Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 318109 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hammertime
« Reply #2355 on: August 10, 2016, 12:01:59 PM »
I cant believe this thread has generated 52 pages when it can be summed up in one post .

Shaun has really exceeded expectations this year but only because most thought he was a lost cause.

Good tap ruckman and can clunk the odd mark ....thats about it .

We desperately need another ruckman who is a competitive beast ....a younger version of Ivan .

Shaun can stay as back up.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2356 on: August 10, 2016, 12:02:35 PM »
Best option we have at the moment, FACT,  so I hope all of your constant complaining, moaning and whinging makes you all feel better because he isn't going to be dropped for the rest of the season unless he is injured..  :lol

Will more than likely line up for round 1 next year again against the Blues. So you can complain about that all pre season too.. :clapping

No he isnt, like I said before would just about put any tall in his place, ie Griffiths, Elton, Mcbean.  Hell I would even play your mate Batchelor there before hampson, the opposition would still get the hits to advantage but at least we wouldn't be a man down around the ground.

Elton and McBean... :clapping...killing it in the VFL aren't they and gee McBean really took to the AFL didn't he... :help

Funnily enough I bet that Hampson would be even worse in the VFL than Elton and Mcbean and actually if you managed to read the reports or go to the games you would note both arent doing too bad

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2357 on: August 10, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »
Griffiths and Vickery have already shown a non-total spaz can get the ball somewhat when playing ruck

There is no reason McBean. Chol. Soldo. Elton. Would not also be significant  upgrade 'around the ground'

Furthermore Hampson is good at jumping But tapping it to the right spot is a different kettle of fish dumb as dog dropping as proven on thousands of occasions
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2358 on: August 10, 2016, 01:00:39 PM »
I cant believe this thread has generated 52 pages when it can be summed up in one post .

Shaun has really exceeded expectations this year but only because most thought he was a lost cause.

Except its been proven by statistics and observation that he isnt a good tap ruckman because he has a VERY low tap to advantage %.

May as well play 4 midfielders.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2359 on: August 10, 2016, 01:29:34 PM »

Except its been proven by statistics and observation that he isnt a good tap ruckman because he has a VERY low tap to advantage %.

May as well play 4 midfielders.

Exactly may as well get the tallest biggest bodied midfielder we have (which in itself may be a problem) and play him ruck to at least create a contest so the opposition dont have 100% hit out to advantage

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2360 on: August 10, 2016, 01:32:14 PM »
We already did it w moore and it worked fairy well

One of the occasions hamspud was faking injury.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2361 on: August 10, 2016, 01:33:48 PM »
We already did it w moore and it worked fairy well

One of the occasions hamspud was faking injury.

yeh the big stuffing bludger

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2362 on: August 10, 2016, 02:28:36 PM »
Best option we have at the moment, FACT,  so I hope all of your constant complaining, moaning and whinging makes you all feel better because he isn't going to be dropped for the rest of the season unless he is injured..  :lol

Will more than likely line up for round 1 next year again against the Blues. So you can complain about that all pre season too.. :clapping

No he isnt, like I said before would just about put any tall in his place, ie Griffiths, Elton, Mcbean.  Hell I would even play your mate Batchelor there before hampson, the opposition would still get the hits to advantage but at least we wouldn't be a man down around the ground.

Elton and McBean... :clapping...killing it in the VFL aren't they and gee McBean really took to the AFL didn't he... :help

Funnily enough I bet that Hampson would be even worse in the VFL than Elton and Mcbean and actually if you managed to read the reports or go to the games you would note both arent doing too bad

Go back and read the reports on the VFL when Hampson was there, I think you will see why he is now in the firsts.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2363 on: August 10, 2016, 02:29:42 PM »

We desperately need another ruckman who is a competitive beast ....a younger version of Ivan .

Shaun can stay as back up.

Dead right. But people can't stop bagging him so that's what this thread is all about now.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2364 on: August 10, 2016, 02:31:24 PM »

Go back and read the reports on the VFL when Hampson was there, I think you will see why he is now in the firsts.

Even if I read it from the pope himself I couldn't still understand it

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2365 on: August 10, 2016, 02:38:08 PM »

Even if I read it from the pope himself I couldn't still understand it

As I thought.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2366 on: August 10, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »

From a quick search his Vfl disposal stats are woeful.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2367 on: August 10, 2016, 03:40:55 PM »
Go read the VFL reports from the coach, that's what I meant, not stats.

"Rucks:

Offline Styx

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #2368 on: August 10, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »
Oh, so a fluff piece from the coach means he was killing it when the stats suggest otherwise?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2369 on: August 10, 2016, 04:12:22 PM »
Also have it on good authority that grundy does not stand around in the middle of the ground with his hands on his knees, therefore he cant be trying hard enough if he isnt obviously knackered
Doesn't train as well as..... :shh

Wait, I swear I posted a verrrrry similar post to this...
Sorry, didn't see it. Nevertheless, I feel Chucky needs the reassurance that is given with reinforcement! ;D

No apology needed as I'm sure you didn't see it. I can't even find it now. Wonder where it might have went?