Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 454394 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3105 on: October 01, 2017, 10:41:59 AM »
Jack, Trent and Rance all the leaders stood up in Grand Final-the one that counts.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3106 on: November 14, 2017, 10:02:43 PM »
From the draft to the cup: Jack Riewoldt

In a special series leading up to the 2017 AFL national draft, richmondfc.com.au takes a look back at the Tigers’ construction of their drought-breaking premiership team this year via the competition’s main talent acquisition pathway throughout the past decade. Today, we focus on Richmond’s recruitment of Jack Riewoldt.

Entering the 2006 national draft, Richmond Recruiting Manager Francis Jackson was strong in his opinion of who he wanted to select with the Club’s first pick (No. 13 overall).

Jackson had closely monitored talented Tasmanian teenage forward Jack Riewoldt’s progress representing his state at the under-18 national championships during the ’06 season, playing for the Tassie Devils in the VFL competition, as well as at senior TSL level with Clarence, and he was really impressed by the quality of football he had produced.

It was a delighted, and relieved, Jackson, who spoke about Riewoldt in the wake of his drafting by the Tigers.

Read full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-11-14/from-the-draft-to-the-cup-jack-riewoldt

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3107 on: February 01, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »
Jack only needs 12 goals to enter the top 5 all-time Tiger goalkickers.

Jack Titus                970
Matthew Richardson 800
Kevin Bartlett          778
Michael Roach         607
Dick Harris              548
Jack Riewoldt          537*

He also is just 15 goals away from reaching the 300-goal milestone at Richmond’s MCG home ground.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-02-01/jack-jumps-up-on-goal-list

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3108 on: February 01, 2018, 09:07:56 PM »
Will probably finish his career fourth on that list

Not a bad effort for a player half the experts on here had written off a few years ago

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3109 on: February 01, 2018, 11:48:55 PM »
Will probably finish his career fourth on that list

Not a bad effort for a player half the experts on here had written off a few years ago

I reckon we'll get 5 more years out of Jack - injuries permitting.
That's at least another 250 goals  :shh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3110 on: March 07, 2018, 02:47:12 AM »
Jack Riewoldt banned by his wife from singing The Killers’ Mr Brightside

Herald Sun
March 6, 2018

JACK Riewoldt has been banned from belting out the song that has become synonymous with Richmond’s Grand Final victory.

No, not ‘We’re From Tigerland’ — The Killers’ Mr Brightside.

Riewoldt famously joined the Las Vegas rockers on stage after the Tigers’ drought-breaking premiership, grabbing a mic and singing along with frontman Brandon Flowers.

So ensued a summer of the song being played on repeat at club celebrations, parties and weddings.

And his wife Carly, who he wed mere weeks after the Grand Final, has drawn a line.

“I’ve been banned from singing it,” he laughed.

“My wife has banned me from singing that.”

It hasn’t stopped him from engaging in a bit of car-aeoke, though.

“A couple of times — don’t worry,” he said.

“Windows up, though, so I’m not getting caught out.”

When Damien Hardwick was asked about Riewoldt’s performance on stage he admitted he’d not previously been a fan of The Killers.

Now? It brings back terrific memories.

“The Killers were not one of my faves, but now when I hear that song it’s automatically the first thing I think about, is Jack on that stage,” He told Fox Footy.

“I remember I snuck up, my phone was in my jacket pocket upstairs in the coaches box and I snuck up there with the old man and had a beer and we were sitting there talking for probably 10-12 minutes and knew the concert was going on but didn’t really pay much attention to it.

“Then I look and thought, who’s that guy? Not the best looking singer I’ve seen,

“Geez that’s Jack!

“All of a sudden I saw Jack Riewoldt on screen with The Killers. Memorable moment, something I’ll never forget.”

So what is Richmond do repeat their glorious season? What will the next song choice be?

“​I don’t know. He’s probably a bit of a Proclaimers guy I reckon, the 500 Miles type thing.”

Riewoldt returned to the MCG today in his role as a Macca’s Kick 2 Kick ambassador, and said being back on the turf was an “eerie feeling”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/jack-riewoldt-banned-by-his-wife-from-singing-the-killers-mr-brightside/news-story/6ff335851fe40d5f16776f2fb32b63fd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3111 on: March 23, 2018, 02:57:51 AM »
Jack not only kicked 4 goals last night but he showed why he is now in the leadership group. He was the one who sparked the comeback from 5 goals down early on.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3112 on: March 23, 2018, 05:55:38 AM »
His work rate was really impressive particularly his chasing. Was consistent throughout the game.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3113 on: March 23, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
Star :gotigers

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3114 on: March 24, 2018, 10:48:29 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I love Jack, he's a superstar but when he lines up for goal and turns to kick around the corner, DRIVES ME stuffing INSANE.
Jack needs to start kicking the ball as all the best players have every done.
What's the best kick in our awesome sport, of course the drop punt.
From tight on the boundary, yeah of course fair enough, but stuff me, from 60 degrees out, ya gotta be shittin me.
I've even seen him do it from 30 metres out directly in front.
This has gotta stop, he misses more this way of rubbish kicking than a regulation drop punt.
C'mon Jack get back to kicking great goals, PROPERLY!
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3115 on: March 24, 2018, 11:04:55 AM »

This has gotta stop, he misses more this way of rubbish kicking than a regulation drop

No he doesn’t

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3116 on: March 24, 2018, 11:08:22 AM »
Jack only needs 12 goals to enter the top 5 all-time Tiger goalkickers.

Jack Titus                970
Matthew Richardson 800
Kevin Bartlett          778
Michael Roach         607
Dick Harris              548
Jack Riewoldt          537*

He also is just 15 goals away from reaching the 300-goal milestone at Richmond’s MCG home ground.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-02-01/jack-jumps-up-on-goal-list

On a side note, Titus might have been some sort of player.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #3117 on: March 24, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »

This has gotta stop, he misses more this way of rubbish kicking than a regulation drop

No he doesn’t
3rd qrt Jack was about 25 metres out on a slight angle and goes around the corner and misses and your ok with this?
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3118 on: March 24, 2018, 02:34:54 PM »

No he doesn’t
3rd qrt Jack was about 25 metres out on a slight angle and goes around the corner and misses and your ok with this?

So what, I could pull out many examples of where he has a set shot and misses.

How do you know with your example whether he would have kicked that from a set shot, I will tell you, you don’t.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3119 on: March 24, 2018, 02:38:40 PM »

No he doesn’t

So what, I could pull out many examples of where he has a set shot and misses.

How do you know with your example whether he would have kicked that from a set shot, I will tell you, you don’t.

He has done this from a similar angle 41 times throughout his AFL career. His success rate with the drop punt is 77%, the snap %78.  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"