Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 362315 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Umpire appreciation round
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2013, 12:24:28 AM »
Just wanted to show my appreciation

:outtahere

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Umpire appreciation round
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2013, 12:27:26 AM »
They screwed us when we had momentum. Gifted the Cats about 4 goals in the 2nd
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2013, 12:48:53 AM »
The umps were terrible  :banghead but we didn't do outselves any favours before half-time. Chaplin handballing to the feet of his teammates in defence surrounded by Geelong players and then Houli and Grimes stuff up a 2-1 advantage allowing the one Cat to keep the ball in play and get it to West for another gifted goal. We just gave away too many soft easy goals via dumb turnovers. So instead of going into half-time a couple of goals in front and a chance to apply scoreboard pressure to Geelong, we switched off in intensity and pressure and allowed them the lead.

As for the umps - just 4 frees in a half of football when we were in front for most of it and had more of the ball was a joke  ::). Then the third quarter umpiring got to us. The turning point was when Dusty marked in front of goal and the ump pulled a free to Geelong back where the ball came from. Those are momentum changes  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #258 on: May 05, 2013, 01:44:29 AM »
Terrible. Just terrible.

Especially the bald bastard with number 15 on his back.
White maggot if I've ever seen one.
Learn the rules you idiot!
The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

« Reply #259 on: May 05, 2013, 02:00:20 AM »
Early third quarter some elderly bloke in front of me just got out of his seat and said "stuff this, I'm not putting up with this. I'm going." And just walked out lol.

Can't put them down as the reason of the loss, but it was one of the most disgusting umpiring performances of any game. I'm having a lot of trouble trying to stay interested with the same old mediocre Richmond and absolutely atrocious adjudication.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:22:23 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2013, 07:23:14 AM »
We received not a single free kick in the 2nd quarter  :huh.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2013, 08:13:46 AM »
Disgraceful

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2013, 08:30:04 AM »
If they're waiting for any "appreciation" from me, on last night's effort they can hold their breath til they turn blue and asphyxiate. Words haven't been invented that can describe how much I DESPISE the lot of them, and their brain-dead boss Geischen (surely, a bitter, sacked ex-Richmond employee with a lifelong axe to grind. What other explanation can there be for the continual reaming we receive from these maggots, week in week out?) Last night's game was nothing more than an exercise in assuring a fairy tale result for Stevie.J and Corey. From the 20 minute mark of the 2nd qtr, until the point in the 3rd when (combined with losing our rucks) they just crushed every bit of resistance out of us with their continually one-way interpretations. I hope they all rot in hell.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2013, 09:24:05 AM »
If they're waiting for any "appreciation" from me, on last night's effort they can hold their breath til they turn blue and asphyxiate. Words haven't been invented that can describe how much I DESPISE the lot of them, and their brain-dead boss Geischen (surely, a bitter, sacked ex-Richmond employee with a lifelong axe to grind. What other explanation can there be for the continual reaming we receive from these maggots, week in week out?) Last night's game was nothing more than an exercise in assuring a fairy tale result for Stevie.J and Corey. From the 20 minute mark of the 2nd qtr, until the point in the 3rd when (combined with losing our rucks) they just crushed every bit of resistance out of us with their continually one-way interpretations. I hope they all rot in hell.

I felt your pain Rolls when I saw you on the big screen going off  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
umpire appreciation round.....what a freaking joke that is

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2013, 09:29:41 AM »

I felt your pain Rolls when I saw you on the big screen going off  :thumbsup

Cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »
No noi really did appreciate their continued lack I'd consistency in their interpretation of rules in season 2013

They been nothing if not consistent this year with their ineptitude

Congrats  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2013, 10:04:01 AM »
I am fast losing interest in this game, is a joke of the highest order. Watched the adel hawks game earlier and that was a joke too. They have ruined the game, they don't want body on body. They want both players looking at the ball and jumping at the ball not worrying about their opponent. What ideological BS.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #268 on: May 05, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »
I am fast losing interest in this game, is a joke of the highest order. Watched the adel hawks game earlier and that was a joke too. They have ruined the game, they don't want body on body. They want both players looking at the ball and jumping at the ball not worrying about their opponent. What ideological BS.

They could learn from the flawless vfl umpiring
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: May 05, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »

:clapping

Biggest hates

1 Umpires
2 Selwood
3 Johnson