Author Topic: Week, Gutless Club  (Read 12506 times)

the claw

Re: Week, Gutless Club
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2013, 10:42:59 PM »
funny how the problem is that others cant step up when the a graders are beaten.

nothing said about thee fact that the a graders were beaten, and beaten badly. That is the problem. good sides just dont have their a graders all beaten at the same time, and on the few occasions they are, that is the few times that these sides lose during the year.

but hey it couldnt be their fault because they are the skilled ones and skill is much more important than mental hardness and work rate
so what are you saying. deledio cotchin and martin are mentally weak i know lets just delist em despite the fact they perform to a high standard 98% of the time and are mentally strong for a simlar amount of time. yep lets just cut those hacks we dont want em. instead lets go with those who are deficient in so many areas that they are liabilities without more rounded players around them lets go with with em because they try real hard but are incapable of taking control of a game when others struggle.
its a bleeding heart mentality.

i have one simple question. based on performance can the current list win a gf????. no stuffing way is my answer.
  my stance is to win a gf we have to start cutting into those clearly below standard players.
and dont be offended we have gone from having to cut out and out hacks to just having to cut ordinary players but either way we need to cut em. i want us to be more than a pee ant middling team. at the end of the say that is all we currently are. a MIDDLING TEAM.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »
so what are you saying. deledio and martin are mentally weak

You could argue the point yeah

tony_montana

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2013, 10:52:17 PM »
In 3 yrs we've gone from a pathetic Melbourne like rabble with a worse list, to a "middling" team.

FFS get a grip, what more could anybody reasonably expect in that timeframe?

the claw

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2013, 11:01:24 PM »
In 3 yrs we've gone from a pathetic Melbourne like rabble with a worse list, to a "middling" team.

ALL THAT I ASK IS WE ACTUALLY ACKNOWLEDGE WE ARE STILL ONLY A MIDDLING TEAM. IS THAT SO BAD.  AND FOR US TO BECOME A TOP SIDE WE HAVE A LOT OF RECRUITING AND CUTTING TO DO STILL.
BEING A MIDDLING TEAM MEANS WE MAY WELL GO BACKWARDS ON THE LADDER DEPENDING ON CIRCUMSTANCES.
YEP IM ASKING FOR NOTHING BUT A BIT OF REALITY WHEN WE DISCUSS THE TIGES.
BUT HEY LETS NOT BE REALISTIC LETS JUST BE ALL FUZZY AND WARM.

AND YES THE FREAKIN CAPS ARE ON.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2013, 11:03:11 PM »
I haven't seen anyone say we are a premiership favourites so stop acting like everyones saying it

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2013, 11:09:39 PM »
You all do realise we trained on Saturday morning don't you.

Facts don't seem to mean much anymore.

I need to rant and I will rant and I have a forum to rant so I will rant.

Actually between watching the Crystal Palace fans chant non-stop for 38 minutes, just brilliant stuff, and the rantings on here, my Sunday morning is actually quite fun.   

Offline Rat

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »
re The EFC -
“A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.”
― Mickey Mantle

tony_montana

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2013, 11:23:23 PM »

ALL THAT I ASK IS WE ACTUALLY ACKNOWLEDGE WE ARE STILL ONLY A MIDDLING TEAM. IS THAT SO BAD.  AND FOR US TO BECOME A TOP SIDE WE HAVE A LOT OF RECRUITING AND CUTTING TO DO STILL.
BEING A MIDDLING TEAM MEANS WE MAY WELL GO BACKWARDS ON THE LADDER DEPENDING ON CIRCUMSTANCES.
YEP IM ASKING FOR NOTHING BUT A BIT OF REALITY WHEN WE DISCUSS THE TIGES.
BUT HEY LETS NOT BE REALISTIC LETS JUST BE ALL FUZZY AND WARM.

AND YES THE FREAKIN CAPS ARE ON.

Well duh, who here actually thinks we are more than a middle of the road side? I haven't seen 1 fan on here say we are more than making up the numbers this September. No one is under any illusions of where we're at right now. You're the one that seems to blowing a gasket over nothing. stuffing bizzare

tony_montana

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2013, 11:25:09 PM »

Actually between watching the Crystal Palace fans chant non-stop for 38 minutes, just brilliant stuff, and the rantings on here, my Sunday morning is actually quite fun.   

Why did we train on the morning of the game HK? Are we going through a heavier training load?

I knew we looked slower and heavier when I was watching the game and said as much on this forum

dwaino

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2013, 11:28:27 PM »
It would also explain our deplorable skills (kicking, fumbling etc) in the second half.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2013, 11:31:30 PM »
It would also explain our deplorable skills (kicking, fumbling etc) in the second half.

And may explain why the hit the ground running the way the did, they were really switched on in the first qtr
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »

Why did we train on the morning of the game HK? Are we going through a heavier training load?

I knew we looked slower and heavier when I was watching the game and said as much on this forum

Noticed in the Bris game that players looked spent at half time.  The Bris victory along with Carlton loss and then Pies loss assured a 5th/6th after this weekend.

Load up now and freshen for finals I reckon.  We may have caught the Hawks in a heavy week for them.  I reckon that's part of the calcs the club makes.

Whitey withdrawing 90 minutes before the game with "soreness" indicates a training session as well.  No Lonergan all weekend indicates that he may have been a part of the Training as well.

The club reveals a lot.  The Dimma dissections are pretty open.  There has to be things that the club keeps close.  Newie finally revealed the additional training.  The "resting/soreness" of players indicates a far more methodical approach to finals than a "just hoping to make up the numbers".

So there's that explanation or the "chicken little" explanation.  Take your pick.  I see us as a professional club (now) so you can guess which background I look to.

I will admit at times in the second quarter too many players cheated off the front.  We did get a little ahead of ourselves.  But we had almost no run in the last.

Time will tell.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2013, 07:13:09 AM »
The club reveals a lot.  The Dimma dissections are pretty open.  There has to be things that the club keeps close.  Newie finally revealed the additional training.  The "resting/soreness" of players indicates a far more methodical approach to finals than a "just hoping to make up the numbers".

Can't agree with this, they reveal what they want to which isn't very much at all.

yes they have to keep things close but I doubt they reveal much at all. Just because they withdraw a player 90 minutes before a game doesnt mean that decision wasn't made on Thursday.  ;D

Look at King (whose now missed 3 weeks), Edwards S and now White, all withdrawn on match day but none where ever going to play.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2013, 08:28:39 AM »
funny how the problem is that others cant step up when the a graders are beaten.

nothing said about thee fact that the a graders were beaten, and beaten badly. That is the problem. good sides just dont have their a graders all beaten at the same time, and on the few occasions they are, that is the few times that these sides lose during the year.

but hey it couldnt be their fault because they are the skilled ones and skill is much more important than mental hardness and work rate
so what are you saying. deledio cotchin and martin are mentally weak i know lets just delist em despite the fact they perform to a high standard 98% of the time and are mentally strong for a simlar amount of time. yep lets just cut those hacks we dont want em. instead lets go with those who are deficient in so many areas that they are liabilities without more rounded players around them lets go with with em because they try real hard but are incapable of taking control of a game when others struggle.
its a bleeding heart mentality.

i have one simple question. based on performance can the current list win a gf????. no stuffing way is my answer.
  my stance is to win a gf we have to start cutting into those clearly below standard players.
and dont be offended we have gone from having to cut out and out hacks to just having to cut ordinary players but either way we need to cut em. i want us to be more than a pee ant middling team. at the end of the say that is all we currently are. a MIDDLING TEAM.

You truly are off your rocker and have this great ability to twist things completely.

did i say delist the players you mentioned? HUH?  A typical claw overereaction when someone disagrees with them.

Are they mentally week. well considering the amount of times they go missing as a collective unit, id say they are not as strong as required, at the moment.

Is that group of players equal in talent to any other group in the league?
Yes!!!!

do the top sides have their group of topline players go missing collectively as a unit as often as them?
No!

and what happens on the rare occasions they do?
They generally stuffing lose!!

We actually can generally cover one or two of our top line players going missing, but we cant cover the whole unit of them going AWOL. No side in the comp can.

But you seem to think its ok for top line players to not play to their best, as long as they dont have any deficiencies in their game , according to the word of claw that is, because in this alter reality you should have a team of A grade players.

We now have an insight into why you seem to always strive to have a team of 22 top notch players, because in your alter reality it doesn't matter if 4 or 5 of the best players go collectively missing, because there will be another dozen or so players who can magically step up and cover for this group.

meanwhile, while trying to assemble this super allstars team, other teams are winning premierships with a group of A graders that constantly bring their good game, backed up by a core of hard working, honest, solid, foot soldiers.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2013, 09:45:35 AM »

VFL team trained, not the AFL team.

Newy was talking about doing some training as the recovery group would have trained: him, Shane Edwards and Jake King being in there at the moment.