Did I tell you..... :banghead :banghead Our judicial system sucks! This will drag into the season proper you watch!! :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Krak pleads not guilty - bailed to reappear in March
« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »

March 13 is just 2-3 weeks before the season starts  :-\.

Yeah just before our NAB cup GF appearance

Did I tell you..... :banghead :banghead Our judicial system sucks! This will drag into the season proper you watch!! :banghead

Yep - that's why this whole thing is a bloody nightmare
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Krak pleads not guilty - bailed to reappear in March
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2007, 02:53:56 PM »
Yeah just before our NAB cup GF appearance

Know something we don't WP  :thumbsup  :rollin

It won't surprise me if this is still be going in August or September. This will just a committal in March.

What is a committal?

If you are facing a committal, you will have been charged with a serious offence which is unlikely to be finalised in the Local Court. A committal is a is a hearing in the Local Court before the charge is heard in the District Court or Supreme Court. In the committal, a Magistrate decides whether the prosecution has enough evidence against you to justify committing you for trial or sentence. If there is enough evidence, your case will be heard in the District Court or the Supreme Court.

You do not have to enter a plea at the committal. However if you do plead guilty, you will be committed for sentence unless the prosecution decides to keep your case in the Local Court. 

If you plead not guilty, or enter no plea, it is most likely that you will be committed for trial.

http://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=489
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2007, 02:58:29 PM »
Ring Ring...Ring Ring...Hello is that Cam...Cam Howat??  Get your boots on buddy!  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »
Ring Ring...Ring Ring...Hello is that Cam...Cam Howat??  Get your boots on buddy!  :thumbsup

As Krak is on bail and won't be facing trial (if it goes that far) until well into the season proper then he'll still be available to play. Whether mentally he can refocus 100% on his footy is the next question and only he can answer it.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2007, 06:26:26 PM »
As Krak is on bail and won't be facing trial (if it goes that far) until well into the season proper then he'll still be available to play. Whether mentally he can refocus 100% on his footy is the next question and only he can answer it.

Imagine the sledging he is gonna cop from the other players  :-\
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #276 on: January 04, 2007, 07:29:20 PM »
Krak's court appearance today didn't make one news service that I saw. They were too busy with Carlton's board fiasco and Fev running second last in their time trial lol.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #277 on: January 04, 2007, 08:11:44 PM »
My estimation is that if it goes to trial, and I think that's the most likely scenario, then it will probably be heard in about september/october, perhaps even later.
The police report will be read to the court on March 13, but we probably won't hear Krak's side of the story until the trial itself.

Therefore, I believe Krak will be available all season, so  Howat replacing him on the list is most unlikely. One of the big questions, as stated  in posts above, will be how this affects him mentally. It could ruin his season completely, or spur him to greater heights. I fear for him, and wonder if depression may set in.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #278 on: January 04, 2007, 08:30:35 PM »
Some additions to the earlier media report......

The 23-year-old forward and his 21-year-old brother will plead not guilty to one charge each of unlawful assault causing grievous bodily harm, which carries a maximum penalty of 10 years jail.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21010780-2702,00.html

Inside court the brothers had their bail extended and were remanded to appear again in March in the Fremantle Magistrate's court.

Defence lawyers for the pair indicated that they would plead not guilty at their March court appearance.

After their appearance the Krakouer brothers were taken by police van to the nearby Fremantle Police Station where they were whisked away by supporters in a ute.

Mr Martin remained in intensive care while he was treated for black eyes, bruising and cuts all over his body and swelling around his back, ribs, kidney and lungs.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=12&ContentID=17776

Moi

« Reply #279 on: January 04, 2007, 09:45:22 PM »
Krak's court appearance today didn't make one news service that I saw. They were too busy with Carlton's board fiasco and Fev running second last in their time trial lol.
The media has been "suspiciously" quiet on this issue.  I'm kind of glad they're not highlighting it, but you have to wonder why.  Normally, they'd be all over it but they're not.  Weird!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #280 on: January 05, 2007, 03:30:46 AM »
A Richmond Football Club representative sat in the public gallery during the brothers' appearance.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21012553-661,00.html

Wonder who it was from the Club?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #281 on: January 05, 2007, 08:24:10 AM »
The media has been "suspiciously" quiet on this issue.  I'm kind of glad they're not highlighting it, but you have to wonder why.  Normally, they'd be all over it but they're not.  Weird!

Got to agree Moi - it seems weird. Normally the media are all over these things. Maybe it's because it happened in Perth rather than Melbourne, not that it should make much difference. Although it seems to be getting greater coverage in Perth :-\

I wonderif the media will camped at Tigerland today seeing we are supposed to be training today

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #282 on: January 05, 2007, 11:30:18 AM »

Got to agree Moi - it seems weird. Normally the media are all over these things. Maybe it's because it happened in Perth rather than Melbourne, not that it should make much difference. Although it seems to be getting greater coverage in Perth :-\

One factor might be the time of year. A lot of journalists are on holidays.If you look at the sporting section of "The Age" over the last 2 weeks it's been very much a skeleton staffing, with a lot of pre-prepared articles. Also, it's a footy-related story, and most attention is on the cricket, especially winning the Ashes and the big retirements.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #283 on: January 05, 2007, 12:41:59 PM »

One factor might be the time of year. A lot of journalists are on holidays.If you look at the sporting section of "The Age" over the last 2 weeks it's been very much a skeleton staffing, with a lot of pre-prepared articles. Also, it's a footy-related story, and most attention is on the cricket, especially winning the Ashes and the big retirements.

Normally Caro would be the one into anything to do with us.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2007, 01:30:59 PM »
Normally Caro would be the one into anything to do with us.

How true - GB's right - Caro's one who's definitely on holidays this time of year ;D

Over at the Age it seems Jake Niall's holding the fort all by himself