Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 223573 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #690 on: January 25, 2012, 10:57:56 PM »
If he stays we will be ok, If he leaves we will still be ok

Deledio isn't an "ONLY" one, we have enough development going on down there to cover him.

I personally believe he would love to get to CARLTON. But that's going to be hard.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #691 on: January 25, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »
get a load of some of these drama queens :lol

No way Jose, not interested in any queen's load.

That's not what I hear crown hound   :o
you shouldnt listen to idle gossip through the glory hole

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

FNM

« Reply #692 on: January 25, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »
FHO. Hate players who hold the club for ransom

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #693 on: January 26, 2012, 04:45:23 AM »
Jack Riewoldt's tweet to Lids yesterday

"@BrettDeledio03 slow news day???"

;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #694 on: January 26, 2012, 05:24:02 AM »
I think Lids likes being at Punt Rd with his current group of teammates and will stay but if we fail to make ground this year then you can see a professional footballer walk after 8 years without finals. In this case the manager is clearly trying to maximise Lids' new deal. If we do better than expected this year then Lids will more than likely play a major part in that improvement as one of our A-graders so his new contract will then be pumped up further.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Gigantor

« Reply #695 on: January 26, 2012, 10:41:53 AM »
I would love to see Lids stay,.However i can understand if he wants to leave for success.We as a club just have to achieve success,For way too long now we have been barely mediocre,and i mean on and off field..if we want to keep and lure stars we need sucess...simple

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #696 on: January 26, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »
Forget Free Agency.

GWS.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #697 on: January 26, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »
Lids has to lift and become a game breaker otherwise let's get two first rounders for him

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #698 on: January 26, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »
I don't understand how given the way Richmond have managed the list from 2004/05 onwards, the amount of senior players Moved on in recent years. The lack of talented older footballers + rumors recently we were struggling to pay min 92.5% salary cap... 

How we cannot afford as much as any other afl team. For lids. 

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #699 on: January 26, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »
Lids has to lift and become a game breaker otherwise let's get two first rounders for him

To be fair more importantly Lids team mates also have to lift and a lot more significantly than he does.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #700 on: January 26, 2012, 09:35:11 PM »
Worried we paid overs for Martin to keep him and will pay overs for Deledio to keep him.
Effectively we pay the equivalent for these 2 players the same as say a Franklin and Hodge. 

Cbf going into detail but when you start using your salary cap up with paying overs for players it gets full quickly.

There is also a 3rd scenario he can decide not to sign and go in PSD? Or is that gone now

I'm with you on this one.  Free agency could be the permanent death knell for clubs like the Tiges who have a bad reputation for making finals or clubs that are somehow on the nose.

Every 2 years we may have to pay over the odds for a player and it will kill us.

What about in 2 years if we have to pay over for Batchelor, he won't be available for free agency but he could nominate, once the culture of club swapping for a bigger cheque  comes along, well look at rugby league,  players leave mid season.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #701 on: January 26, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »
Richmond only ever had success when there was free agency. We have been the worst club in the AFL since the draft began. Instead of looking at Free Agency as a negative the club and supporters should see it as our opportunity to once again rule the AFL jungle. Its kill or be killed in free agency. The clubs that adapt will be winners the clubs who are negative will flounder. Its time for some heavy handed and ruthless administration against our opponents. Its time for us to be a success again. Free Agency will be Tiger Time Again!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #702 on: January 27, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »
Great post 10 flags :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Sabretooth

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #703 on: January 27, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »
It's all in the timing.

A young team on the way up with smart offield management has shown to be enticing to good players, ie. North Melb in the 70s with the 10year rule.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #704 on: January 27, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »
Richmond only ever had success when there was free agency. We have been the worst club in the AFL since the draft began. Instead of looking at Free Agency as a negative the club and supporters should see it as our opportunity to once again rule the AFL jungle. Its kill or be killed in free agency. The clubs that adapt will be winners the clubs who are negative will flounder. Its time for some heavy handed and ruthless administration against our opponents. Its time for us to be a success again. Free Agency will be Tiger Time Again!

good point 10fl...the sun will continue to rise and Ive got two words to say to Lids.."Nathan Buckley"...he walked out on the Liosn for supposedly better prospects and denied himself 3 flags, wouldnt suprise me in the least to see history repeat itself here :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled