Author Topic: 2008 Draw  (Read 12558 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2008 Draw
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 06:31:44 AM »
just proves that our club board and president have no power push or say in anything.

we need a board that will command respect and fight tooth and nailo 4 what is right for us.

march is weak, is an afl pushover, has no presence about him  and no one in the afl listens to anything he says

we have to many fos tossers running our club

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers snarling over Dome home games (The Age)
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 11:32:59 AM »
The Club's draw wishes should be more demanding so they get what they want. We should be demanding all 11 home games at the 'G and say so publicly too. Sure the AFL will laugh but when they say 7 the middle ground is 9. Asking for only 9 means the middle ground is 8 which is what we got. We only asked for 9 last year trying to be reasonable and copped the same shabby treatment from the AFL so we should have learnt from it.

It's frustrating that when the club needs to be publicly vocal on things like receiving dud draws it's silent, yet when it should shut-up say before the start of the season it opens its big gob only to filled with our own foot :-\. The Club should be flat out angry about this not just "disappointed".

The league recently tried to convince the club to agree to a 7-4 home-game split between the MCG and Telstra Dome
Get stuffed would be my response  :banghead

I'm sure Browny is rapt about playing Melbourne at the Dome  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »
The thing that irks me about it is Hawthorn and Melbourne "sell" home games interstate and still get their 8 MCG home games.
Why should these "sold" games never be their MCG home games? Seems to me we're the ones the AFL wants to shunt over to TD to cover the teams who should be playing there. It sucks.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 12:30:29 PM »
The thing that irks me about it is Hawthorn and Melbourne "sell" home games interstate and still get their 8 MCG home games.
Why should these "sold" games never be their MCG home games? Seems to me we're the ones the AFL wants to shunt over to TD to cover the teams who should be playing there. It sucks.
Exactly. It's all about using us and the crowds we draw to satisfy the Collins and the Dome in terms of $$$. That's why we play Victorian sides there like St Kilda yet are playing interstate sides still at the larger 'G. The AFL are pushing us to make the Dome more our home ground  >:(.

Tigermonk

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »
sounds really fishy to me  ;D

Weak people like the President to the board that represent the club
we have the weakest link
l better not start talking about his failed buisness dealings outside of football  ;D

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 12:54:37 PM »

we have the weakest link
l better not start talking about his failed buisness dealings outside of football  ;D

March has done a bloody good job with our finances off the field but certainly has no where near the impact he should have to get us those 9-10 home MCG games.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 12:55:52 PM »

we have the weakest link

What the ??  Leave March out of this.
Dont let facts like the CEO being the administrator of the club has the responsibility to push for fixturing !
The only way to improve the draw position for the Tigers is to get better on-field results.
All this dreaming of being a power ... only sustained success on-field in finals, TV viewers and in attendance numbers will make the AFL take notice which would result in the favoured RFC draw.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 01:01:42 PM »

we have the weakest link

Dont let facts like the CEO being the administrator of the club has the responsibility to push for fixturing !
The only way to improve the draw position for the Tigers is to get better on-field results.
All this dreaming of being a power ... only sustained success on-field in finals, TV viewers and in attendance numbers will make the AFL take notice which would result in the favoured RFC draw.

I'll bookmark this thread and we'll wait and see how Carlton go tomorrow ok after a another bad season.

I reckon we'll be pleasently . .  BLOODY peeed OFF! lol
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2007, 01:52:15 PM »
8 home games at the G and 3 'Home' Games at the dume

Demetriouopoulas

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2007, 02:04:03 PM »
The Fonz strikes back  :chuck

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2007, 02:14:45 PM »
True Darth. More about on-field results than anything else. With the 3rd highest crowds in the AFL and good friday night tv ratings for our games this year despite finishing last we still get treated like a minnow  :P.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2007, 02:46:01 PM »

we have the weakest link

I'll bookmark this thread and we'll wait and see how Carlton go tomorrow ok after a another bad season.

I reckon we'll be pleasently . .  BLOODY peeED OFF! lol

I can start it off early it seems.

Carlton travel interstate four times.  :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
True Darth. More about on-field results than anything else. With the 3rd highest crowds in the AFL and good friday night tv ratings for our games this year despite finishing last we still get treated like a minnow  :P.

MT, the fundamentals are there, IMHO a sustained crack in the finals is the missing ingredient.

FWIW, I reckon Steve Wright is doing an excellent job.

Now, we just have to get the list together (but that is covered on other threads).

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2007, 05:31:39 PM »

we have the weakest link

Totally correct.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2007, 05:38:04 PM »
I put March in the same category as schulz. both duds.
what exactly does this March actually do. whose side is he on cause lets be honest it aint ours.

i cant remember which one of u said that the afl are pushing us into making the dome our home ground well until we get rid of this march loser that wouldnt surprise me if it happened.

march u r a weak soft prick. get lost
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.