Author Topic: Rookie Draft / Overlooked draftees  (Read 11795 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rookie Draft / Overlooked draftees
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:02:38 PM »
A few named in the various phantom drafts missed out tonight so they will be available in the rookie draft.

Sam Frost ........... def/fwd      194cm   87kg      28/08/1993   Sandringham Dragons (Vic)
Zyrus Manson ..... forward      195cm   84kg      24/04/1993   Claremont (WA)
Julian Dobosz .....  forward      193cm   85kg      17/11/1992   North Hobart (Tas)
Myles Bolger ....... ruckman     201cm    90kg     25/03/1993   South Fremantle (WA)
Andrew Boseley .. defender     194cm    80kg     04/09/1992   Geelong Falcons (Vic)
Shane Nelson .....  midfielder   179cm    73kg     11/05/1993   West Perth (WA)         
Josh Waldhuter ..  midfielder    184cm   83kg     15/03/1993    Central District (SA)
Marley Williams ... mid/fwd      181cm    85kg     22/07/1993    Claremont (WA)
Michael Bussey .... fwd/def      196cm    81kg     05/07/1993    Eastern Ranges (Vic)
Brody Mihocek ....  utility         191cm    86kg     04/02/1993    Burnie (Tas)

Interesting to see which way we go. I'm presuming we'll be again getting a few of the Victorian kids who missed out being drafted down to Punt Rd for a closer look first hand.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rookie Draft / Overlooked draftees
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 10:35:21 PM »
Would not mind having a closer look at Frost, Boseley and Nelson.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 10:56:05 PM »
Didn't Brody Mihocek make the U18 All-Australian team as a defender?  If he grows a few cm's through the year he could be a good prospect.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 12:33:11 AM »
Where's The Cotch saying Marley Williams is better option than McKenzie?

Frost and Boseley can't kick. Would like Nelson, Bolger, Dobosz from that group.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 06:22:54 AM »
No more rangas please.

We need more wogs in our side.

Draft more wogs.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 06:27:23 AM »
Used Dobosz in the phantom draft, powerful mark and good kick..
Suprised he and frost were overlooked among others, but thats the way it works
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:36:20 AM »
Dobosz is one of the worst field kicks going around. only been playing for a few years though

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 06:51:50 AM »
I was happy with what I saw in his highlights video

10 FLAGS

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 07:11:16 AM »
No more rangas please.

Draft more wogs.

Agree! More wogs will equal more success  :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 07:51:04 AM »

Greg Miller was happy with JON's highlights video :lol

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »
No more rangas please.

Draft more wogs.

Nah, people might start confusing us with Carlton :lol

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 08:56:49 AM »

Greg Miller was happy with JON's highlights video :lol

Mate honestly, most of your posts are smart behind attacks, dont you have anything better to do??
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:00:29 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 09:01:23 AM »
No, I don't. I just find it funny that you say you're surprised someone was overlooked because you're happy with his highlights package. WGAF about a highlights video? They're highlights. I've seen the kid play and he would be a long way off playing AFL football, IMO. But poo, I guess he looked okay on a highlights reel....

LMFAO "happy with his highlights"  :lol

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:15:49 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 09:13:01 AM »
LOL

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 01:52:40 PM »
Ripe rookies
By Jason Phelan
Mon 28 Nov, 2011

THE 2011 NAB AFL Draft is in the books, but there's still a lot of footballing talent ripe for the picking at December's pre-season and rookie drafts.

Clubs looking to bolster their tall stocks are in luck because there are plenty of raw key prospects available who were overlooked at the national draft, but will be well worth a rookie spot that will allow them time to add some polish to their games.

Tasmanian Brody Mihocek made the All Australian team after an excellent national carnival, but he didn't hear his name called in Sydney last week and the highly competitive, 192cm defender can consider himself unlucky.

He's joined at the head of the list of rookie hopefuls by Sandringham's Sam Frost and Geelong Falcon Andrew Boseley.

Frost is an exciting athletic prospect who came to football late, but still attracted interest from several clubs after a good championships campaign with Vic Metro.

Slight queries over the 194cm defender's kicking action probably hurt him at the national draft, but he is an excellent rookie prospect with tremendous upside who will benefit from being in a full-time AFL environment.

Boseley is a long-limbed 192cm full-back who made the TAC Cup Team of the Year and would be capable of playing some football next year off a rookie list.

This year's big draft smoky, Waylen Manson, didn't find a club at the draft despite kicking bags of goals for Waratahs in the NTFL.

He's from a tiny community south east of Halls Creek in outback Western Australia and while clubs were wary of offering him a berth on their senior list, it won't surprise to see him join one of the WA clubs.

Justin Clarke, the centre half-back from Booleroo Centre in South Australia, loomed as a late swooper in the days before the draft, but also went unclaimed, as did Simon Tunbridge, who returned to Perth citing home sickness after spending a year with GWS as one of its 17-year-old concessionary players.

North Hobart's Julian Dobosz, South Fremantle's Myles Bolger, Geelong's Jai Sheahan and Sam Gordon, Eastern's Michael Bussey, Sandringham pair Xavier Richards and Fletcher Roberts, Oakleigh trio Damian Mascitti, Jake Hammond and Nick Murphy are all taller players who will also be strongly considered for selection at the rookie draft.

Dandenong forward Brett O'Hanlon doesn't quite fit into that category at 189cm, but his strength overhead will surely see him offered a rookie lifeline.

There will also be plenty of midfielders available at the December 13 draft meeting with West Perth's Shane Nelson probably the most surprising non-selection at the national draft.

He's a prolific ball winner with great endurance who can go forward and kick a goal and will surely be given a chance to impress from a rookie list.

Nelson's WA teammates Cam Eardley and Marley Williams will also rank highly among the remaining onballers as will Tasmanian skipper John McKenzie (who won All Australian honours this year), Murray Bushranger Jack Crisp, North Ballarat speedster Lachie Dalgleish, Northern Knight Michael Mascoulis and SA hard hitter Josh Waldhuter.

Mature-aged players Kyal Horsley, Lee Spurr and Darren Pfeiffer will also be in the mix after excellent seasons.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/126608/default.aspx