Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 174471 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Shai Bolton halts contract talks with the Tigers (Zerohanger)
« Reply #255 on: March 31, 2018, 05:12:06 PM »
Wants to go home. Fair enough. Better pull the finger put or it wont be to play football for Freo or W.C.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2018, 06:26:12 PM »
Against Adelaide Bolton was one of the top 3 forwards for contested possession (5). Also in the top 3 forwards for tackles (3) and in the top 3 players in the team for pressure acts (23).

.... but let’s drop him because he’s lazy.  :lol :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2018, 06:35:51 PM »
Against Adelaide Bolton was one of the top 3 forwards for contested possession (5). Also in the top 3 forwards for tackles (3) and in the top 3 players in the team for pressure acts (23).

There you go using stats again to tell a story

You can quote as many stats as you like but I won't be changing, my  mind he was terrible Thursday night; the worst of the 3. His inability to for whatever to give 2nd efforts is a major issue.

On number of occasions Adelaide switched play through his direct opponent because they worked out very early on it was very easy out for them to make the switch
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
Watch the game, in spite of the stats his influence on the game was slight.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2018, 07:21:25 PM »

There you go using stats again to tell a story

You can quote as many stats as you like but I won't be changing, my  mind he was terrible Thursday night; the worst of the 3. His inability to for whatever to give 2nd efforts is a major issue.

On number of occasions Adelaide switched play through his direct opponent because they worked out very early on it was very easy out for them to make the switch
Bolton has played how many games WP? How many preseasons?

But Castagna can have 20 poor games and still has grace because he’s really really fast :lol
Doesn’t matter if he can’t kick or constantly makes poor decisions time after time.   :rollin

Until Rioli is fit to play we need someone to fill his role. But let’s not give notice to any premiership players no matter how bad they play.  :shh

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: March 31, 2018, 07:21:57 PM »
Watch the game, in spite of the stats his influence on the game was slight.
So were 15 other players.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
He's had 2. Castagna has had 3.

Castagna, despite he's shortcomings, was a significant contributor and influence on the ground during the finals series as a link up player. Effected contests, created worry and space.

Shai has done none of that so far this year.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: March 31, 2018, 07:33:47 PM »
He's had 2. Castagna has had 3.

Castagna, despite he's shortcomings, was a significant contributor and influence on the ground during the finals series as a link up player. Effected contests, created worry and space.

Shai has done none of that so far this year.

In my opinion he was extremely lucky to keep his spot after his performance against the cats.

His mistakes in games are telling. But let’s not drop him ever because he’s fast and he’s a premiership player.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: April 01, 2018, 01:54:13 AM »
Castagna's decision making is a real worry. He doesn't get enough of the pill to really hurt the team, but I cringe every time he has the ball.

No one can deny that he is a great tackler, but he is what he is, and that is a limited footballer. In a team with a focus on role players, he can be an asset when he can play a certain role. But if he can't, there is no room for him.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #264 on: April 01, 2018, 04:35:22 AM »
From what I've seen thus far, I agree with everyone about how ineffective he is during games, and yes stats can be very deceiving.
My question then, is, why is he in the side?
What was his level of influence in the VFL (I very rarely have time to study the VFL games or see them at all).
Could he be in the side purely for experience? This is the only logical thing that seems to make any sense as to why he is still playing. Can the coaches see stuff in him that we can't (behind closed doors training etc) , of which they are trying to bring out what playing in the VFL didn't.
Seems to me he is a terrier that is running around with german shepards trying to catch something way too big and experienced for him.
Maybe the little terrier will be able to hold his own one day (but I think that would  need to be soon, real soon).
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #265 on: April 01, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »
My biggest concern is his terrible leg.

Kicking is very up and under and lacks penetration.

Every field kick he has is a 50/50 contest.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: April 01, 2018, 08:49:38 PM »
My biggest concern is his terrible leg.

Kicking is very up and under and lacks penetration.

Every field kick he has is a 50/50 contest.

Agree one helicopter kicker in the side is enough

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2018, 03:26:33 AM »
Many in the industry think Ralph Carr took Dustin Martin’s re-signing at Richmond as a personal insult, with the player manager much keener on the bigger dollars offered by North Melbourne.

And now there’s whispers Carr is trying to get back at the Tigers by convincing young forward Shai Bolton to head home to Western Australia.

Bolton’s contract talks have stalled at Punt Road, and it’s thought his manager is deliberately making the process as painful as possible for the team that cost him 10% of the extra $300,000 a year the Kangaroos were offering Dusty.

However, it’s more a case of the Tigers being unable to make a move on Bolton and a few others until they know where they stand with Tom Lynch.

The Gold Coast star is going to cost the premiers every spare penny they’ve got, and while they’re keen to keep Bolton, they may not be able to match offers from Fremantle and West Coast.

It looks to me like one of the WA clubs will get a gun youngster at a very cheap price.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/list/the-afl-rover-say-it-aint-so-cyril-rioli-hawthorn-hawks-shai-bolton-izak-rankine/1qhcs5sjqsele1k6hxp5ud00xk/slide/2

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2018, 03:57:36 AM »
He's only shown glimpses to date. No doubt he's talented and a very classy player. But from round 1 he seemed preoccupied with trying to take mark of the year than doing the team thing or even kicking goals.

I hope he stays but if he would rather go to WA for $$$$$$$ then all the best to him. With Rioli, Higgins, Stengle, and even potentially Maurice Rioli Jr I don't think we need to bend over backwards for him

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2018, 06:19:49 AM »
Unless he is given more chances this year there is a real risk regardless of how much money is offered he will leave the club.