Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 293779 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1890 on: July 14, 2019, 06:06:59 PM »
AFL Nation saying on Friday night he is gone.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1891 on: July 14, 2019, 06:13:05 PM »
AFL Nation saying on Friday night he is gone.

If he does go, we should be well compensated
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1892 on: July 14, 2019, 07:04:01 PM »
He had a good game and on a few occasions was actually tough, refusing to go to ground and once going back with the flight. At his best is a very good player, I just wish he was tough week in week out...

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1893 on: July 14, 2019, 09:05:55 PM »
He had a good game and on a few occasions was actually tough, refusing to go to ground and once going back with the flight. At his best is a very good player, I just wish he was tough week in week out...
Did you go to the game Andy?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1894 on: July 14, 2019, 09:14:51 PM »

Yes, M51.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1895 on: July 14, 2019, 09:28:26 PM »

Yes, M51.
And you thought he had a good game?

I too was at the game and all I saw was Brando dropping off the back of the stoppages without an opponent with his hand up like he wanted to ask a question.
No wonder he gets 30, he never plays on anyone.

One more question- how damaging were/are his 30 touches each week?

I personally cannot wait to play against him, maybe then some may see why opposition clubs allow him to run around by himself.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1896 on: July 14, 2019, 09:34:35 PM »
It’s hard to give an honest assessment of someone’s game when you’ve already made your judgement before the ball is bounced.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1897 on: July 14, 2019, 09:59:10 PM »
I thought he played very well, especially late in the game.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1898 on: July 14, 2019, 10:47:51 PM »

Yes, M51.
And you thought he had a good game?

I too was at the game and all I saw was Brando dropping off the back of the stoppages without an opponent with his hand up like he wanted to ask a question.
No wonder he gets 30, he never plays on anyone.

One more question- how damaging were/are his 30 touches each week?

I personally cannot wait to play against him, maybe then some may see why opposition clubs allow him to run around by himself.

Personally I can't wait to see the back of him, but I thought he had a good game nonetheless and is having quite a decent year.

Admittedly I sit in row B, near the interchange, so sometimes it's hard to see certain things because my seat isn't that high up. But when the play is close to the fence you can see and hear with a lot of detail and I've seen Brandon being tough from time to time...

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1899 on: July 14, 2019, 11:27:30 PM »
It’s hard to give an honest assessment of someone’s game when you’ve already made your judgement before the ball is bounced.
I have watched him play 160 odd games so you are probably right.
That’s enough time to make a “honest”  judgment I reckon.
And I guess disliking him so much (as a footballer) I watch him a lot closer than some that just get sucked in by the stat sheet.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1900 on: July 14, 2019, 11:53:55 PM »
He was fantastic today. Hard as nails too.

Literally playing his role with how he sets up as sweeper at certain stoppages.

He's played a 160 games for a reason...:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1901 on: July 15, 2019, 12:19:02 AM »
And I guess disliking him so much (as a footballer) I watch him a lot closer than some that just get sucked in by the stat sheet.

You’ve just proved what I was saying by judging him based on past performances. You can not be a fan of his career thus far and still say he’s had a good game.

And spare me the stats sheet line, I’d say most if not all people on this forum watch every game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1902 on: July 15, 2019, 02:39:50 PM »
Brandon Ellis post-game on K-Rock:

“It was a bit of a rocky start to the year,” Ellis said.

“I didn’t get picked for Round 1 and then I probably had a couple of stinkers.

“But ‘Dimma’ backed me in and let me play, and put me back in the midfield, where I think I play my best footy.

“I’m just trying to go out there every week and play a role for the team. That’s what we’re about at the Tigers.

“Sometimes you get rewarded for effort . . .

“Playing most weeks now, you can back yourself in, back your strengths in.

“Dimma’s been fantastic for me this year. He’s allowed me to play to my strengths and play my own game.

“Yes, there are some things that I do need to clean up, and they probably stand out sometimes, but if I can bring other things to the table, that can sort of make it even.”

Read more: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-07-15/brando-bounces-back

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1903 on: July 15, 2019, 06:09:08 PM »

You’ve just proved what I was saying by judging him based on past performances. You can not be a fan of his career thus far and still say he’s had a good game.

And spare me the stats sheet line, I’d say most if not all people on this forum watch every game.
What you have proved is if I think a player is useless for 160 games, his 161st game isn’t going to be any better.
The same old unaccountability with lots of irrelevant possessions.

Do you think there is a reason a 160 game, 25 year old, first round draft selection isn’t going to be offered a contract that is bigger than his last? Surely you would move heaven and earth to keep that sort of player??
I know the answer....

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1904 on: July 15, 2019, 06:15:20 PM »
He is going to be offered a contract bigger than his last, by at least 5 different clubs. Why would other clubs be chasing him if his first 160 games were so bad? It's going to come down to whether or not we can offer him a decent enough deal to fit our cap restraints. Then it's up to him to decide whether he'll take the extra $ on offer elsewhere or stay for a bit less.

One thing is for sure, the boy certainly still has the respect of his coach and teammates & was clearly playing for the jumper on Sunday.

I know I love him and you hate him, but probably best to just leave your thoughts on him be since everyone already knows what they are. Same could be said for me but at least I acknowledge his faults and am happy to admit when he's not put in decent efforts.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"