Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 408175 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch is a Tiger [official]
« Reply #1545 on: September 21, 2019, 10:47:34 AM »
Embarrassing last night Tom
Ball hits his hands and bounces off
No leadership
Doesn’t ruck
Useless below the knees
And got towelled up by Jackson Trengove who is on a pie and a packet of chips for his yearly wage , spare me please
What does Tom actually do ?

I know I shouldn't do this as I'm technically baiting but seeing Jack deleted his account what the heck

Actually saw Jack last night, he was like all of us rapt with the result. He said to me "Go tigers". I said "yeah and what about that dud Tom Lynch   :lol" ( yes I laughed as I said it)... for reason I d0nt get he didn't get the joke  ;D

:thumbsup

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1546 on: September 21, 2019, 01:19:28 PM »
How good was Lynch!!!!! Absolute colossus. That mark he took when he had 3 opponents was absolutely legendary. My boy Lynch deserves a premiership medal for his heroics all season. I hope to dear god we can cross that last hurdle

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Tom Lynch is a Tiger [official]
« Reply #1547 on: September 21, 2019, 01:24:45 PM »
Embarrassing last night Tom
Ball hits his hands and bounces off
No leadership
Doesn’t ruck
Useless below the knees
And got towelled up by Jackson Trengove who is on a pie and a packet of chips for his yearly wage , spare me please
What does Tom actually do ?

I know I shouldn't do this as I'm technically baiting but seeing Jack deleted his account what the heck

Actually saw Jack last night, he was like all of us rapt with the result. He said to me "Go tigers". I said "yeah and what about that dud Tom Lynch   :lol" ( yes I laughed as I said it)... for reason I d0nt get he didn't get the joke  ;D

:clapping
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1548 on: September 21, 2019, 03:26:19 PM »
Geelong wasn't the only team that lost on Friday night

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
21 September 2019

Dermott Brereton has long been a huge fan of Lynch and believes he showed what he is capable of on the big stage.

“I always thought he could be Wayne Carey like if he had sideways movement and agility. He doesn’t, so you work with what you’ve got and what you’ve got is a monster engine,” Brereton said.

“People out there look at this boy who is 198cm, he’s 6 foot 6 and they think he’s going to lumber to the ball and take a mark. He drill runs as hard as anyone in the competition.

“He is an endurance beast and he will run at it and charge at it. He’s a wonderful player.”

Geelong was obviously the biggest loser of last night’s Preliminary Final, but David King believes there was another loser – the Gold Coast Suns.

It was their former captain in Tom Lynch who tore the game apart for Richmond, kicking five goals, taking 10 marks – four contested and six inside 50 – and finishing with 12 score involvements in the 19-point victory.

Lynch was the best player on the ground and lived up to everything Richmond would have wanted when they splashed for him in free agency.

King however believes this example shows other young Suns players what is available if you choose to leave the struggling club.

“It was a big moment for two clubs. It was a massive moment for Richmond and a horrible moment for the Gold Coast Suns,” he told SEN’s Crunch Time.

“It basically said this is what is open to you if you are willing to walk and come to the big towns and play serious football.

“I couldn’t help but feel that. The lure of 95,000 people screaming for you on Preliminary Final weekend bypasses anything you want to throw up.

“Tenure, performance, honour, integrity, it just said, you know what, this is what is available.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/09/21/geelong-wasnt-the-only-team-that-lost-on-friday-night/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1549 on: September 23, 2019, 08:28:33 PM »
Long time between Grand Finals for newest Tiger hero

AFL.com.au
Sarah Black
Sep 23, 2019

THE LAST Grand Final Tom Lynch attended was in 2010.

He was a 17-year-old passionate Magpie fan, who saw his side triumph in the famous "replay" against St Kilda.

On Saturday, he'll be lining up in Richmond's forward 50, having come via Gold Coast in his quest to play in that one day in September.

"That was the last day I was a Collingwood fan," Lynch said with a grin.

"It was obviously a big occasion, and being 17 at the time, it was a massive buzz to go to a Grand Final.

"I've been overseas most of the time (for Grand Finals since then)."

For Lynch to even be in this position is an achievement, given his at-times rocky start at Tigerland.

The star recruit came to the club on the back of a serious knee injury that required two surgeries last year, in July while at the Suns and again in November to tidy up scar tissue.

He had an extremely limited pre-season, failing to play a practice match and only training once a week for the first half of the season proper.

Lynch had patchy form early on as a consequence and was even labelled a "liability" by Essendon great Matthew Lloyd in May, but has steadily built to kick 61 goals, playing every game of the season.

"You'd be lying if you said you didn't hear it, the critics and that," Lynch said.

"But as I said a number of times, I spoke to 'Dimma' (coach Damien Hardwick) and 'Mini' (forwards coach Andrew McQualter) and the guys at the footy club whose opinions I really value, and they were really supportive.

"They said I was playing a role for the team and bringing others into it, that 'we're really happy with you, you can perform better, but we're really happy with how you're going,'."

The 26-year-old is in his first finals series after playing his first eight AFL seasons at the Suns and has shown no sign of nerves.

Against Geelong in last Friday night's preliminary final he was particularly outstanding, booting five goals from 19 disposals and 10 marks. He also picked up nine AFLCA votes.

Saturday's Grand Final opponent, Greater Western Sydney, is a different kettle of fish, led by intercept kings Phil Davis and Nick Haynes.

Davis was hobbled in his preliminary final by three separate injuries – a dislocated finger, a calf issue which saw him moved to full-forward and then a shoulder complaint – but shook them off to go back to defence in the frantic final minutes.

"They've obviously got some great players down there. I think Nick Haynes has been in super form," Lynch said.

"I expect Phil Davis to play, pretty much every time I've played the Giants I've matched up on him. That's the way I'm looking at it at this stage.

"He obviously was a bit sore, but I'd be a bit foolish to expect him to be less than 100 per cent on the weekend."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-23/long-time-between-grand-finals-for-newest-tiger-hero

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Lynch confident, not complacent (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1550 on: September 24, 2019, 12:34:08 PM »
Tom Lynch confident, not complacent

Jon Ralph,
Herald Sun
24 Sep 2019

Tom Lynch says he won’t be lulled into a false sense of confidence on Saturday despite his own record on Phil Davis and the GWS captain’s trio of injuries.

The brilliant Tigers recruit has stunned Richmond insiders to play the 12th most minutes of anyone in the competition and kick 61.31 including five preliminary final goals.

He kicked 4.1 against Phil Davis and Sam Taylor in Round 3 and three goals from 18 possessions in Round 17.

Davis is adamant he will play after dislocating a finger as well as back spasms that flared an existing calf injury.

But after having the better of Lynch last year in the weeks before he had knee surgery (0.0 and five kicks), Davis has his work cut out.

Remarkable chilled after his superb preliminary final display, first-year Tiger Lynch said he was preparing to go head-to-head with Davis again.

“They have got some great players down there and I think Nick Haynes has been in super form and Phil Davis, I am expecting him to play,” he said.

“About every time I have met the Giants I have matched up on him and that’s the way I would be looking at it at this stage.

“He obviously was a bit sore but I would be a bit foolish to suspect he will be less than 100 per cent on the weekend.”

“He is comfortable with the focus being on him leading into the Grand Final but Richmond’s strength is in its multiple forward targets.

In Round 23 Jack Riewoldt cashed in against the Lions with four early goals, before Dustin Martin kicked six in the qualifying final as Lynch dragged Harris Andrews away from the action.

“I feel pretty good at the moment,” Lynch said.

“It was good to play in a preliminary final. 94,000 at the MCG - it doesn’t get much better than that.

“As a forward group we know some players will bob up with goals and others will have quieter games but we value role players.“

Dusty got on the end the week before and Jack’s goal output was down but we thought he had a massive impact on the game.”

On the day Gold Coast had its priority pick decided upon by the AFL Commission, ex-Suns captain Lynch said he was confident his former team was as well-placed as at any time in its history.But with as photos of ex-Suns Lynch, Josh Caddy and Dion Prestia in their formative years do the rounds, it is another reminder of what the club has lost.

“I suppose we have taken different roads to get here and it was pretty fun on the weekend,” he said.

“Dion kicked it to me a few times and I gave him one back and that was pretty special to be playing alongside them in a prelim. Especially Dion, I played six years with him at the Gold Coast and it’s good to be back with him this year.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-september-23-2019/live-coverage/32cf3a92a8dc867c8e36223dff2e06bc

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fits like a glove: How Lynch broke through the BS & proved naysayers wrong (Fox)
« Reply #1551 on: September 26, 2019, 01:58:49 AM »
Fits like a glove: How Tiger broke through the bulls**t and proved naysayers wrong

September 26, 2019
Sarah Olle
FOX SPORTS

There's a constant theme when it comes to Tom Lynch.

Whether you’ve known him for one year or your entire life, he’s regarded as one of the most down to earth and genuine blokes you’re ever bound to meet.

It strikes a somewhat uncomfortable chord that a man on close to $1 million per season could be free of airs and graces. But the deeper you dig with Lynch, the more you realise there’s no dirt to uncover.

Myles Pitt grew up with Lynch in Sorrento.

One year older than Lynch, he enjoyed a front-row seat to his best mate’s development on the footy field, often watching as he booted bags of six or more goals.

“He had a massive growth spurt when he was 16,” Pitt recalls.

“He played the last year at Dandenong Stingrays and got ‘best on’ nearly every game.

“He was always amazing as a junior, but his last year he absolutely dominated.”

While Lynch went on to be drafted to the Gold Coast Suns, Pitt remained in Sorrento, managing his family’s hotel.

He - along with all of Lynch’s childhood friends - have loved nothing more than having him up the highway in Melbourne this year.

“Every chance he gets he comes down here to see his folks and all of his mates,” Pitt says.

“It’s a lot more fitting for him to be close to his family. I’m pretty sure they go to every home game. He lives with one of his sisters, Bethany. He’s just super tight with his family.

“From all reports at Richmond, they’re all super close and Tom just fits like a glove there.”

The reports are accurate.

In less than 12 months, Lynch has embedded himself into the fabric of the Richmond Football Club. It hasn’t been manufactured, but instead an organic process.

As Kane Lambert suggests, Lynch’s contribution to the Tigers has been so profound it feels like he’s been at the club for years.

“Tom’s going to have an impact at this football club off field as much as he will on field,” Lambert says.

“You speak to him and he hasn’t got a bad word to say about anyone.

“Besides his football ability, he’s been a huge acquisition for us around the place, in the gym, in meetings. And his presence on the field is just huge.

“Particularly through that period where we’d lost a few leaders – he didn’t play much football last year, but he kept us in games. If we didn’t have it, our season would probably be looking a lot different.

“He’s a fantastic player, a fantastic person and I’m so glad to have him at the club.”

Given Lynch captained the Suns, his leadership credentials speak for themselves. It’s of little surprise his voice on and off the field has resonated deeply.

But given his limited pre-season – he ostensibly didn’t complete one – Lynch’s ability to play every game, the majority without fellow forward Jack Riewoldt, shouldn’t be understated.

“He was getting maligned, and probably unfairly,” Lambert recalls.

“He hadn’t played footy for nearly 12 months, with a massive knee injury. He just kept showing up, even if he didn’t get the reward.”

On Friday night against Richmond, Lynch more than showed up, booting five goals in a performance it appeared he was destined for.

Pitt said it was just further proof that so many Lynch doubters had gotten it wrong.

“To think that he didn’t do a pre-season and all of the rubbish that comes with the ‘million dollar’ tag, it’s pretty scary what he did on the weekend,” Pitt says.

“Imagine what he’ll be like in two or three years’ time. It just couldn’t be happening to a better man.”

Lynch will be just one of a handful of Tigers to run out on to the MCG on Saturday who didn’t feature in the 2017 decider.

Yet so seamless has Lynch’s transition been at Tigerland, Nick Vlastuin often forgets he wasn’t a part of it.

“I feel bad because sometimes you talk about 2017 over a couple of beers or after training and he’s just sitting there so you want to win it for him so he can be part of those conversations,” Vlastuin says.

“It would be awesome to win for people like Tommy Lynch.”

So just how will Lynch be feeling ahead of what could be a life changing couple of hours on Saturday?

According to Pitt, totally relaxed.

“He’s just a low key person,” he says.

“After totally dominating on the weekend he was so chilled and relaxed. It didn’t really seem like he’d just kicked five goals in a Preliminary Final.

“You’d think after that performance you’d be a bit up and about, but not Tom.”

A premiership, then, may not change Lynch all that much.

Sure, he’ll the carry prestige, but only on his Wikipedia page.

And this summer, premiership or not, he’s certain to be back where he always is – and where it all began – on the Mornington Peninsula.

Perhaps, even enjoying a few pots at the Sorrento Hotel.

“He hasn’t changed at all. He’s the same dopey bloke as he was in primary school as he is now,” Pitt says.

“You wouldn’t know the difference from Tom of 2010 to Tom of now.

“He’s got time for everyone. Anywhere he goes, no matter who he’s talking to, he’s got time for them.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-grand-final-2019-tom-lynch-feature-richmond-vs-gws-giants-sorrento-gold-coast/news-story/f5c7a173d6422360be0a88b790de599d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
‘Fawlty Towers moment’ in Pies’ failed Lynch recruiting bid (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1552 on: September 27, 2019, 08:22:35 PM »
‘Fawlty Towers moment’ in Pies’ failed Lynch recruiting bid

Jon Ralph
Herald Sun
28 September 2019

It is seven days after Nathan Buckley upset Tom Lynch by confirming their mid-season meeting and Collingwood is desperate for one final chance to woo the colt from the Gold Coast.

As three powerhouse clubs clamour for his services, Magpies list boss Ned Guy drives down the highway to the Blairgowrie home of Lynch’s parents.

It is July 30, 2018, and free agent Lynch is recovering from knee surgery.

Gold Coast has already registered its fury that its captain is meeting rivals mid-year, yet Lynch’s manager Robbie D’Orazio is determined to gather enough information for his star client to decide.

“It was very funny. We went to his parents house with Ned and I remember going to meet Tom saying, ‘This is the last meeting, Ned wants to do a last-minute list presentation’,” Robbie D’Orazio tells the Herald Sun.

“He was going through the best 22, talking about who Tom would play with and I remember looking out the loungeroom window and out from a bush pops David Zita (from Footy Classified) with a cameraman.

“They had looked in Ned’s car and seen his Collingwood backpack with NG on it. I said to Ned, ‘I am allowed to be here, but you aren’t’.”

What follows is black comedy straight out of Fawlty Towers.

D’Orazio moves Guy’s car around a side entrance and Guy is so desperate to escape unseen that he reportedly jumps a fence to avoid those cameras.

“It wasn’t a fence jump, but it may have been a bush run,” D’Orazio says, laughing.

“It was funny, but it wasn’t a reason not to pick them. By then he had probably made up his mind.”

HOW PUNT RD WAS WON

Tom Lynch sits in a corner of the Richmond weights room 14 months after the Magpies raid and only five days before today’s Grand Final.

In one phenomenal season he has mocked his critics, vindicated his choice and re-emerged as one of footy’s most dominant stars.

Bedecked in Richmond colours today, there is no doubt this could have turned out so differently.

Hawthorn believed at one stage they had won his services as captain Jarryd Roughead and coach Alastair Clarkson made sustained pitches.

And the jumper he wore as a junior underlines what a seismic call it was to ignore Collingwood.

Tom Lynch grew up a Pies nuffy.

“I was a typical kid. Buckley’s jumper on my back, loved him, part of the Buckley Brigade as a kid growing up and went up to the family days at Victoria Park,” Lynch says with a laugh.

How do you knock back Bucks when he is sitting there pleading with you to come to his club?

“Well I met with three clubs, which has been publicised, and I walked away blown away by the three of them. Couldn’t be more impressed. I was so happy I decided on Richmond but when I was 15 or 16 to think that could happen, to be in a room talking to these guys, you never really dream of it. (Buckley) went through some of the spots I could play, where they saw me fitting in.”

Lynch can see the humour in being stalked by Nine’s cameras even if it was far from hilarious as it unfolded.

“Yeah, it was weird. I was cooped up in my house as well with my knee so I had a bit of cabin fever. And then yeah, I was like, ‘I am at my parents house and I don’t really want cameras’. I am trying to recover from my knee. I got a call from my manager saying, ‘It’s going to air’. I don’t watch it, I didn’t want to, but we can laugh about it now.”

Aware by the mid-year bye he would leave Gold Coast, he jammed in Round 14 knee surgery, meetings with three clubs, that Blairgowrie drama, a meeting with Suns chief executive Mark Evans to alert him he was leaving, and an August 2 flight back to his club to tell his teammates. He says all that pain was a necessary evil as he gradually became aware Richmond fitted him hand-in-glove.

“From outside looking in, it looked like a great group. They had something special,” Lynch said.

“Watching on that Friday night with Jack Higgins making everyone laugh at halftime (Round 15) and things like that, it just seemed like a great club to be part of.

“Just watching it on the couch, it wasn’t a light bulb moment — it was pretty cool.

“I just think at Richmond they had great stability across the board. The other clubs did as well, but Richmond stood out to me and Dimma as a coach.

“Playing alongside Jack (Riewoldt) too, I felt like I would fit in and it was almost a perfect job description to come in and learn off Jack. He has been awesome.”

It was a challenging and dramatic time for Lynch in which his loyalty and integrity was questioned and yet he would emerge mostly unscathed.

In hindsight the PCL surgery that he needed so desperately meant Gold Coast wanted an early decision on his future, but then grew frustrated when he actively met clubs to make that call.

Eventually after the meeting with Guy was publicised, Evans drove to meet the recuperating Lynch and ask him the tough questions.

Lynch had already told some officials and players of his intention to leave.

GOLD COAST’S FRUSTRATIONS

The Suns felt embarrassed that Buckley had outed himself as having met their co-captain when they had no idea he was even speaking to other clubs.

Lynch’s camp felt he had already made it clear he was leaving and was only picking a club early to give the Suns clarity over his future.

Despite all that, Evans said Lynch emerged with reputation preserved.

“These sorts of situations are never easy. They test friendships, because would have loved for Tom to continue his career at the Gold Coast Suns,” Evans said.

“But he is still a great person and a great player and he gave a great contribution to the Suns.”

Before he could move on, Lynch needed to tell his team face-to-face.

Touk Miller and Jack Bowes were particularly scathing of Lynch, despite his desire to be upfront.

“I could completely understand what the players felt because I had only told a couple of them,” Lynch said.

“Your captain is down in Melbourne and you are seeing on the news that he is meeting with this club and that club.

“I got off the plane and walked in and told them the news. It was one of those things you have to go through in life.

“It doesn’t matter what your workplace is, you are going to have some uncomfortable conversations.

“There was a sense that I tried to do the best thing I could in the situation, but at the end of it, if you weren’t privy to all the information you would be pretty frustrated by it.”

Eventually Richmond would be told of his intention to join them in preliminary final week.

They knew he was the perfect fit but wanted the news out before potentially winning a second flag.

If he were to arrive, they wanted it known he was coming for the right reasons, not like the NBA’s Kevin Durant, chasing premierships at a team that couldn’t seem to lose.

D’Orazio couldn’t admire his client or his high level of integrity any more.

“I am so proud of him the way he has handled everything. People jumped on him early in the year but he didn’t do a pre-season. He knew coming to Melbourne the pressure would come but he has handled it so well. Matty Lloyd went him (for his form) but he even went on (Lloyd’s) Sunday Footy Show afterwards. His ability to bounce back despite the pressure on him is a testament to him.

“He is a gentle giant off the field and just ruthless on the field.”

LYNCH’S MATE JOHN

Ask Shane McCarthy what he remembers of Tom Lynch growing up as a kid at the Sorrento footy club and he takes you back a generation.

Shane’s late son John McCarthy and Tom were separated by three years but shared a desperation to make a name for themselves on footy’s grand stage.

“My relationship with Tom goes back much further than Tom,” McCarthy said this week.

“I came down to Sorrento in 1976 and in 1977 his father Peter was only 15½ and he played on a wing for Sorrento against Mornington in a final.

“He was only a baby, but he would have been a champion. Within a month of that final I was visiting him in Fairfield in an iron lung. He had contracted polio.

“He never played much again.”

Tom’s mother Maria is a Delahunty from Murtoa, near Horsham in Victoria’s west.

Of her siblings, brother Hugh played 46 games for Essendon and became a Victorian politician, Mike played 42 games for Collingwood and Mary was an ABC journalist who also became a politician.

“So Tom has some good breeding in him,” McCarthy said of Lynch, whose sister Bethany plays AFLW for North Melbourne and shares a house with him in Richmond.

Maria is a nurse, while Peter works in Melbourne for Telstra and commutes daily.

The families shared camping trips up on the Murray River near Tocumwal and one magical AFL game when they gathered on the Gold Coast to watch the boys play against each other.

John would play 18 games over four years at Collingwood then 21 at Port Adelaide in 2012 before his tragic death in Las Vegas that year.

Tom Lynch will never forget his friend’s legacy.

“He was three years older than me, but we grew up together. We used to go camping on the river with him and it was awesome. Just tracking him and watching him play footy and I would chat to him and pick his brain on things.

“I remember I was flying to Spain and we found out the tragic news when we got to Dubai. It was obviously shattering for everyone, for his family and Kate and Shane. At the end of the day it’s just a game and there are so many bigger things in life.”

Says McCarthy of that Gold Coast game: “It was a great day on the Gold Coast in 2012. John playing for Port and Tom in his first year on the Gold Coast and thank God Port won. But it was so good for the families to be together.”

THE COMFORT OF DIMMA

Lynch feels at home on the field and in the comfort of the Richmond’s surrounds.

“A month ago I had my lean patch and was having some criticism and Dimma rang me up at Tuesday at 7pm. He said, ‘We love you and we are happy with how you are going and your best footy is in front of you’,” he said.

“It was just a small thing, but it summed him up, the care he has for players. You get worried straight away. Am I getting dropped this week?’ “He should be switching off but he thought it was important to ring me up.”

He will run through the banner today having realised a dream from those days in Sorrento and playing with his mates in the backyard at Blairgowrie.

“You dream but you never think you are going to get there as a kid. In the backyard like all kids you talk about who you are pretending to be. It’s not a reality, it’s a very big dream. So to play in the AFL Grand final, I can’t wait.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/tom-lynch-the-making-of-a-richmond-star/news-story/889fd839a14464710607c3f7956ec22c

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1553 on: September 29, 2019, 07:14:13 AM »
Tom Lynch – 7

Looked like taking the game apart early with a couple of contested marks on his opponent Aidan Corr. Finished with two goals from 13 disposals and seven marks and laid off a beautifully weighted pass to set up a Shai Bolton's goal.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-28/player-ratings-richmond

TOM LYNCH 6

Made a call Greta Thunberg would’ve been proud of by choosing the Tigers over Collingwood and Hawthorn last year. What are his old Gold Coast teammates thinking? Get out?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/afl-grand-final-player-ratings-dustin-martin-and-bachar-houli-shine-toby-green-phil-davis-flop/news-story/3b13f40fe020027c0e71ae275f356ff2

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1554 on: September 29, 2019, 03:33:32 PM »
What a season kept us in it when we had a few out.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1555 on: September 29, 2019, 04:02:56 PM »
Outstanding brilliant season. A recruiting masterstroke

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1556 on: September 30, 2019, 10:43:15 AM »
Excellent year, good game in the GF - lots of big grabs etc.

Have to say though I thought he was robbed and manhandled all day. Definitely got the wrong end of the stick with the umps did Tom IMO.

He's so big that the umps let the opposition get away with so much.

Reminds me of when I was played mixed netball. The refs just let the women push & shove the men all day long but not the other way around.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1557 on: September 30, 2019, 10:56:02 AM »
Yeah he got robbed a bunch of marks but we thrashed em anyway
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1558 on: September 30, 2019, 03:53:40 PM »
Without Lynch in the early part of the season. playing without any preseason, playing unfit we don't make the top 4

Without Lynch taking those big marks and kicking the goals against Geelong we don't make the Grand Final

Without Lynch leading Haynes away and allowing Jack to play on the not quite fit Davis and kick five goals.....nah we would have won anyway  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1559 on: September 30, 2019, 05:28:47 PM »
Without Lynch in the early part of the season. playing without any preseason, playing unfit we don't make the top 4

Without Lynch taking those big marks and kicking the goals against Geelong we don't make the Grand Final

Without Lynch leading Haynes away and allowing Jack to play on the not quite fit Davis and kick five goals.....nah we would have won anyway  ;D

Perfect summation

Perfect  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)